Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like us to target Brodie Kemp from Carlton. I think he is going to be a very good 2nd KPD/CHB. He was drafted as a midfielder but keeps growing and is developing well, even in the dumpster fire that is Carltons (lack of) development program. He would be like a taller Williams and could in time handle bigger opponents.
He would be one of those buy low players and offering a better development program & opportunities for multiple flags, should be something to consider.

IF he was keen, I would be after him this year before he plays at AFL level and his price goes up.
Don’t think he’d be a ‘buy low’ player. Only 2 years removed from being a first round pick and only injury has stopped him getting on the park, mostly a serious injury that was known when he was drafted. I’m picking the asking price would be a pick around where he was drafted, so late first at least.

He’d actually be cheaper if he got on the park and did stuff all. Rightly or wrongly, first rounders with limited exposure due to injury still have that air of mystery and potential.

Don’t think he’d be a ‘buy low’ player. Only 2 years removed from being a first round pick and only injury has stopped him getting on the park, mostly a serious injury that was known when he was drafted. I’m picking the asking price would be a pick around where he was drafted, so late first at least.

He’d actually be cheaper if he got on the park and did stuff all. Rightly or wrongly, first rounders with limited exposure due to injury still have that air of mystery and potential.

IF he wants out the price goes down. IF he is happy to stay there, then yes a first rounder would be the cost.

There is a young man Vande….can’t spell his surname who plays for Footscray( no. 70) 200cm, left footer and plays in back line. I like what I’ve seen on tv and would speculate on putting him on list or at worst rookie him. I think Darcy + raak / vander? would do nicely. Raak to replace woody and vander to maybe be replace a retirement / delisting.
Vander Heuvel I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Carlisle isn't the worst suggestion.
No, but would be a very close neighbour.
Bevo ruled a line through him on character grounds before he was cooked physically.

5 suggestions and not one ruckman in that article. I think we can take that with a massive grain of salt

The fact they even bothered to mention Talia removes any credibility a list like this might have had.

Lienert would be a huge maybe if we got him absolutely dirt cheap, while Kelly I wouldn't mind, but again would want him cheap. Overall not the most inspiring list. It's like they forgot the ruck position exists

No, but would be a very close neighbour.
Bevo ruled a line through him on character grounds before he was cooked physically.

5 suggestions and not one ruckman in that article. I think we can take that with a massive grain of salt
Not sure any of the ruckman on offer are any good. I think Timmy is pretty much ready with another off season in the gym and another pre season working with Steph/Kingy. He hasnt been an utter liability in the ruck this year I think his work has been far better than we expected. I cant think of anyone that I want from another team other than Mcevoy. The rest are garbage (Ceglar, Sinclair etc)

He plays taller but than that but I agree we need someone around that height
Rather than anyone on that list, I would be keener on Van Der Heuvel or Glass-McCasker from Footscray.

VDH has looked good at times with Footscray and would surely benefit as a full time in an AFL system.

Glass-McCasker did have time at Carlton, but not many seem to develop there. He has shown great versatility at Footscray, forward, back and ruck.

Not sure any of the ruckman on offer are any good. I think Timmy is pretty much ready with another off season in the gym and another pre season working with Steph/Kingy. He hasnt been an utter liability in the ruck this year I think his work has been far better than we expected. I cant think of anyone that I want from another team other than Mcevoy. The rest are garbage (Ceglar, Sinclair etc)
Ladhams is the one for me. I know some character issues have been floated but I’m just about all in on him being our guy

Rather than anyone on that list, I would be keener on Van Der Heuvel or Glass-McCasker from Footscray.

VDH has looked good at times with Footscray and would surely benefit as a full time in an AFL system.

Glass-McCasker did have time at Carlton, but not many seem to develop there. He has shown great versatility at Footscray, forward, back and ruck.

If we had a mid season draft pick, I wonder if Van Der Heuvel would be on our list.

Yeah they're how I'd go if we were wanting key position depth. Most available players are either cooked, too expensive (money or trade requirements), undersized or unknowns. We might as well take a punt on a someone involved in our VFL team and see how either of the two go in our system as rookies ideally, if it works then awesome and if not then it wasn't a huge investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back