Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me thinking this but do some clubs seem to have bottomless salary caps? Geelong for example seem to be able to add anybody they like and still fit within the salary cap. Carlton are adding Zac Williams and Saad and were having thoughts of chasing DeGoey (now refuted according to AFL website). I know the AFL scrutinises each team's spending but this issue continues to bemuse. As we are never linked to the big names seemingly on the move, it would appear we don't have the cap space that several other teams do. Just a tad baffling.
Agree and I suspect it maybe after career opportunities but it’s hard to know. One thing I will say is that we don’t tend to lose our players that we want to keep and part of that will be looking after them

Dale you are a poster I really respect and appreciate your insights.

But from those you talk to, does the footy industry really believe Danger is on less coin then Jared Polec? Honestly I struggle to believe that. The guy is an out and out superstar and should be on 1mio plus.

yeah Shiel turned down 1.3 mill to play for Essendon for 800k

lynch turned down 1.3 to play for 750k

BULLSH!T

We had an entire thread on “what constitutes a dickhead”.

Guys that get pissed and do stupid things now and then (Lachie Hunter, dusty martin) are not dickheads.

Guys that distract teammates and infect a group (stringer) are dickheads.

Sometimes the biggest dickheads of all are guys that never get in trouble publicly. Backstabbing, selfish, sour types. We all know people like that. They must be avoided at all costs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

it’s near impossible to get any group of 45 off people fro mall areas of life and not have at least a handful of dickheads.

they are footy players not moral barometers that’s some suggest they should be.

there is a difference between being a d!ckhead and being a “cancer” as some like to label players who don’t do everything they are told to do.

Some sound like they are suggesting they wouldn’t want Dusty because he is a d!ckhead. Lol stop talking utter bullsh!t anyone that suggests that.
Agree not everyone will be perfect in a group of 45 but that doesn’t mean you recruit players who you know to be idiots and I would definitely put Degoey in the no go category

Regardless of what he’s done off field, I don’t think he’s proven over long enough to demand the coin that even Buckley has said will dictate where he plays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy, McKernan, Daw et al aren't great players, but are the kind of player whose value on the field structurally would offer more than their abilities suggest, simply by giving English a proper tap out and being somewhat competent in another position when not in the ruck. So I get the interest in these players. But Trengove is better than all of them and hardly gets a game.

We need a dual position ruck to complement English. Even a shitty one might patch over our greatest glaring weakness, but only if Bevo is willing to pick them.

If Bevo has a mancrush on any player mentioned above I'd be all for it.
Ayce Cordy, bring back Ayce Cordy ffs!

I think cats are just smart with their contracts. They're very much the best run club when it comes to list management.

Bullshit

Tell me how they got
1.ablett back 600k
2.tuoghy offered 700k at Carlton
3 Dalhouse 600k
4Danger 900k was offered 950 to stay over 5 years $250k more
5 Selwood 800k
6.Jack Steven was offered 700k at st Kilda say 600k
7 Mitch Dunken ??? 600k plus

Ok so Hawkins and the other 29 players on there list are on 100k lol

Fukin joke

Bullshit

Tell me how they got
1.ablett back 600k
3 Dalhouse 600k
5 Selwood 800k

Fukin joke

Abletts On peanuts now.

Youre dreaming if you think Dahlhaus is on 600k and Steven 700k with his issues.

They do it better than anyone.

Bullshit

Tell me how they got
1.ablett back 600k
3 Dalhouse 600k
5 Selwood 800k

Fukin joke

Where are these figures from? Hope not media reports. “It is believed.....”. Pretty sure the media have no idea on how much most are on.

But from those you talk to, does the footy industry really believe Danger is on less coin then Jared Polec? Honestly I struggle to believe that. The guy is an out and out superstar and should be on 1mio plus.
From what I understand, he’s not on 1m. None of the Geelong boys are/have been. I don’t know specifics but the message coming out of the club is that their is a very very specific pay structure and it tops out at certain criteria. There are other ways to get benefits to players, though. Why do you think Bonti drives a 2019 Merc ute?

The amount of other business opportunities afforded to him by Geelong people would more than make up for it

The Western Bulldogs went out in the first week of finals. Photo: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images.Source: Getty Images
Footage has emerged of Tenisha Crook, the partner of charismatic Tiger Jack Higgins, labelling some Bulldogs players as “selfish” and “little losers” for partying too loud inside the AFL hub

in the video, Crook said the Bulldogs should “get on your flight back to Footscray – or wherever the f*** you live”.

Some wallpaper for the rooms next time we play the covid breaking tigers.

The Western Bulldogs went out in the first week of finals. Photo: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images.Source: Getty Images
Footage has emerged of Tenisha Crook, the partner of charismatic Tiger Jack Higgins, labelling some Bulldogs players as “selfish” and “little losers” for partying too loud inside the AFL hub

in the video, Crook said the Bulldogs should “get on your flight back to Footscray – or wherever the f*** you live”.

Haha we are going into a prelim weekend with many amazing stories and this gets a go. Unbelievable. You have to scratch your head that a highly paid journo would even think twice about publishing this.

Wonder when the next flight is from the Gold Coast to Footscray?

She’s the classic cashed up bogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back