Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Cox told to look elsewhere.
He'd have to be Plan B or C if we can't find a ruck. I expect he'd probably be playing for us this weekend if he was on our list (ahead of Young as a ruck)

Would Cox pair well with Naughton in the forward line?

As depth if anything.

Hmmm he’s not great. He’d be ok for depth. I still think English is the man at FF. Now and long term if we land a proper ruck. Wouldn’t be surprised that once Darcy is ready, Naughton goes to CHB. That would leave a forward line of Darcy, Jamarra and English.

He'd have to be Plan B or C if we can't find a ruck. I expect he'd probably be playing for us this weekend if he was on our list (ahead of Young as a ruck)

yes on Cox for me, cheap and big upside, he doesn't work as a permanent forward, but as a ruck forward he's worth a shot, we'd have 2 giant ruck/ forwards rotating.

we'd still be weak in the ruck but not devastatingly so like now.

yes on Cox for me, cheap and big upside, he doesn't work as a permanent forward, but as a ruck forward he's worth a shot, we'd have 2 giant ruck/ forwards rotating.

we'd still be weak in the ruck but not devastatingly so like now.
Err - we'd have Tim English on the field and a less capable Tim English on the field. No thank you. I'd rather have Jordan Sweet on the field.

I think Cox would go alright at the Dogs. We move it much quicker than the Pies so he's more likely to get 1vs1 for him. He's a great kick at goal and a reasonable mark. He's not the best tap ruckman but has a few more Kilos to him to help half contests. If he brings the ball to ground in the fwd 50 that's a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cox would go alright at the Dogs. We move it much quicker than the Pies so he's more likely to get 1vs1 for him. He's a great kick at goal and a reasonable mark. He's not the best tap ruckman but has a few more Kilos to him to help half contests. If he brings the ball to ground in the fwd 50 that's a win.

Cox in our forward line will attract a defender 99/100 times which enables room for Naughton, JUH etc

Our forward line IMO does not have a personnel issue it has a system issue.

Sam Reid out of contract, 1 year deal to replace Bruce?

Sam Reid out of contract, 1 year deal to replace Bruce?
I'd ask if he want to play back. I do worry about his durability though.
Schlensong/Tom Lynch FAs may mean we don't even look to trade if we sign them both.

I'd expect we see him more of a ruck than a forward.

If we cannot land anyone else who could fit right in Cox is s no brainer. Is a better ruckman than English and has been sitting behind the best ruckman of the past few years in Grundy. Can play forward But is limited. Don’t expect much but he is better than what we have and would make us a better team.

Taylin Dumon delisted by Freo, know his name has been mentioned a few times. 193cm is good but only 83kgs, his body type isn't not going to suddenly whack on 5kg either.

I really haven’t seen enough of Cox in the ruck to judge any potential.
If he gets back to his 2018 form, he'd be next year's Hickey (well, a ruck/forward version, anyway).

This below vid of his 2018 highlights is long (very long), and only involves a handful of examples of him in the ruck, but his bodywork and ruck craft seems fine. Shows quite a bit of mongrel and arrogance too, which perhaps we're also missing a bit of.

Is he a free agent? For a two year deal for approx the average AFL wage, I'd have no dramas at all - I think he'd complement Engish well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back