Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have heard that Darcy MacPherson will be at Dogs this year or next year
All depends on the list size next season, Gold Coast are pushing to stay out of the changes since they got the afl exception to have a bigger list

Would seen Gold Coast trading or delisting 12 players
I thought I read somewhere recently that any list reductions will be applied pro-rata for Gold Coast?

Don't you love the peanuts. 16 Flags and all - they won 6 of them when the comp was only 8 teams and before we even came in. We beat them to gain entry when we were just lowly VFA and they were premiers. Since the comp became the AFL they've won 2 Flags to our 1. Since the Comp got harder with more travel and more teams, they had to cheat and we've still won 1 flag to their 0. We've also won a lot of finals...i think its about 6000 days since they won a final let alone a flag. Living in the past. Plus they only win Grand Finals 50% of the time. We are far superior with a 66.67% record.

The druggies have only won 14 flags, the 1897 and 1924 "Premierships" were given to them for finishing on top of the ladder, no GF played to find the best team.

I’m hearing the dogs will only make 5 list changes including JUH

With Dicko gone, his place is taken by JUH so that means 4 more out.

Gardner is close to resigning a one year contract with a trigger although he is pushing for two.

So 4 out and Hannan and 3 more in says to me we won’t be doing much at all this trade period unless something changes

Dogs are very keen on Mcasey but he will most likely nominate us end of next year.

Pickering will meet with dogs this week to discuss Dunks contract but club are adamant even if he asks he isn’t going. Bont involved.

I’ve heard no interest in Darcy Mac

Last edited:
If the main list numbers reduce and the rookie list expands it just means players who would have been main list are now rookies. They don't become list cloggers just because they are on the rookie list.

I’ve seen a few people on here wet the bed that we haven’t announced any delistings yet, even though the season isn’t over until tonight. We have a few players that may be let go only if numbers reduce more than anticipated.

Other clubs that have announced theirs in bulk like Norf may very well re-sign some they have let go once list changes are announced. Easy way to get players back on the minimum salary once they know they are expendable.

Can’t see Norf drafting 10 kids when they could still have the likes of Pittard & Williams playing that will still perform better than an 18yo 5th round draft pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just cannot get any excitement out of the Hannan announcement. Admittedly I haven’t followed his career closely but it is so hard to get excited about someone who struggled to get a game for Melbourne. Is this a fair statement?
On the AFL stats site, there is one stat with an 'above average' rating, 1.1 goals per game. Most other stats show 'below average'. Or betters know more than we do but

re delistings, isn't there a rule you need to have the same number of list spots as draft picks you take to the draft? I've seen that referenced a few times. If so holding off makes a lot of sense as we may end up selling off our first rounder for multiple later picks and we'd need to know that number before we can manage the list. We'd need more list spots if we have a bunch of 3rd rounders rather than second rounders for example to pay for JUH

re delistings, isn't there a rule you need to have the same number of list spots as draft picks you take to the draft? I've seen that referenced a few times. If so holding off makes a lot of sense as we may end up selling off our first rounder for multiple later picks and we'd need to know that number before we can manage the list. We'd need more list spots if we have a bunch of 3rd rounders rather than second rounders for example to pay for JUH
Yeah that's correct. We can also use the strategy of "delisting" additional players but committing to redraft them as rookies. Leaves extra list spots open so we can bring more picks to match bids, then just redraft guys like Greene, Hayes, etc. in the rookie draft if we want them for a single year

The druggies have only won 14 flags, the 1897 and 1924 "Premierships" were given to them for finishing on top of the ladder, no GF played to find the best team.
After being awarded the 1924 title, (no GF) Essendon played the VFA Premier (Footscray) for the title of Victorian Champion.

We smashed 'em That Premiership title belongs to us more than them.

I just cannot get any excitement out of the Hannan announcement. Admittedly I haven’t followed his career closely but it is so hard to get excited about someone who struggled to get a game for Melbourne. Is this a fair statement?
The position he played was taken by Fritsch who is a pretty good young player so I wouldn’t right Hannan off I’ve seen him play some good games

Would be stoked to have Darcy Macpherson on our team!

Somebody on our board just reckoned Dunkley got offered 750k x 5 by the Druggies.

Of course no source , but if true and he nom'ed them, I hope your starting price would be 3 firsts and Merrett. Dodo is a kent and would deserve no less.

Fabricated BS I am sure, he is contracted to 2022 and it would be the equivalent to us trading Jack Steele.

Good luck in the T&D looking forward to seeing your academy guy in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back