Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cuzz09 said:
Oh believe me - I hate the way everyone is going on about this Smith guy!

He hasnt even played 1 second in the big league!

Hope he does Ok but Id be happy with around 12 or so games and 30 goals.

30 goals in 12 games??

That would be a VERY good return and expecting a bit much, just think if he played every game then he would kick around 55 goals going at that rate..

Well for west coasts sake i hope this smith fella is half decent coz they need a target up forward they cant always really on there midfield to kick goals as we seen in the granny this year

matthedocker said:
duude. no disrespect, but while that forward line is serviceable, to say its DEFINITELY in the top three is outrageous and wrong. Provided all of those names can stay injury free (highly unlikely) it is ok
Robert Walls said in an article in June i think, that if Buckley was to move to the farward line, then Collingwood would have possibly the best farward line in the comp... and this is coming from someone who is critical of the pies whenever he gets a chance.
Outrageous and wrong>? yes, i think you are :p

Collingwood42 said:
Robert Walls said in an article in June i think, that if Buckley was to move to the farward line, then Collingwood would have possibly the best farward line in the comp... and this is coming from someone who is critical of the pies whenever he gets a chance.
Outrageous and wrong>? yes, i think you are :p
NO offence buddy but i think your over rating collingwoods forward line a bit here, yes it is good but its not top 3...sorry. For starters your CHF travis cloke has only played a hndfull of games and even though he looked promising it will take a couple more years to adapt to his possition (which is the hardest possition on the ground to play),Both tarrant and rocca are both champion players but are very injury prone and have to make a return from injry next year, didak is more of a midfielder and caracella is ok on a good day but can miss crucial set shots

I like the look of our forward line at the moment :D

HFF:Corey CHF: Brown HFF:Brennan
FP:Merret FF: Bradshaw FP:McRath

with Akermanis, Voss, Charman, Keating, Sherman all spending time down there it actually looks quite decent. Not as intimedating without Lynchy sitting in the goal square but Merret will adapt to footy in the next couple of years (hopefully!!) and can be the permanent big target deep down forward with bradshaw rotating between the back and forward lines (depending where we need him :D) and hopefully Brennan can recover from injury and return to his Round 1 2005 form against Saints

king_Brown said:
Well for west coasts sake i hope this smith fella is half decent coz they need a target up forward they cant always really on there midfield to kick goals as we seen in the granny this year

You may see a name like Adam Hunter up forward more this year can play their. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have a look at how many goals the various forward lines scored in 2005 as an indicator.

I wouldn't have the swans in the top 5 forward lines in the competition.

I would say they have an awesome defence and a highly disciplined midfield and one of the premier hard working forwards in Barry Halls.

Sydney Proved you can win a flag with a forward line that kicked the LEAST number of goals in the H&A season of any of the final 8 sides.

dan warna said:
have a look at how many goals the various forward lines scored in 2005 as an indicator.

I wouldn't have the swans in the top 5 forward lines in the competition.

I would say they have an awesome defence and a highly disciplined midfield and one of the premier hard working forwards in Barry Halls.

Sydney Proved you can win a flag with a forward line that kicked the LEAST number of goals in the H&A season of any of the final 8 sides.

The big difference is that the Swans KP forwards perform in the big games – the ones that count. The Saints forwards don’t e.g. Saints V Swans final. GT’s coaching didn’t help in that match though. :)

parrot said:
The big difference is that the Swans KP forwards perform in the big games – the ones that count. The Saints forwards don’t e.g. Saints V Swans final. GT’s coaching didn’t help in that match though. :)

that may be the case, but I would say that the game was as much about Sydney's fitness, hard working ability and defence MORE than their forward line.

Saints sadly didn't contest the latter part of the 3rd or any of the 4th quarters.

even ordinary forward lines have big days out. Sydney does not have a great forward line.

It won the games on its ability to absorb pressure and work harder than other sides.

if you think Sydney won the games against St Kilda and WC in an old fashioned shoot out, then you don't know anything.

St.Kilda, Collingwood, Sydney.

It may look biased, but it ain't:

HF: Caracella, Rocca, Rusling/Didak - Didak hopefully in the midfield)
FF: T.Cloke, Tarrant, Fraser - Richards in the ruck.

May be a little top heavy, but, if these guys get going, we are going to kick some huge scores.

And there is a bloke called Buckley who is pretty handy as well...

dan warna said:
that may be the case, but I would say that the game was as much about Sydney's fitness, hard working ability and defence MORE than their forward line.

Saints sadly didn't contest the latter part of the 3rd or any of the 4th quarters.

even ordinary forward lines have big days out. Sydney does not have a great forward line.

It won the games on its ability to absorb pressure and work harder than other sides.

if you think Sydney won the games against St Kilda and WC in an old fashioned shoot out, then you don't know anything.

Wrong. Barry Hall stamped his authority on that game big time, and it was telling. The Saints capitulated. GT’s response was terrible. :)

parrot said:
Plus Waite and Fisher. But it ain’t no good having a talented forward line if they don’t get any midfield delivery e.g. Carlton 2005. Things might change next year however. :)

Not being stupid here Parrot but dont you say the opposite about us?

Bagging the eagles for only having a midfield?

the bombers and sydney have the best by far.

Lloyd, lucas, hird, lovett, jonno, hille. look at how bad a year the bombers had, but how many goals each of these fellas kicked (not including hille)

Cuzz09 said:
Not being stupid here Parrot but dont you say the opposite about us?

Bagging the eagles for only having a midfield?

The Weagles have one of the best midfields in the comp at present. Their problem isn’t midfield delivery. The problem is lack of conversion because of a complete absence of any quality KP forwards. Another not-so-talked-about problem is the Weagles “high profile” midfielders sloppy delivery into the forward line – they have a tendency to bomb and hope. Something that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet. :)

matthedocker said:
duude. no disrespect, but while that forward line is serviceable, to say its DEFINITELY in the top three is outrageous and wrong. Provided all of those names can stay injury free (highly unlikely) it is ok, but having buckley in there is robbing peter to pay paul, who will get them the ball.

I dunno, maybe right, not top 3, but definately close to. The pies best 6 in their forward line looks as worrying as anyone (dunno why he's got rocca at ff and tarrant on a hff?, tarrent needs to be at ff making long leads to the flanks/shallow wing and have rocca drop back from hff to the space left behind). Their problem is they haven't got those particular 6 together ever. Once/if they do they should trouble most experienced backlines. But like you said....do they have the cattle to get the ball down there?

parrot said:
The Weagles have one of the best midfields in the comp at present. Their problem isn’t midfield delivery. The problem is lack of conversion because of a complete absence of any quality KP forwards. Another not-so-talked-about problem is the Weagles “high profile” midfielders sloppy delivery into the forward line – they have a tendency to bomb and hope. Something that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet. :)

Is that you Robert Walls?? ;)

lazy said:
Lucas and Lloyd OK - Hird doesnt seem to kick many goals these days. Rioli and Johnson arent much forward line chop and Im not sure how many goals Lovett kicked last year?

Hird (17), Mark Johnson (29), Lovett (25) all averaged a goal or over per game this season. Mark Johnson was very effective rotating between the midfield and half forward.

However, I don't think any team plays with 6 forwards throughout a game. Most teams will have 3-4 stay at home forwards and rotate 6-10 other players through their forwardline throughout a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back