Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait for our exciting KPD recruit who will probably end up being Logan Austin who the Saints just delisted
Just find another club to bag it’s getting boring

'IF' Dunkley asks for a trade, will you let him go. I'm sure a few on here smashed us for not letting Daniher go last year... obviously trade has to be worthwhile for you guys (and gals)
Different situations. Dunks has two years left on his contract and is a professional and healthy. You guys don't satisfy us in a trade we keep him.
Daniher had a year left and was desperate to go. Had big currency before he sat out most of this year too. Should have maximized his value.

Personally if I was a Bomber supporter I'd be dirty at the club for throwing all these resources at Dunkley. He's a gun and worth it but it strikes me as the same issue you keep banging up against. You try to buy your way out of being shit. It just doesn't work. Draft and develop for once in your existence. This isn't the 80s.

Different situations. Dunks has two years left on his contract and is a professional and healthy. You guys don't satisfy us in a trade we keep him.
Daniher had a year left and was desperate to go. Had big currency before he sat out most of this year too. Should have maximized his value.

Personally if I was a Bomber supporter I'd be dirty at the club for throwing all these resources at Dunkley. He's a gun and worth it but it strikes me as the same issue you keep banging up against. You try to buy your way out of being sh*t. It just doesn't work. Draft and develop for once in your existence. This isn't the 80s.

They live in the world of their 16 cups and how big they are continually.

The collective ego is too big to do a normal rebuild so they will just go round in circles forever pretending they are the Mighty Sheedy Bombers

They live in the world of their 16 cups and how big they are continually.

The collective ego is too big to do a normal rebuild so they will just go round in circles forever pretending they are the Mighty Sheedy Bombers
If I didn't hate them so much I'd feel sorry for them.

'IF' Dunkley asks for a trade, will you let him go. I'm sure a few on here smashed us for not letting Daniher go last year... obviously trade has to be worthwhile for you guys (and gals)
Only if it’s good business and in the clubs best interest.

I think what essendon did with jd last year was good for the game and was I actually hoping they would hold him, but if I were an essendon supporter I would’ve smashed them for the shit list management of not trading in two top 10 picks for a perennially injured player.

I think the essendon list management last year was deplorable. It was clear at the back end of 19 a rebuild was required (even before we smacked them by 100 points). Therefor holding Jd and some of the elder statesman has probably stunted the teams growth.

I dont think we will get DUnkley - it makes ZERO sense he would want to come to us when we are about to bottom out.

but to think the deal would be Merrett + a future 1st is pretty laughable. Surely you see that?
I'm not sure what part of what's been said to you that you don't understand. Wish I had a crayon for you to understand it better.
We are not seeking out Merrett, your drug club is seeking to over pay for a contracted valued member of our side.

Are we expecting list details from the AFL to be announced Monday morning? Would assume so given the condensed off season we're about to have.

so let me get this straight.

You think Dunkley is worth Merrett + our 2021 First Rounder? I know i'm on board and all so ill try to be respectful, but I don't get it?

View attachment 993053
Supply and demand. All cars have four wheels, but some cost more money. An Audi is more desirable than a Volvo, an Audi costs more, even though they both have similar features like electric windows, cruise control etc. You really want an Audi, we don't really need a Volvo, so if you want to swap, you need to add stuff to the Volvo to convince us of giving up the Audi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so let me get this straight.

You think Dunkley is worth Merrett + our 2021 First Rounder? I know i'm on board and all so ill try to be respectful, but I don't get it?

View attachment 993053
To be fair, Dunkley is more important to us. Dunkley rucks, Merrett doesn't have a proven history of doing ruck work

Isn’t Brander a CHF/tall winger?
He is a KPP player being played out of position due to the fact they are so stacked with quality talls. Would absolutely have a crack at getting him across.
No shame in being behind McGovern, with opportunity I think he could really blossom into a good defender who can rebound effectively

I dont think we will get DUnkley - it makes ZERO sense he would want to come to us when we are about to bottom out.

but to think the deal would be Merrett + a future 1st is pretty laughable. Surely you see that?
You seem to be stuck on the idea of it needing to be a fair deal. Dogs don't need the deal, Bombers supposedly want it so intrinsically it is going to have to be unfair for us to consider it.
I understand your premise that Dunks and Merrett are similar but it isn't enough incentive to do a deal.
Surely you can rationalize that?

I think Tippa and a future first is around the mark for Dunkley (ducks head).

I’d be looking to flip the future first into either a key defender, another high level small forward or ruckman.

FB: crozier Keath Duryea
HB: Williams Naughton Richards
C: Daniel Macrae Hunter
HF: JUH English Vandermeer
FF: Wallis Bruce Tippa
R: Ruck Bonti Smith
IC: Libba, JJ, West, Lipinski

Naugton and Richards back. Wood makes way. Cordy too. We have plenty of aerial coverage with Naughton, Keath, crozier and Williams back there. 5 lefty’s coming out of defence. Like it.

Daniel and JJ share the wing and rotate through half-forward with Vandermeer. Time to use Daniel’s foot skills delivering inside 50. And both Caleb and JJ are good around goal.

English CHF and 2nd ruck.

Keep Bruce (hopefully back in AFL level shape) deep.

More speed in f50 with Tippa, Vandermeer and JUH.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d be looking to flip the future first into either a key defender, another high level small forward or ruckman.

Naugton and Richards back. Wood makes way. Cordy too. We have plenty of aerial coverage with Naughton, Keath, crozier and Williams back there. 5 lefty’s coming out of defence. Like it.

Daniel and JJ share the wing and rotate through half-forward with Vandermeer. Time to use Daniel’s foot skills delivering inside 50. And both Caleb and JJ are good around goal.

Good lord Fronk
That all but guarantees another 23 pages of discussing AMT being a down hill skier discussions and that we need massive overs for dunks.
Have you been taking lessons from Scrag
🤦🏼

Can you identify players that we would look to get with the future first round.
Whether they be ruck , key defender or high level small forward.
Would they be mature players with couple of years left?

Can you identify players that we would look to get with the future first round.
Whether they be ruck , key defender or high level small forward.
Would they be mature players with couple of years left?
I think Fronk has mentioned him before but I’d be going hard for Alex Pearce. His value would be tricky given his injury issues. If we could get him healthy he would be the perfect pairing for Keath in our backline.

Freo may be willing to part with him given Cox’s emergence and he may want a change of scenery after struggling with injury.

If a deal can be done, 100%. If players aren’t committed to the club, they should be moved on. As you say, Daniher the perfect example. Although Daniher probably wasn’t too unreasonable in asking for a trade as he’d had a decent crack, wasn’t getting the medical help he needed and probably wasn’t going to see any on field success for a while. Can understand why you tried to get him to stay.

would we be saying the same if Naughton received the same offer next year? Or Smith?
Exactly the point I made earlier. Dunks is down the pecking order at the Dogs. I love him but he is not as valuable as Bont, Macrae, Naughton or Bailey Smith... If Libba stays on the park you can add him to that group.
This whole situation brings into sharp focus the incredible talent we have at the Bulldogs. I really don’t want to lose Dunks but the reality is we can afford to for some serious draft picks. The question it raises for me is how the f&$k are we not going deep into finals every year with the players we have?!?!

6 & 15 and Z Merrett
Would give Power good material to work other deals
Go into the main board and Essendon’s board and the general consensus is Dunks is worth 2 x first round picks (including pick 6 in that). Now if that is what he is worth and he is contracted for 2 years and we need to be convinced to let him go then they need to offer more than that. So your suggestion isn’t that far off the mark albeit that Merret has just come out saying he is staying at Essendrugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back