Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be happy with a trade period of Hannan and Phillips and to then make a few positional changes on field.

B: Williams Keath Crozier
HB: Richards Cordy Daniel
C: B Smith Bont Hunter
HF: JJ Bruce Hannan
F: Wallis Naughton JUH
R: English, Macrae, Libba
int: Phillips, Dunkley, Vandermeer, Duryea

Ideally id like Daniel up the ground on the ball or half forward but I just don’t see how that’s possible when we need to give Dunkley minutes on ball desperately, as well as Libba.

Time for Wood, Lloyd and Suckers to be depth.

Hunter also ain’t playing inside mid. He’s a crap tackler and wastes our minutes with Dunkley even more.

I would look at Phillips and either Hannan or Ronke, while chasing Oscar Mcdonald to go down back. This would be ideal 22 for round 1 next year:

B: Williams Keath Cordy
HB: Crozier McDonald JJ
C: Phillips Bont MacRae
HF: Daniel Naughton Wallis
F: Dunkley JUH Ronke/Hannan
R: English Smith Libba
INT: Bruce VDM Duryea Hunter

Ideally, Bruce would act as second ruck, he isn't tall but he will crash in and be physical which is all you can ask.

Have three medium-tall defenders, Keath does not have to take their number 1 forward and can play on number 2 or 3 and float in to take intercept marks

EMG: West, Richards, Gardner, Weightman

Id go after Bailey Williams from West Coast with a 5 Year Deal.

If no good... then the Peter Wright Fwd/Ruck concept to split with Tim is our best play.

Some concerned on here about Wrights Ruck craft... but I say so what if he hasn't played Ruck and is a more natural forward... its a great starting point for Steven King to start with and is a very similar player to Tim.... get 2 of them in the team and away we go... Both are essentially 24 and 204... can mark and kick... we'll get 1 good ruckman between them... but a couple of clunking mark options with good disposal to boot.

That solves the Ruck dilemma and effectively pushes J.Bruce to back up/ emergency.

I am happy to park the Z Merrett recruitment idea for now... but I would happily swap JJ for him... if no go... then push JJ to the Wing and bloody keep him there... he is NOT a Back Flanker in my view. Must only play him outside Wing like a Brad Hill role.. and leave him... otherwise Trade... it is the best position he is suited to.

As far as Key Back... we need to replace a Cordy/Gardner playing the Full Back or Centre Half Back ....

I like Tom McDonald for this role the more I think about it...
That pushes Cordy/Gardner and even Wood to the fringes of selection based on march up etc...

Best 22 becomes:

B: Wood McDonald Williams
HB: Crozier Keath Daniel
C: Hunter Macrae JJ
HF: Dunkley Naughton VDM
F: Wallis Wright JUH
FOLL: English Bont Smith
I: Liberatore Lipinski Richards Duryea
E: Bruce Cordy West Butler

Backup: Lew Young, Lachie Young, Weightman, McLean, Garcia, Schache, Lloyd

Trade or Delist Evaluation:
Dale, Jong, Lloyd, Khamis, Green, Sweet, Porter, Cavarra, Gowers, Hayes, Lynch, R.Smith, Gardner, Hayes, Trengove

Retired: Dickson

Primary Trade Targets:
Peter Wright
Tom McDonald

Additional Potential Targets:
Sydney Stack
Cedric Cox
Lachie Fogarty

Long shot Targets worth a punt:
Bailey Williams (WCE)
Jack Gunstan
Zach Merrett

If we land Williams and Gunstan instead of Wright/McDonald... then

Best 22 becomes:

B: Wood Keath Williams
HB: Crozier Cordy Daniel
C: Hunter Macrae JJ
HF: Wallis Naughton VDM
F: English Gunstan JUH
FOLL: Williams Bont Smith
I: Liberatore Lipinski Richards Dunkley
E: Bruce Butler West Duryea

Seriously Gardiner is as good if not better than Oscar. he is 100% not what we need. VFL quality for mine

I like garnder as well and think he has improved a lot, but there's nothing wrong with having competition for spaces. Cordy goes down with an ankle for two weeks, you run with Keath, McDonald and Gardner in the team.
Always good to have back up, and we got exposed against tall forwards this year

I like garnder as well and think he has improved a lot, but there's nothing wrong with having competition for spaces. Cordy goes down with an ankle for two weeks, you run with Keath, McDonald and Gardner in the team.
Always good to have back up, and we got exposed against tall forwards this year
Yep I think he improved but he wasn’t coming of much of a base. The club have seen something in him and with continued improvement he could be the solution. This year could have been just the recipe for him

I would certainly look at Oscar as an upgrade over Gardner, can also go forward and swap with Naughton if need be as well!

What would you give up to get him though?
Are you confusing Oscar and Tom brothers taken with the identical draft pick. Oscar is a lock down defender and nothing more and would free up Alex Keath to play his more natural defensive role in essence Gardner would become a distant memory and we could persist with Naughton forward. Here is an estimation of
the best 22 after my trade butchery.

B: Bailey Williams, Oscar McDonald, Taylor Duryea.
HB: Hayden Crozier, Alex Keath, Lachie Young.
C: Lachie Hunter, Jackson Macrae, Tom Phillips.
HF: Jason Johannisen, Aaron Naughton, Laitham Vandermeer.
F: Tim English, Josh Bruce, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Foll: Jordon Sweet, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Smith.

I/C: Rhylee West, Riley Garcia, Ed Richards, Tom Liberatore.

Couple of new names, couple of regulars best not to ask where they were traded. ;)

I am
Are you confusing Oscar and Tom brothers taken with the identical draft pick. Oscar is a lock down defender and nothing more and would free up Alex Keath to play his more natural defensive role in essence Gardner would become a distant memory and we could persist with Naughton forward. Here is an estimation of

Couple of new names, couple of regulars best not to ask where they were traded. ;)
100% getting Tom and Oscar confused. Give me Tom not Oscar 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where is Caleb?!?

left field one: Would you ask questions about Ben Brown. With out fast paced game style he would thrive

No on Ben Brown and we may have secured Adelaide's first pick somehow, but i said i would not say even though i sort of just did. (Trade em high, Yee-hah)
Nah I ain’t trading Caleb. Unless it was for something ridiculous like Rowell and King from GC

Trading Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley and Patrick Lipinski I assume? I'm all for aggressive trading to improve your list, but geez that's ambitious, especially when it doesn't seem that we've brought in any serious quality, with Phillips being the only new player. What happened in your Daniel and Dunkley trades? Wouldn't want to be trading quality like that without some serious quality coming back in..

Trading Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley and Patrick Lipinski I assume? I'm all for aggressive trading to improve your list, but geez that's ambitious, especially when it doesn't seem that we've brought in any serious quality, with Phillips being the only new player. What happened in your Daniel and Dunkley trades? Wouldn't want to be trading quality like that without some serious quality coming back in..

Cordy, Wallis, Daniel, Lipinski and Dunkley traded for Oscar McDonald and a future third rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back