Opinion Top 50 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Kennedy was better than Jetta but that looks fine.

Kennedy still our best so far this year but Jack is slowly closing the gap. Had the votes as ROK, Jack, Hanners, Kennedy and Bird in that order. Jetta probably in the next 2. Richards had a solid second half but was unusually shaky in the 1st half.

1. Kennedy (top 10)
2. Jack (top 15)
3. Richards (top 25)
4. Jetta (top 35)
---------------------------
Unlucky: O'Keefe

From WB v Haw:
10 - Mitchell
9 - Boyd
8 - Sewell
7 - Birchall, Griffen, Lake
6 - Roughead

Griffen was non existent after quarter time 5 would be more appropriate, would be surprised if he is still in 50, he really hasn't had that great a year outside of an outstanding 4-5 weeks early in year and Lake was outstanding and clearly best Dogs player, better than Boyd, should swap them.

Matthew Pavlich. Still the most underrated player in the comp.

Like your work nonetheless eaglespremiers

The Pav has kicked 24 goals in the last 5 weeks. If Buddy misses the next two there is every chance Pav will be leading the Coleman as they have GWS at home then play Port and there is every chance he could make up the 13 in that time with the form he is in.

The Pav has kicked 24 goals in the last 5 weeks. If Buddy misses the next two there is every chance Pav will be leading the Coleman as they have GWS at home then play Port and there is every chance he could make up the 13 in that time with the form he is in.

Deep breaths, just finishing up the top 50 for this week and Pav is in (though St Kilda fans aren't going to like me).

Here's round 16, as always criticisms welcome:

top50-round-16.jpg

Struggle to see how Rance and Jetta swapped spots based on their games, is the only glaring problem I see, Rance still way too high on list, should be in 40 's at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great thread :thumbsu:
So for us it goes

Mitch
Franklin
Birch
Sewell
Rough
------
Lewis

Anyone else close??? (for hawks) gibbo?? cyril??

Personally I’d put Lewis just above Sewell

This year Lewis has kicked 18 goals and had 295 touches (34 tackles)

Sewell has kicked 1 goal and had 335 touches (77 tackles)

Not sure if 30 odd more tackles and kicks is worth more than 17 goals

great thread :thumbsu:
So for us it goes

Mitch
Franklin
Birch
Sewell
Rough
------
Lewis

Anyone else close??? (for hawks) gibbo?? cyril??

Personally I’d put Lewis just above Sewell

This year Lewis has kicked 18 goals and had 295 touches (34 tackles)

Sewell has kicked 1 goal and had 335 touches (77 tackles)

Not sure if 30 odd more tackles and kicks is worth more than 17 goals

You've also gotta factor in things like cont. disp:
Lewis 113; Sewell 169
and clearances:
Lewis 54; Sewell 74

yeah fair call, Sewell is very underrated, even by Hawks fans
Any other Hawks near the unluckies??

Considered Whitecross for his early season form.
Rioli but he's just not consistent enough.
Also Suckling, Hale and Gibson have had some impact at different stages.
But outside of the 50 I'd probably go something like:
60ish - Lewis
70-80 - Rioli
100ish - Suckling
Other players are important but don't crack anywhere the top 100.

Deep breaths, just finishing up the top 50 for this week and Pav is in (though St Kilda fans aren't going to like me).
I was just looking at the goal kicking ladder about 10 minutes before i saw that post and was surprised at Pavs numbers then saw he last 5 games. So i was just responding to him not your rankings lol.

FYI, the gaps up the top of the leaderboard have got really tight.
I considered bumping Cotchin up because of his game but I thought Watson and Thompson were somewhat ahead before this week.
Now I peg them as just being ahead. So this was a catch-up week for Cotch.
There's not really much in the top 10 at the moment.
If Cotchin has a blinder and the other two don't then I will seriously consider him for the no. 1 spot.

Would have thought that Eddie Betts would at least be in contention for the top 50. Despite playing in a very hard position in a struggling team, he's kicked twice as many goals as our next best player and is on track for 50 goals in the H&A season. Probably having a career best season and strangely enough, one of our more consistent players. Multiple goals on 10 ocassions and 4 or more on 5 occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Top 50 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back