Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take what you say as pretty close to the mark so that’s means we are stuck with Campbell Honey and Jong AGAIN

Power already proved he is f!cking useless. How many years can you seriously hold onto blokes that won’t help you win senior games of footy and are simply there to fill injuries holes

We are without doubt the worst trading club in the league, lucky we can draft
He hasnt proven or disproven a single thing yet. Relax ffs.

Gone:

Libba (Carlton)
Wallis (Essendon)
Dahl (Geelong)
Hunter (Hawks)
Adams (Eagles)

Bevo is cleaning out the last of the Rat Pack

In:

Pick 7
West
Pick 35 (from Eagles)
Khamis
Hartung (rookie)
It would be prudent to add the following:

Gowers (Carlton - not happy)
Libba (Carlton)

I have it on good authority that Rhylee West does not even want to come to our rabble and that Essendon are looking at taking him.

Libba (Carlton)

I have it on good authority that Rhylee West does not even want to come to our rabble and that Essendon are looking at taking him.

You are being silly now

Essendon have already signed Shiel, Gaff, Martin, McGovern and Lycett.

West is heading to the Saints

Libba (Carlton)

Don’t stop there boys, what about Macrae to Saints, McLean to Pies, English to Freo and Williams to Port... o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*** me, this thread has jumped the shark. Can bipolarity exist across a collective group of people?!

I expect we will have no players left by the weekend. At least then Bevo can wipe the slate clean, and “build the list he really wants”...

:cool::moustache:;):(:mad::po_O:drunk:
People were dismissive last year when a few people got early mail about Stringer and look what happened
Can’t comment on all the players but the Adams stuff is real

I take what you say as pretty close to the mark so that’s means we are stuck with Campbell Honey and Jong AGAIN

Power already proved he is f!cking useless. How many years can you seriously hold onto blokes that won’t help you win senior games of footy and are simply there to fill injuries holes

We are without doubt the worst trading club in the league, lucky we can draft
St.Kilda?

If Corey Gregson gets squeezed out at Geelong would we be interested?
Thought he was a pretty handy player but don't know what his form has been like this year.

I like Lincoln McCarthy if he is available from Geelong. Gregson also fits the small forward need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have Cordy Naughton Morris young Roberts as kpd still plenty there even if we lose him

Morris will be a year to year proposition, Roberts and Young couldn’t get a game this year, Naughton has played one year. Young was our great KPD hope this time last year and look how that’s gone.

I know Collins was unproven, but he was more suited to the gorillas. Just in terms of size. I know he had things to work on, particularly in terms of leg speed.

One of my big frustrations is the lack of development in certain areas for certain people. Tom Campbell is the classic case - have been saying for years that his issue was his tank - and it is still the same.... These things can be worked on....

Now perhaps we are looking forward and don’t see the need to have a large number of KPD’s - as sides are planning to play smaller forward lines. And on form, contract position etc - Collins was last on the list. But to me he is classic low risk, high reward pickup for another club. Only time will tell...

I am one Jong re-signing away from kicking the doors in at Whitten oval.

In all seriousness I have never been a fan of his and feel we have enough depth in the area.

I will seriously question this club if we let a club favourite such as Libba go. I can live with Adams as he can barely get on the field. And if Hunter leaves I will give up AFL forever. Rant over.

English has given up football altogether and is playing the violin I have heard
Heard our whole list is retiring or moving clubs and the AFL is giving us 35 priority picks at the end of the rookie draft to replenish the squad

If Bulldogs_6 says Adams is probably gone, I'd say it's highly likely that he is. Which is a shame. I like Adams. I hope we can get something decent for him.
The bigger question is, why? When fit, he's getting games for us. He's not in line for a bigger contract from anyone else, given he spends most of the year in the rehab ward. So what gives?

Had we chosen not to offer a 2018 contract extension to Tom Campbell, we would have had the capacity to take another rookie instead.
Which would have given us the capacity to take whichever candidate Dalrymple wanted, probably in addition to the Gowers selection.

Instead, we kept a ruckman that the match committee refused to select and lost our recruiter.

There are many parties at fault here, but Jason McCartney's decision to offer a 2018 contract to Tom Campbell has given us nothing and cost us quite a bit.

You can include Honeychurch in this as well, I remember it being between Crameri and Honeychurch for the last list spot. They both should have gone and we should have taken both Gowers and the player Dal wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFS, slow down flogs

Went to the gym at like 7, thread moved like 6-7 pages in that time since

As a consequence, you get a Starburnsesque long winded multiquote

AFL.com saying hawks have interest in McGovern. Does salary cap not apply to them?
Lel, Geelong also
Martin is a nice little player but by no means is he a "Ferrari" and he definitely does not warrant trading our pick 7.

Holy overpay batman.
Agree, absolute "cream" player, the types that David King loves to talk about when teams should challenge

Late first rounder imo, worth way more to Gold Coast than anyone else
No wonder they resigned Sandilands and Ballantyne then.
Another reason why future draft pick trading sucks when you are not in a position to do so (only favours those with an established list, but later draft picks having performed well that year, helping boost their pick assists in trade)
Both are well passed it. Can't see Sandi getting more then half a dozen games next season
Yeah baffling call, Darcy, Apeness and Jones can all do the job
I'm amazed at the amount of people that want us to get a kpp in the draft or via a trade.
Agreed, we've stocked up in that area and we now know who we want to persist with

Trengove and English have to be our number one rucks going forward, Boyd back to the goalsquare thanks

Wouldn't mind looking at a medium type though, if the right type emerges, either end of the ground. Have lost a few lately.
The lack of linking players to our club doesnt worry me in the slightest. All last year schache was going to richmond to be Riewoldt and richos baby or Collingwood because they had no forwards, but its really just the media hyping up the clubs that get more clicks on AFL.com.

Never fear dogs fans, the movement on our list is not for nothing. Bevos words in his final conference are very telling for a man who doesnt give much away. "we want to bolster our list with experienced players." If I know anything about Bev its that means we arent ******* around.

The free agents are a bit of a worry but with the willingness the club has shown to trade guys like Griff, Higgins, Coon and stringer at the right times tells me the right decision will be made. Also the current players are very arguably not at the level the guys I mentioned were when we got rid of them. The loss might not be as great as it seems.

Time will tell though...
Agree with this sentiment

I can confirm that the media rates us and Hawthorn as the toughest clubs to get info from in Victoria also
If Corey Gregson gets squeezed out at Geelong would we be interested?
Thought he was a pretty handy player but don't know what his form has been like this year.
Don't need any more players made of glass
What about Roberts? Dont your ridiculous hypotheticals always involve us trading him out?
Lel, thought exactly the same
I have often posted the same thing through 2018. But given our match committee clearly had no intention of playing BTC even when we were getting pumped every week in the ruck, it was a wasted list spot all year.
Yep, horrendous decision

Should've moved him on to another club last year quickly rather than pissfart on Stringer and the Bombers for weeks

Would've preferred a mature state leaguer in his spot, or another project type
Some Saints fans suggest they're all over Max King.
He's doing rehab there two days per week as the moment so they get a really good look at him.
Is that even allowed?

Thought potential high end draftees weren't allowed to train at clubs before the draft, isn't rehab at a club a form of training? Only traineeship types can in regards to their high performance programs with special allowances, or mature agers before a rookie draft.
I would pick him up also but he isn't worth anywhere near 7. Lachie Neale is worth 7 and he is 3 X the player Martin is.
7 for Martin would be the equivalent of the pick we wasted on Sherman.
Yep
Jack Hombsch, is he good and would he add anything to our side? I see port are offering him around and would be cheap. Can play tall and small from different bios I've read about him.

Rather Young playing than him. He would be depth.
I like Hombsch too, reckon he's been hard done by by Hinkley with the likes of Clurey ahead of him.

If we lose Adams I'd be happy at punting on him at the right price.
Could we package May and Ah Chee for pick 6 and something else ?
Our future first rounders for the next 4 years...or someone like Bont or Macrae...

Gold Coast are arguably the toughest flogs to deal with come the trade table, up there with Essendon and GWS. If Gold Coast rates said player as a lost asset, then they will not want anything less than 2 first rounders/equivalent per player
Wallis wants out because of opportunity, money or both?
I reckon opportunity

Not an inside mid anymore
Melbourne looking at Preuss. Why? Apparently North are shopping him around...
Horrendous decision by both clubs if so

If I was Norf, I'd do a Richmond/Deledio and flog Goldstein off somewhere for a solid pick and just use Preuss, he us there future, Goldstein is only the present.

Melbourne don't need a blue chip ruck prospect with Gawn smashing them up. Someone like Zac Clarke would be good enough back up for him, maybe even Campbell.
I swear to god we better not turn into Adelaide and lowball our good players.

Nervous times for us dogs supporters
Carlton are notorious for this too

Betts and Tuohy are the main ones I've heard who were lowballed.

And guess where Power learnt the ropes from...
Pick 30ish sadly

Less than many here would think. P25-45 IMO.

Happy to lose Adams. China doll.

My understanding is that Adams’ request wasn’t necessarily to go back to WA, but just to be traded generally.

Which is a lot worse
Imo West Coasts 20 for him is fair, considering it'll slide

Though, do they need him? Where are McKenzie and Schofield ranked on their pecking order as it seems Barrass and McGovern are the main two they'll persist with long term.

Adams leaving to another Victorian club would be annoying, but more chances of getting a deal/player we like out of it imo
Did Adams request a trade again. Wtf did I miss??
It's like that....thread moves way too ******* quick this time of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back