Trac wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Or he is forcing change because he wants to stay. Players and a coach who have significant off field issues and the club has zero interest in doing anything about it.

He does not want to stay if he wanted to stay he would publicly come out and sort out the media, this is a similar situation to when Chris Judd left the sinking ship of WCE.

The misconduct of his injury is an opportunity to abandon the inevitable sinking ship and he's going to take it.

If Melbourne were doing well on field and off field he would stay on regardless of the misconduct of his diagnosis, we will see how bad it is at Melbourne next year and foreseeable future, they are going to go into the abyss for a while.

So more detail from Fox - The operation was done under a heavy local and sedation

He tried to belt the surgeon while on the table as he was confused.

The surgeon gave his GF a call and was told to come in as he might not last the night.

Any wonder he hates the club - I’m betting that surgeon had a few home truths to tell. 😔

He does not want to stay if he wanted to stay he would publicly come out and sort out the media, this is a similar situation to when Chris Judd left the sinking ship of WCE.

The misconduct of his injury is an opportunity to abandon the inevitable sinking ship and he's going to take it.

If Melbourne were doing well on field and off field he would stay on regardless of the misconduct of his diagnosis, we will see how bad it is at Melbourne next year and foreseeable future, they are going to go into the abyss for a while.

You think if he wanted to stay he would come out and say "the coach is crap and needs to be sacked" ??

So more detail from Fox - The operation was done under a heavy local and sedation

He tried to belt the surgeon while on the table as he was confused.

The surgeon gave his GF a call and was told to come in as he might not last the night.

Any wonder he hates the club - I’m betting that surgeon had a few home truths to tell. 😔

Looks like Fox took those details from an appearance on a podcast

Can I add, WTF is “Brand Petracca”.

Had no idea about his cooking. The only time I can remember him doing anything outside of footy is the Crime Converters ads.

Never even saw him as particularly marketable.

If I were Melbourne I'd be letting him go.
Clearly suffering a degree of ptsd and will probably be looking over his shoulder for whatever career he has left.

Poor bloke, didnt deserve any of it.
I think it’s best the cleanse the club of it.

The question for Melbourne is where they see their list. If they think they’re a chance to bounce back and win it next year I can see why they’d try to keep him. I think it’ll just be a massive distraction though.

If not, it’s a good opportunity to cash in for a few high picks and kick start their list rejuvenation.

Want a fan base that continually show up no matter how much the team shit the bed ? Play for a team who are crying out for a big bodied mid ? Anzac Day, Indigenous night, Kings birthday eve, full houses at Marvel ?
EFC Trac,get yourself down there son.

The Demons played down that he very near.y died on the table - a ruptured spleen is a car accident killer injury.

I guess ge took exception to Melbourne pretending they managed it properly.

He’s lost all trust with the club.

The fact that his team mates were none the wiser screams cover up too.
It's absolutely insane that the MFC aren't copping heat for their negligence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a very sad tale. He's a player I always looked forward to watching. The balance of a cat, and power on the inside, and dynamic as all fck.

It has dawned on him that he may not reclaim what he had, that he may not be the same. And though noone seems to be saying it, the club didn't give a tick abt his health on that fateful day, and seemed to not recognize or acknowledge the seriousness of what he endured after the event.

You know, when you discover that someone was mostly just bullshiteing you when they were declaring their love for you over and over, and when it came time to demonstrate love, not just declare it like a Walter w***er would do, and they didn't, well they can gagf. Trac is right, leave that club, they're full of shite when you really needed them.

Melbourne superstar Christian Petracca is “disillusioned” with the club and “open to a trade”.

While the Demons midfielder is contracted until the end of 2029, and will find it almost impossible to leave, he “would likely ask for a trade tomorrow” if he was coming out of contract according to Nine’s Tom Morris.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Garry ablett jnr was worth pick 15 and 7 aged 26, so trac is probably worth pick 20

I had an horrific accident which left me nearly dead. You really, really don't get over it. I had many injuries (didn't get a ruptured spleen, but got other life-threatening injuries). I made a remarkable recovery, but I was never the same, emotionally or physically. One of the questions you always ask in this type of situation is, "Why me?" And you also look for someone else to blame, often. If he blames the club, there is nothing that can undo that emotional hurt.

Can I add, WTF is “Brand Petracca”.

Had no idea about his cooking. The only time I can remember him doing anything outside of footy is the Crime Converters ads.

Never even saw him as particularly marketable.
lol. His cooking Insta has half a mil of followers. Tik Tok about the same. You clearly haven't been paying attention. He's on radio, tv, socials. He has a personality that needs to be liked. Brand Petracca might have ben coined buy the media but it fits. My sister hates football yet talks about him and his recipes regularly. It's not my thing, but he's clearly building a brand.

Last edited:
I had an horrific accident which left me nearly dead. You really, really don't get over it. I had many injuries (didn't get a ruptured spleen, but got other life-threatening injuries). I made a remarkable recovery, but I was never the same, emotionally or physically. One of the questions you always ask in this type of situation is, "Why me?" And you also look for someone else to blame, often. If he blames the club, there is nothing that can undo that emotional hurt.
It's ok it wasn't Milne's fault, the ball just bounced in the wrong direction.

Want a fan base that continually show up no matter how much the team shit the bed ? Play for a team who are crying out for a big bodied mid ? Anzac Day, Indigenous night, Kings birthday eve, full houses at Marvel ?
EFC Trac,get yourself down there son.

I guess he’s already played a few finals and won a flag so he’ll probably be ok with not doing that again…

Not sure how it all plays out, but it feels like Melbourne and some of media trying to put most of blame on Petracca. When as other posters have said including myself, Melbourne don't seem to have any interest in fixing the cultural issues. Tonight on midweek tackle they sold it like a good news story, that Gawn was trying to get Oliver to go to QLD with him and family to train in pre season and Gawns wife is like a second mother to Oliver, wtf. Oliver is a 27yr old man, all that story was saying is they really still can't trust Oliver on his own but if we can get him fit for footy that is great, so nothing has really changed for Oliver. So maybe these sorts of things don't sit well with Petracca and he sees it as same old same old no one above makes any real changes to fix the culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trac wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back