Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from Boyd’s social media, he does seem to be more engaged with the club in recent weeks. Minuscule chance, but it’s more than I would have said 3 months ago
Boydy won’t play footy with us again. Is involved heavily with a few initiatives at the club though. Very clever young man.

Gee the Rance stuff is a big kite to fly.

Plus he was a good player but not necessarily what we need. The tigers best lockdown defenders were Ashbury and Grimes. Rance more of an interceptor. We already have Keath for that role, we need a lockdown 1 on 1 defender so Keath can roam more.

Just from Boyd’s social media, he does seem to be more engaged with the club in recent weeks. Minuscule chance, but it’s more than I would have said 3 months ago
I have a fantasy that Boyd comes back to us as a free agent or mid season draftee and plays a pivotal role in another flag run.

Won’t happen though, he seems content with his life atm. Would be awesome if the club could do something with him off field and remain involved

Gee the Rance stuff is a big kite to fly.

Plus he was a good player but not necessarily what we need. The tigers best lockdown defenders were Ashbury and Grimes. Rance more of an interceptor. We already have Keath for that role, we need a lockdown 1 on 1 defender so Keath can roam more.

He could do both always one on one with Buddy.

Hawkins never did anything detrimental to his team or club, though. He was always popular with teammates rather than divisive
That's true. But some people say "no dickhead policy". Dane Swan, Didak, Dusty, Lockett, Cousins, Kerr. There are heaps littered through teams over the years. Unless they're really off, I have no problem at all with them. Some like Aker wear out the welcome quickly but generally every team needs them.

I'm just hoping we find another Hayden Crozier type steal trade/FA. Duryeah kind of fits that mould too.

We seem pretty good at those.
Bevo has said he plans on being active this trade period, and it sounds like we'd be targetting role players rather than big names. Could see us going for guys like Phillips on the wing, or a range of small pressure forwards that are far from the Papley/Cameron/Butler level.

We've done well getting these guys so far. As bad as Lloyd is this year, he did win our goalkicking award last year. Duryea has been rock solid in defence even if he's injury prone. Crozier has been incredible. We have enough stars around the field, so it's not really our top end that needs addressing. It's improving our 22 by getting the right role players and improving in quality in general that will help us win a final

Bevo has said he plans on being active this trade period, and it sounds like we'd be targetting role players rather than big names. Could see us going for guys like Phillips on the wing, or a range of small pressure forwards that are far from the Papley/Cameron/Butler level.

We've done well getting these guys so far. As bad as Lloyd is this year, he did win our goalkicking award last year. Duryea has been rock solid in defence even if he's injury prone. Crozier has been incredible. We have enough stars around the field, so it's not really our top end that needs addressing. It's improving our 22 by getting the right role players and improving in quality in general that will help us win a final
Henderson could plug a hole in defense
And woodcock a hole at small forward.
Both have previously been delisted so are free agents

Would definitely take Woodcock. If Port land Fantasia he’d be gettable too I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woodcock filling a hole is just what we need, especially with our repeat forward entries when we are on top and just dominating games for no reward. At least we tend to sustain it and don’t just blow all our energy in the early part of games, that would be embarrassing.

Goldstein and Tarrant both looking likely to stay at the Roos can’t wait to end up trade period with a pack of chips and coke 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back