Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we’ll regret losing Lipinski.
Good luck to the young man. Disappointing that Beveridge plays favourites.

Lipinski has had lots of opportunities. He just hasn’t performed better than other players on our list.

Good luck to him. I hope he gets to play many more games and does well at his new club.

I can’t see how we will regret letting him go.

Players are traded immediately after signing extensions. Rarely...but it happens.
Schache signed an extension a few months before we got him, but if it's measured in days - is there a precedent? I can't recall one off the top of my head.

Small forward He is 190cm
I'd be shocked if he is 6 foot 2 but regardless my point was he is a silky player and a good kick for goal. When he first broke into the side I would have pencilled in his future as a forward.

If Dunks left and never got Treloar he probably plays 20 games this year, natural squeeze him leaving which happens to all serious side pushing for contention. Look at Richmond, not one player who left during their dynasty has come back to bite them.

Think we’ll regret losing Lipinski.
Good luck to the young man. Disappointing that Beveridge plays favourites.
Lipinski will almost certainly go on to have a solid AFL career, I’m sure of it. That being said, he’s clearly not in our best 22 given the role and style of play he’s suited to so I don’t think anyone would begrudge him for getting better senior opportunities.

I'd be shocked if he is 6 foot 2 but regardless my point was he is a silky player and a good kick for goal. When he first broke into the side I would have pencilled in his future as a forward.

If Dunks left and never got Treloar he probably plays 20 games this year, natural squeeze him leaving which happens to all serious side pushing for contention. Look at Richmond, not one player who left during their dynasty has come back to bite them.
Dunks and Treloar spent half the season injured and we still didn't pick Lipinski

He will look like a star next season but as the other team improves he will move back to the fringe unless he decides he wants to stick a tackle or compete for a contested ball with more than a dangling arm.

Schache signed an extension a few months before we got him, but if it's measured in days - is there a precedent? I can't recall one off the top of my head.
Nope. I can't think of an example where someone is traded almost immediately following their contract extension....so you are probably safe in eliminating those from consideration.

Josh Schache, as I recall?
Yes, but as Mofra pointed out...there were several months between his contract extension and the trade. Recently contracted players are not in the same boat as Schache you could argue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would he replace in the side?
Dunkley, Vandermeer, Scott, Rourke, McNeil, or any number of underperforming players that seemingly get endless chances.

I ask the question had Lipinski been given the same run of games as someone like Gardner would he not have been better off? Instead he was banished never to be seen again. Disappointing but I guess we'll find out at his next club.

Shame about Lipinski, but the mid/fwd role at our club atm has a lot of applicants. We’re obviously trying to fill the couple of spots around the core mids with blokes with attributes that help our fwd pressure e.g. Hannan, Vandermeer, McNeil, Garcia and Scott. It’s left Lipinski and Wallis on the outer.

Not sure we’ll get much for him if he noms Collingwood, unless we can convince Lynch to move.

Dunkley, Vandermeer, Scott, Rourke, McNeil, or any number of underperforming players that seemingly get endless chances.

I ask the question had Lipinski been given the same run of games as someone like Gardner would he not have been better off? Instead he was banished never to be seen again. Disappointing but I guess we'll find out at his next club.
Gardner's competition was Cordy and Khamis, which as much as I want those guys to succeed is pretty meagre.
Lipinski's competition was half our list.

From Sam Landsberger's Q and A on Superfooty just now when asked about a Lipinski for Max Lynch trade.

"Not sure Max Lynch is ahead of Jordan Sweet to be honest, and Sweety can't get a game at the minute. So I can't see the appeal of that trade. Sam Darcy, too, is one they can plan ahead for. So any ruckman added now would have to be at peak of powers."

Gardner's competition was Cordy and Khamis, which as much as I want those guys to succeed is pretty meagre.

Got even harder for Lipinski this year when Daniel played mid Rds 17-20 when Treloar and Dunkley were out and demonstrated he could handle himself in there too.

From Sam Landsberger's Q and A on Superfooty just now when asked about a Lipinski for Max Lynch trade.

"Not sure Max Lynch is ahead of Jordan Sweet to be honest, and Sweety can't get a game at the minute. So I can't see the appeal of that trade. Sam Darcy, too, is one they can plan ahead for. So any ruckman added now would have to be at peak of powers."
Planning our ruck future on a teenager who played CHB for the Chargers (which many think is his best position) is a massive risk.
I'm very happy to take Darcy but want to trade for a ruckman as well.

And most of that list were poorer performers than him. Deserved more opportunity this year.

People can quote games played stats at me all they like but the management of Lipinski was embarrassing this year. He was thrown everywhere. Dropped randomly then brought back in as a sub then dropped again without any consistency that was afforded others who performed worse.

I'm not going to revolt about it but will call it as I see it. Beveridge has players who he favours over others. It is one of his weaknesses as a coach.

Got even harder for Lipinski this year when Daniel played mid Rds 17-20 when Treloar and Dunkley were out and demonstrated he could handle himself in there too.
I'm probably in the minority but if we had to make a call on Rhylee or Lippi I'd keep Rhylee. He's behind Lippi now but has the mongrel to make it

And most of that list were poorer performers than him. Deserved more opportunity this year.

People can quote games played stats at me all they like but the management of Lipinski was embarrassing this year. He was thrown everywhere. Dropped randomly then brought back in as a sub then dropped again without any consistency that was afforded others who performed worse.

I'm not going to revolt about it but will call it as I see it. Beveridge has players who he favours over others. It is one of his weaknesses as a coach.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Any high forward foot-soldier we've played simply has to be able to play a role and stick a tackle - McNeill, VDM, Garcia were notables. I see huge upside in VDM and Garcia. If Lippi can't do that he can't play there.

As a wingman he's the polar opposite of Roarke who is currently playing that defensive wing role. I actually think he could make a decent wingman at AFL level because he has the tank to cover ground and is a beautiful kick.

He's certainly not pushing out any of our first or second rotation mids.

If we're looking to free up list spots and gain draft capital Lippi is the ideal candidate. I hope he plays 200 games, I don't think it would happen with us.

best full forward ever.Strong, tough, great mark, accurate set shot. He kicked goals because there was no-one else at St Kilda that could!!

Not sure on your ridiculous statement about Lockett. He was in no way selfish, he just took responsibility to kick goals.
I saw him play and he was a genius
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back