Mega Thread Tony Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillard's speech was brilliant.

Too rarely are Labor leaders willing to sink the boots in to their Coalition counterparts, but when the counterpart is a genuine arseh*le who gifts you the material it works wonderfully.

The people who disagreed with the speech are rusted on Coalition voters. And the apathetic 'I hate both' crowd who are privately, essentially rusted on to either major side.

The only problem was the Speaker resigned later and that become the main political story of the day.

Goddang it.

Goddang it.

Thought you would be back pretty quickly Jane, would have been better if Slipper had have quit the job as speaker two days ago but shit happens.

As a well versed female of the world do you believe Tone has a sexist view on women that he sees as holding different political/life views to his own?

Will Abbott accept Slippers vote?
Thought you would be back pretty quickly Jane, would have been better if Slipper had have quit the job as speaker two days ago but shit happens.

As a well versed female of the world do you believe Tone has a sexist view on women that he sees as holding different political/life views to his own?

You're sounding like Plibersek noddy.

So if a political opponent is female, they should be treated differently ????:confused:

This whole misogyny campaign by the Labor advisers is going to be gold for the Coalition - the swinging female voter in the suburbs certainly doesn't think that Abbott is a misognist. They are far more likely to be upset with terminology such as that used by Slipper or how Labor spported a person (Thomson) who allegedly cheated on his then pregnant wife with prostitutes. Most females tend to take a dim view of that behavior. Except of course for Roxon, Pilbereck and co who seemingly are okay with that.

I await the abortion campaign from Labor next - which will then of course backfire on them as soon as Abbott asks what Rudd or Shorten's position on it is.

The stupidity of Labor is unbelievable. They were going okay playing it straight with issues such as the carbon tax. As soon as they go for the man, it always, always backfires on them. It might impress the kiddies who like that sort of stuff but the wider electorate is very, very unimpressed.

Not very good last night was she.
If its any consolation the only people that would be watching it are political junkies - not the people that count.

I doubt if Labor lost or the Coalition gained any votes out of it.

So if a political opponent is female, they should be treated differently ????:confused:

This whole misogyny campaign by the Labor advisers is going to be gold for the Coalition - the swinging female voter in the suburbs certainly doesn't think that Abbott is a misognist. They are far more likely to be upset with terminology such as that used by Slipper or how Labor spported a person (Thomson) who allegedly cheated on his then pregnant wife with prostitutes. Most females tend to take a dim view of that behavior. Except of course for Roxon, Pilbereck and co who seemingly are okay with that.

I await the abortion campaign from Labor next - which will then of course backfire on them as soon as Abbott asks what Rudd or Shorten's position on it is.

The stupidity of Labor is unbelievable. They were going okay playing it straight with issues such as the carbon tax. As soon as they go for the man, it always, always backfires on them. It might impress the kiddies who like that sort of stuff but the wider electorate is very, very unimpressed.

You jump in far to quick these days tripp, there are many females who hold political views that are not in politics.

If females on the whole do not have issues with Abbott or his manner why are his poll numbers so far down with females or in fact why was his wifes staged managed appraisal
of Tone set up in the first place?

I too converse a fair bit in my travels with everyday working day folk & trust me when i say that the vast majority of females i meet & greet defiantly cannot stand your beloved Tone.

The "looking at his watch" moment was cringe worthy. Probably want to keep Plibersek away from potentially tough interviews in the future.

You jump in far to quick these days tripp, there are many females who hold political views that are not in politics.

If females on the whole do not have issues with Abbott or his manner why are his poll numbers so far down with females or in fact why was his wifes staged managed appraisal
of Tone set up in the first place?

I too converse a fair bit in my travels with everyday working day folk & trust me when i say that the vast majority of females i meet & greet defiantly cannot stand your beloved Tone.

Noddy - I said females in the outer suburban swinging electorates. Who gives a shit what some 20 something female in Glebe or Brunswick thinks. Politically they are non- entities.

I'm not saying his approval amongst females is fantatsic - however nor is it as dire as some might think as its the swinging voters that count here

And by the opposite end of the spectrum Gillard's vote with males is also terrible. And importantly and unluckily for her, most of them reside in the marginals.

Considering the depths the debate between parties has sunk to right now I would not be surprised if Craig Emerson's ex wife was approached by a media organisation to tell her story of whether they we separated or not when the affair between Gillard and him commenced. Something that Gillard declined to answer in that Women's Weekly article shorty after she became Prime Minister. I dare say that such an event would do as much if not more damage to Gillard's standing among female voters as the current campaign they are running against Abbott.

I personally hope it does not get to that but after the efforts being made in current weeks it does not seem far fetched that it may flair up as a counter issue. Gillard's character will become just as fair game to question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its any consolation the only people that would be watching it are political junkies - not the people that count.

I doubt if Labor lost or the Coalition gained any votes out of it.

I do agree with this.

Vast majority don't care beyond what sort of tax return they can expect.

Some people though, will in the back of their head wonder if a man who is so detestable should be PM. Personally, I can't stand him. If these two are running next year, we're in trouble. They're both pathetic.

Considering the depths the debate between parties has sunk to right now I would not be surprised if Craig Emerson's ex wife was approached by a media organisation to tell her story of whether they we separated or not when the affair between Gillard and him commenced. Something that Gillard declined to answer in that Women's Weekly article shorty after she became Prime Minister. I dare say that such an event would as much if not more damage to Gillard's standing among female voters as the current campaign they are running against Abbott.

I personally hope it does not get to that but after the efforts being made in current weeks it does not seem far fetched that it may flair up as a counter issue. Gillard's character will become just as fair game to question.
I think Abbott genuinely likes Gillard though - I doubt if he would condone something like that. Would be out of character.

My advice to Abbott would be to leave Gillard alone and instead go after Roxon, Albanese and Pilbersek. Just keep hammering their hypocrisy.

Was it just me or does she remind us of this bloke, when she got sarcastic towards Abbott?

He was ice cold, calm and cutting; Gillard was basically ranting and throwing a tantrum - and completely ignoring the issue at hand.

Her entire rant was completely planned; regardless of what Abbott said, it's obvious she was going to launch into that diatribe.

Thankfully, Gillard is useless and doesn't realise that, sometimes, the less you say, the better.

She completely overcooked it with the 'looking at your watch' comment - it was stupid and just makes her look petty and hyper-sensitive.

She complains about 'personal' attacks (like whether she helped defraud a Union deliberately, or by accident because she's incompetent) being made against her while seemingly her only idea at the moment is to attack and denigrate Abbott as a person, meanwhile, a prick like Slipper and a guy who pays women for his own sexual gratification are keeping her in Government. No hypocrisy to be found there.

He was ice cold, calm and cutting; Gillard was basically ranting and throwing a tantrum - and completely ignoring the issue at hand.

Agree and the radical feminist 'sisterhood' around the world lauding her won't help one bit

She will be annoyed with herself that she lost it. Time to back off a bit. Slippers votes in the bag anyway

Noddy - I said females in the outer suburban swinging electorates. Who gives a shit what some 20 something female in Glebe or Brunswick thinks. Politically they are non- entities.

I'm not saying his approval amongst females is fantatsic - however nor is it as dire as some might think as its the swinging voters that count here

And by the opposite end of the spectrum Gillard's vote with males is also terrible. And importantly and unluckily for her, most of them reside in the marginals.

I don't live in either of those places in fact where i reside i would say Whyalla (Lib MP) is a middle class town in terms of income & mortgage even though it is blue collar in general.

Abbott changed the agenda with his words aimed directly at provoking the Prime Minister, the smirk on his face as he said "die in shame" said it all.

My advice to Abbott would be to prove he can rise above all this

I doubt he will - he enjoys it too much

And thats the problem people have with him
In your experience as a follower of football, would you say that a team that makes the finals changes its style of play, or is it your experience they stick to what they know?

So is it fair to say come the election, we will get nothing but fear mongering, character assassination, treachery, lies, properganda, hate, sexism, bible bashing and the like from the opposition and no policy or direction?

That is the coalitions legacy under Tony Abbott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back