Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with the first 2. My third would have to be Melbourne. If they can get Neitz, Robertson, Yze, Green, Davey and co. to consistently perform well, that's a pretty good setup.

mark_johnson#1 said:
Johnson - Lucas - Rioli
Lovett - LLoyd - Hird

Lucas and Lloyd OK - Hird doesnt seem to kick many goals these days. Rioli and Johnson arent much forward line chop and Im not sure how many goals Lovett kicked last year?

Collingwood are definitely in the Top 3.

HF: Nathan Buckley - Travis Cloke - Chris Tarrant
F: Alan Didak - Anthony Rocca - Blake Caracella

Sean Rusling, Leon Davis, Josh Fraser, Scott Burns, Brodie Holland will all spend some time in the forward line too.

lazy said:
Smith? - Have Gardi and Lynch change their names?

Here we go again! - You must have been waiting for an eagles fan to pop up hey!

Our forward line is not as bad as everyone thinks - I mean for how good Sydney's is they only kicked 1 more goal in the GF.

Oh well - have fun ;)

Leapin Leo said:
I agree with the first 2. My third would have to be Melbourne. If they can get Neitz, Robertson, Yze, Green, Davey and co. to consistently perform well, that's a pretty good setup.

Look OK on paper - on par with Freo IMO.

Cuzz09 said:
Here we go again! - You must have been waiting for an eagles fan to pop up hey!

Our forward line is not as bad as everyone thinks - I mean for how good Sydney's is they only kicked 1 more goal in the GF.

Oh well - have fun ;)

:D - its not a bad forward line but I am just amazed in how much hope is on poor old Smiths shoulders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lazy said:
:D - its not a bad forward line but I am just amazed in how much hope is on poor old Smiths shoulders.
True - but it's not like its an impossible task for him to do something. I mean look at the delievery he'll be getting, he only has to lead to and they'll put it in the spot for him.

mudgeathon said:
True - but it's not like its an impossible task for him to do something. I mean look at the delievery he'll be getting, he only has to lead to and they'll put it in the spot for him.

Just like Lynch and Gardi have to eh? Its not quite that simple.

Coin_Toss said:

Sean Rusling, Leon Davis, Josh Fraser, Scott Burns, Brodie Holland will all spend some time in the forward line too.

Not bad until you mentioned the other players that will spend some time in the forward line.

Coin_Toss said:

:rolleyes:

And to think you typed all of that with one hand.

Granted......But Lynch is a hack of the highest order, I mean i love the bloke but he is not a forward he's a backman. The same can be said with Gards, he's a ruckman who's coming of a knee recko, at the moment he has a truning circle that could rival a semi trailer :eek:

lazy said:

Oh believe me - I hate the way everyone is going on about this Smith guy!

He hasnt even played 1 second in the big league!

Hope he does Ok but Id be happy with around 12 or so games and 30 goals.

Coin_Toss said:

duude. no disrespect, but while that forward line is serviceable, to say its DEFINITELY in the top three is outrageous and wrong. Provided all of those names can stay injury free (highly unlikely) it is ok, but having buckley in there is robbing peter to pay paul, who will get them the ball.

FWIW i think if mcpharlin can continue to improve and work in tandem, freos forward line is ACE on paper, but its a HUUGE question of if our midfield can get them the ball

IMO with every player uninjured the saints probably have the best forward line in the game....closely followed by sydney. Although this year has shown that you dont need a strong foward line to win games eg: west coast came runners up and they have one of the worst foward lines in the game (if not the worst) :D midfields are deciding more games then dominant forwards are nowadays

Coin_Toss said:

Surely you jest

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back