Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have a feeling we go for one of the 19yo's boys who missed out on the draft last year. Either one of the guys from the Footscray VFL or Bowman/Hanrahan etc.

I’d say the VFL guys would lead the way, depending what type of player we elect to go with & the outcome of Morris will be known by then.

Hopefully Gardner becomes a reliable KPF to look at

Have a feeling we go for one of the 19yo's boys who missed out on the draft last year. Either one of the guys from the Footscray VFL or Bowman/Hanrahan etc.
We did pick up two last year so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Was convinced Hanharan was due to go in the 3rd round, but didn't even end up being rookied. He's a Dogs fan right?

The other option is going for a KPP like Ryan Gardner from our VFL side. If he plays well, we may grab him mid-season

I’d say the VFL guys would lead the way, depending what type of player we elect to go with & the outcome of Morris will be known by then.

Hopefully Gardner becomes a reliable KPF to look at
Not really most of the players who stay back in the TAC Cup for an extra year is because the scouts watch that league more closely than the VFL so they have a better chance of being picked up.

Bowman would be my choice as a KPF if we went that way. Has a very high ceiling with his foot skills and athleticism.

Type of player we need:

De goey
Stephenson
Jamie Elliott
Jack martin
Jade Gresham
Liam Ryan
Wingard
Breust
Gray
Betts
Charlie Cameron
Rayner
Ainsworth
Rioli
Fantasia
Greene
Papley
Walters

Not too much to ask is it??

Don't disagree, but very few of them have left their drafting club = damned hard to get, but not impossible

Thought I would put this here, rather than the Picken thread.

His retirement was inevitable, so WTF did the club wait until 2 weeks after the pre season draft?

The club are obviously not keen on the available talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His retirement was inevitable, so WTF did the club wait until 2 weeks after the pre season draft?

agree. dont want to speak badly about picken on his retirement but it was pretty obvious the chances of him playing most of the year were slim at best. and even if he did get back on the field no way he plays without getting another head knock. could have used the roster spot.

Type of player we need:

De goey
Stephenson
Jamie Elliott
Jack martin
Jade Gresham
Liam Ryan
Wingard
Breust
Gray
Betts
Charlie Cameron
Rayner
Ainsworth
Rioli
Fantasia
Greene
Papley
Walters

I have to say Fronk, I’ve been very underwhelmed by Martin. Thought he would be much more damaging than he is by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Type of player we need:

De goey
Stephenson
Jamie Elliott
Jack martin
Jade Gresham
Liam Ryan
Wingard
Breust
Gray
Betts
Charlie Cameron
Rayner
Ainsworth
Rioli
Fantasia
Greene
Papley
Walters

Should go hard at Fantasia. Surely if things keep going the way they are at Tullamarine it won't be hard to lure their good players to greener paatures.

Should go hard at Fantasia. Surely if things keep going the way they are at Tullamarine it won't be hard to lure their good players to greener paatures.
Always been a massive fan of Fantasia, but he signed a 2-year extension on his existing contract last year, locking him in until 2021. Would take a top 10 pick at bare minimum to lure him away, as well as a sizable contract (~800k over 5 years I'd say). Not sure it's worth going for because of how hard it would be to get done.

But yeah, I think it becomes easier the worse Essendon performs

are we allowed to have Oraaaaaaaaaaaaaaazio and Lllllllllloyd in the same team?

Always been a massive fan of Fantasia, but he signed a 2-year extension on his existing contract last year, locking him in until 2021. Would take a top 10 pick at bare minimum to lure him away, as well as a sizable contract (~800k over 5 years I'd say). Not sure it's worth going for because of how hard it would be to get done.

But yeah, I think it becomes easier the worse Essendon performs

He will take unders to play for our great club

Type of player we need:

De goey
Stephenson
Jamie Elliott
Jack martin
Jade Gresham
Liam Ryan
Wingard
Breust
Gray
Betts
Charlie Cameron
Rayner
Ainsworth
Rioli
Fantasia
Greene
Papley
Walters

Well if JMac gave a contracted Scully away for a 4th round pick, then that means Greene is worth around a 3rd rounder right?

We could probably haggle JMac down to two 4th rounders I think.

Think the club wanted Picken to call it, allow him all the time in the world to make his decision instead of forcing it on him.

a list of 19/20yo's that might be worth a look in the draft thread:
Think the club wanted Picken to call it, allow him all the time in the world to make his decision instead of forcing it on him.

The right thing to do too.. he is a great clubman and a premiership hero. He should get the choice, not be forced out of the door

Left field suggestion, but Jy Simpkin?

Started his career like a house on fire (at one point was compared to Gresham!), is currently playing like a guy with zero confidence. North don't seem that great in developing the kids so we could be getting a quality player for unders.

Left field suggestion, but Jy Simpkin?

Started his career like a house on fire (at one point was compared to Gresham!), is currently playing like a guy with zero confidence. North don't seem that great in developing the kids so we could be getting a quality player for unders.
How much midfield does he play? I ask because last year he played all 22 games for North, yet only kicked 12 goals. That screams Dahlhaus 17/18 to me.

Otherwise, yeah I could get onboard with Simpkin, he was Pick 12 in the same draft as Tim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back