Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had 4 touches and 0 impact in the second game if that was the case they wouldve thrown him in the ruck and changed it up as it clearly wasnt working

Collingwood beat Geelong in the ruck duel pretty convincingly in the semi with Grundy and Cameron (36-19) vs Stanley and Blicavs.

Didnt really have the ability to push him into the ruck when they played 2 ruckman (wrongly in my view).

My theory regarding Cox and his ruckwork is that he's not too bad because he can anticipate when contact occurs. When hes forward and can get pushed under the ball it's cause he's blindsided. Whereas in the ruck you know exactly the point of impact whether that be in centre bounces/throw ins and ball ups.

I think he's more than competitive. Certainly he's better than most 2nd rucks competition wide in terms of the "ruck duel". We just don't see it often due to Grundy being a pure 100% ruck and Collingwood sometimes playing Cameron/Lynch as the secondary.

If we get him, we would have to have a couple pressure forwards in the team though. He's pretty bad defensively.

Collingwood beat Geelong in the ruck duel pretty convincingly in the semi with Grundy and Cameron (36-19) vs Stanley and Blicavs.

Didnt really have the ability to push him into the ruck when they played 2 ruckman (wrongly in my view).
If you have a confidence player not getting involved you put them in a situation around the ball e.g Bruce into the ruck we did that numerous times if they didnt do that once during the game and even though they were winning hitouts it clearly had little impact on the game why not try and get confidence into Cox and build his trade value as a ruckman

If we get him, we would have to have a couple pressure forwards in the team though. He's pretty bad defensively.

Yeah do agree. We can't keep loading up utility mids in there. Personally I'd play him 50/50 Ruck forward with English.

Might prevent English having the down patch he had this year when he was totally cooked for about 4 weeks.

I'd be interested to see whether the main key defender would remain on Naughton if 205cm + English/Cox was deep for the majority of the game. Defenders just gravitate towards blokes that size.

Last edited:
Riley beveridge on trade radio said he can’t see how Dunkley possibly gets done as picks would just get eaten up by JUH and Essendon don’t have any players that significantly improve us. Finally someone making sense.

But gee the Essendon supporter are out in force in Twitter and cannot understand why we wouldn’t accept picks because it helps us match a bid for JUH. They don’t seem to be able to contemplate that we get JUH anyway so would virtually be giving up Dunkley for a kid we will already get no matter what.
I know I have had to spell it out to them step by step. To be fair most of the media don’t understand either

I know Glaeken Oracle or Sentinel suggested we read recent posts before asking questions but ...

I last checked this thread late this morning, around 11:30. I just re-opened it and it has moved on 13 pages. That's over 300 posts.

Sorry, but I'm just not going to read them all. Life is too short.
Instead I'm going to respectfully ask if anything has actually happened today. Or is it just another 300+ spitball posts?

A one or two line summary would be wonderful if anyone cares to indulge me. Or even one word - "no" - if appropriate.
Thanks in anticipation.

I know Glaeken Oracle or Sentinel suggested we read recent posts before asking questions but ...

I last checked this thread late this morning, around 11:30. I just re-opened it and it has moved on 13 pages. That's over 300 posts.

Instead I'm going to respectfully ask if anything has actually happened today. Or is it just another 300+ spitball posts?

A one or two line summary would be wonderful if anyone cares to indulge me. Or even one word - "no" - if appropriate.
Thanks in anticipation.

You have missed nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton add Saad and Williams. Saints looking likely to add Higgins along with crouch in FA. Clubs around the dogs are looking to significantly improve over the last two years. The dogs are looking to add Hannan while arguably one of the top 5 players requests a trade to Essendon. What is honestly going on at the club?
I tell you what’s going on is that we are doing what Sam Power does and that’s going about it quietly

Btw if the Saints want to pay a fortune for an at best good midfielder who is consistently injured let them

And as for the blues they haven’t made finals for years so let’s wait and see

Thanks in anticipation.
Not much Dogsman still obsessed with Cox more terrible Dunkley trades and Higgins is going St Kilda leading according to journos they are saying he'd fit at us to hasnt nominated anyone

Pretty sure Sam Edmund did.

7news (I think) were the ones to run with it today.
My guess is we'd have a moderate cap squeeze (hence not being able to pay Dunkley what he wants), so it seems strange we'd be after a player a club is trying to offload for their own cap reasons.

I want to hear more about a Darcy Macpherson trade!!!!

Tackling machine.

Tom Browne said this morning on radio that he thinks Dunks has told Essendon he wants to come hut the dogs have said it isn’t happening so it will be a hard task for the Drug cheats to make it happen

So even the bloke who started all this sh*te is now backing away slightly.

Everyday there is more evidence this is a total media beat up but Pickers is taking advantage of it to get a better contract with us from Dunks.

Haha here we go boy!

You have missed nothing
Can I put you on a retainer to give me a nightly summary? ;)

It probably won't involve much drafting. I suspect you can just cut and paste the same reply most nights.

Very much so but look at the performances since 2016 - we're no mans land. Another off season is here & there is little to no connections to players who will significantly improve us in the positions we really need. Sure some shocks can pop up during trade period but more often than not the names out there by this point are basically all that gets done.

I'd be saying the same thing even if Dunkley wasn't being heavily linked to Essendon.

Silence isn't always a good thing.
We are not in no mans land

I want to hear more about a Darcy Macpherson trade!!!!

Tackling machine.

A month ago I posted in here saying we had been talking to him. Haven’t heard much more since then.

Cox is the best 50/50 ruck we would be able to get, treloar for cheap us a no brainer, Phillips is the smart get could be an awesome trade with Collingwood I reckon, I dont think we trade players out just cut some from the list

My guess is we'd have a moderate cap squeeze (hence not being able to pay Dunkley what he wants), so it seems strange we'd be after a player a club is trying to offload for their own cap reasons.

If were struggling with cap room, we are in big strife! English, Naughton yet to peak and Bont needing an extension.

Honest question.

Would anyone want Josh Bruce if we paid some of his salary?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back