Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Size and weight are completely different for every player

Some at 190cm can carry at
100kgs some can’t, anyone that thinks people of the same size have the same body composition has never dealt with sportsman at any level
Lucky I have been involved with sport then and understand this. His size could explain the foot injury marginally but he’s had no reoccurrence of this since as far ya us mere mortals know. Maybe you could enlighten me on how his weight impacted on his shoulder?
BTW I do know that skinny guys with a playing weight of 76-78kg at 185cm can do stuff all at 96kg. The increase was gradual over 10-12 years and remained constant for a further 20. Oh..... just realised counting up the years that I’m old

What position are you basing this on? Forward or Back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For either. We have KPD depth even without Adams. We have need of creative small forwards and those who can generate forward pressure, we are reasonably well stocked for key forwards.

We don’t need Moore.

No
Yet Adams who is obviously interested in leaving must be kept
Not sure. If his attitude is toxic he can join the rest. Haven’t the foggiest why or even if he’s unhappy. I’d like to keep him from what I know and have seen (an opinion) but like all trades, happy to back the club in. I had to be patient and suffer many years but they managed to win one for us. Maybe, just maybe they might manage another. Pity 17 other teams are aiming for the same thing.

Lots of small and medium players get chronic injuries that never allows them to get the best out of themselves. Never been much of an armchair physio so I've personally never adhered to the dogma put about by many here that Adams apparent size is the cause of his injury issues.

I do think that he's a very important cog of our defensive half. However, if he isn't invested in the club and with rumours abounding for the second year in a row that he isn't, then I'd be inclined to let him go. As is the way of these things when you are dealing with the potential of a disgruntled player we will most certainly not get a good return on our investment. For mine his value would be commensurate with that of Jamie Elliot (yes Im aware that he has re-signed) and most here were only interested in him if he came over on the cheap because of his injury history. The same will apply to Adams, we cannot have it both ways.

For mine his value would be commensurate with that of Jamie Elliot (yes Im aware that he has re-signed) and most here were only interested in him if he came over on the cheap because of his injury history. The same will apply to Adams, we cannot have it both ways.
Hmmmmm. Need to ponder that. I tend to value backs higher that forwards but not the silliest thing I’ve read. Might sleep on that

Interesting divergence of views on Adams. Personally I think it’s as simple as he shows flashes of being that quality big beast backman we all yearn for, interspersed with moments of crapness. Riddle wrapped in an enigma etc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hmmmmm. Need to ponder that. I tend to value backs higher that forwards but not the silliest thing I’ve read. Might sleep on that

Im talking from the point of view of two players with chronic injuries. From a purely talent point of view I'd have Elliot way out in front and I'm a massive fan of Marcus Adams.

He is a weird body shape, though. To the eye, looks like Incredible Hulk, but as others have pointed out, on height and weight stats alone that’s deceptive.
It’s a tough one cos if we go all out to hold on to him he could be the next Tom Williams, but if we offload him he could be a star wherever he goes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine his value would be commensurate with that of Jamie Elliot (yes Im aware that he has re-signed) and most here were only interested in him if he came over on the cheap because of his injury history. The same will apply to Adams, we cannot have it both ways.

So the Pies valued Elliot more by having him on their club list rather than what a club was likely to give them for him.

Dogs should take the same view as the Pies did with Elliot.

Adams is worth more even with the injury risks than what a club is likely to give us.

Ok enough reading and typing drivel on here. Someone organise me a trade so we get May, Wingard and Martin (Chad needs a brother unless there is a Rioli free). Anyone else unsigned can go and if Marcus actually wants out he can go. Assume that would leave as all last end picks for Barlow and a few mature ages from VFL. Surely we’ll snagbat least 1 gem

So the Pies valued Elliot more been on their club list rather than what a club was likely to give for him.

Dogs should take the same view as the Pies did with Elliot the only difference is Adams is also contracted to us.

Im not aware of persistent rumours that Elliot wanted to leave. Its now an annual event with Adams, so one thing is not at all like the other.

So Sydney value Moore at 12? Doubt it but who knows these days
It probably is a bit unrealistic. Moore is worth pick 12 (or close enough to it) if he gets his body right, but that value would have to be split between us and Collingwood considering Adams is probably worth less. Hard to say now what they could offer once the Hannebery, Rohan, Newman and probably other deals are done.

Ok enough reading and typing drivel on here. Someone organise me a trade so we get May, Wingard and Martin (Chad needs a brother unless there is a Rioli free). Anyone else unsigned can go and if Marcus actually wants out he can go. Assume that would leave as all last end picks for Barlow and a few mature ages from VFL. Surely we’ll snagbat least 1 gem

All 3 of those players are indigenous. Not the worst move I’ve seen - if we’re going to target indigenous players, target several to make the move more enticing.

Plus Martin is originally from Broome. The last (only) bloke we got from Broome helped deliver a flag...

Im not aware of persistent rumours that Elliot wanted to leave. Its now an annual event with Adams, so one thing is not at all like the other.

Can't disagree with what you have stated other than to say when Marcus last requested a trade he did say if something couldn't be worked out he was happy to stay. Not only did he stay but he signed a new contract.

Thus far he has not requested a trade but I guess it seems he will soon as all the noises are pointing towards that.

That's a pretty shallow statement. Players like Isaac Smith, Stephen/Brad Hill, Patrick Dangerfield, Chris Judd among a huge array of others have used pace to great effect throughout their careers.

Is it absolutely essential to a recipe for success? No, but a high quality, pacey player can add a lot to a team.

Is it? I said it was over-rated, not irrelevant. A lethal kick can still make the ball cover ground more quickly than a fast player, but thanks for the cheap assessment.

Three way swap with Collingwood and Sydney

Sydney get:
Moore

Collingwood get:
Adams

Dogs get:
pick 12

Add Dahl’s compo and it balances it up. Maybe Collingwood send a 3rd round to Sydney too.

Is it? I said it was over-rated, not irrelevant.
Overrated by whom?
A lethal kick can still make the ball cover ground more quickly than a fast player, but thanks for the cheap assessment.
So? That's like saying a fast player has a much better chance of running 50 meters into an open goal than a slow player.

Reminder that today's reports only suggested Collingwood sounded interest in Adams. That doesn't mean he wants go go there, or that he's not homesick like every report up to this point claimed.

If he leaves, far better chance it's Fremantle. Michael Johnson and Lee Spurr retired, Logue played 0 games this year, Alex Pearce is up-and-down and Hamling is more the third man up type. They literally had to play that potato Kersten in defence last year. I have no doubt Lyon would be interested in a more powerful defender like Adams.

Add Dahl’s compo and it balances it up. Maybe Collingwood send a 3rd round to Sydney too.

We need the Dahl compo for Rylee West.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back