Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's all that about? He's been out for over two years with concussion related sinus problems. Toot's on the grade A shit.

I've heard from my source inside the club that Dunkley will only stay at the Dogs if we give his Mum a job making coffees at Barker's.

Have given up on coffee at Barkers fronk , they just won’t make a hot one.
Maybe Mrs Dunkley can crank it up a bit ?

I've heard from my source inside the club that Dunkley will only stay at the Dogs if we give his Mum a job making coffees at Barker's.
And she’ll only accept the deal if the milk comes from Andrew Dunkley’s dairy farm.

Trade period mostly sucks for us in recent years.

We’ve had a couple of wins e.g Tom Boyd coming, but it has mostly resulted in good and much loved players - Griffen, Stringer, Roughead, Dahlhaus - leaving the club.

We’ve also had history of losing other stars in the past like Templeton, Hardie, N.Brown which were hard to take.

So I completely get that people are edgy at the moment because Dunkley is a popular and good player and we don’t want to lose him.

No one knows for sure at the moment if Dunkley wants to go so we’re basically just going to have to wait for definitive confirmation.

Come on Leon you know North gave us a great package of players for Dempsey in return.

I made myself laugh 😂

Have given up on coffee at Barkers fronk , they just won’t make a hot one.
Maybe Mrs Dunkley can crank it up a bit ?

So King (if you're really the King?! ;) ) I see that you've let slip that Scrag and fronk are the same person. Just as I suspected all along, it's just me on here with one other poster who has 238 aliases. Well played to you fellow poster, managing to pretend to be 3 mods, Mattdougie, Virgin Dog, KH, fronk, NBates, Norm, dogwatch, etc all at the same time must be exhausting. I salute you.

(PS I'm actually an 11yo Paraguayan girl who likes making pinatas and collecting insects to feed to my Chaco side-necked turtle. :laughing:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Leon you know North gave us a great package of players for Dempsey in return.

I made myself laugh 😂
I met one of the guys we traded for him, not Cowton, who were the others?
Wasnt happy with that as he was my first fave player

John Moylan & Mark Williams

John Moylan and Mark Williams. (Not the Port coach or the other Mark Williams from Carlton who played for us under Malthouse, a Tasmanian giant who's knees were shot before he even made it to WO. :mad:)

Yes it was Moylan. Didn't look like his knees were in great shape either

John Moylan & Mark Williams
John Moylan and Mark Williams. (Not the Port coach or the other Mark Williams from Carlton who played for us under Malthouse, a Tasmanian giant who's knees were shot before he even made it to WO. :mad:)

And his partner wanted to go back to Tassie

Yes it was Moylan. Didn't look like his knees were in great shape either

I got off a plane from the Gold Coast and saw the back page of the Sun and was filthy at North as they were such a power then.

When Dempsey played his first game for North, he'd turned 30 over the off-season. Left as the captain and had won the 6th of his B&Fs in 77. Won the B&F at North in his first season in 79. We got a journeyman utility, an average hbf and a KPD who was next to useless. Wonder what Dempsey would get in today's trade landscape? His 5 full seasons at North were statistically superior to any he produced with us. Sadly, we were such a basket-case administratively at the end of 78 we gave up an all-time league great for a combined return from Cowton/Moylan/Williams of 66 games and 6 goals, while he played 122 games and kicked 39 goals at North.

When Dempsey played his first game for North, he'd turned 30 over the off-season. Left as the captain and had won the 6th of his B&Fs in 77. Won the B&F at North in his first season in 79. We got a journeyman utility, an average hbf and a KPD who was next to useless. Wonder what Dempsey would get in today's trade landscape? His 5 full seasons at North were statistically superior to any he produced with us. Sadly, we were such a basket-case administratively at the end of 78 we gave up an all-time league great for a combined return from Cowton/Moylan/Williams of 66 games and 6 goals, while he played 122 games and kicked 39 goals at North.

What did we get for Bernie, Barry and Brian 😲

And just to rub icing on the turd, Cowton nicked off to the Swans before ending up back at North. We were right royally shafted. In today's terms, if Sam Power were to negotiate a trade like this, he'd be strung up by the goolies in Barkly Street and pelted with rotting aubergines.

Disturbing that people on here have labelled MD a liar for posting a little insight into what is going on inside the club. [Same comment that Bain has announced publicly.]
And no apologies when he has backed it up.

Mattdougie said:

I’ve just been told by a player on our list that played in our final loss that the club have emphatically told Essendon there is no way they will do a deal under any circumstances so don’t waste your time.

He has no word on Josh or Pickers approaching the club and saying he wants to move. Josh is still in Qld while a lot of the players got home Thursday and Friday.

Anyone who knows me here knows I don’t get along with MD at all, he’s been blocked by me for ages and I don’t read his posts.

However, I think the vitriol thrown towards him regarding his post regarding a contact at the club is nothing short of shameful and unfortunately shows the decline in both educated discussion and objective thought that seems prevalent here.

Let’s just get back to reviewing our list and trade options,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back