Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a fan of trading Dunkley. But if Power said to them - if you want to get the job done then:

- we don’t want your top ten draft picks to replace a proven AA level player with some maybes but others might

- West Coast will need some aging superstars in Kennedy, Hurn and could provide Brander and Hickey and/or the points for JUH

- Richmond will want to bring in some high end young talent also - and could provide CCD or a Chol or even Nank - with Soldo that have 4 rucks. Higgins or Caddy and/or go hard for Balta (Don’t know much about Ben Miller as a replacement so this might be too hard). CCD, Higgins and Caddy would be interesting.

- Brisbane - Martin, Payne and extra points to clear JUH, Raak and Happy Meal.

What else would we consider?

Bookmark it. We will not be getting Adam Treloar. He will not be part of any Dunkley situation.
Don’t know whether many are lumping him into a Dunks deal. We’d make sure to seperate the transactions so we get maximum value for Dunks and pay a minimum price for Adz.

Bookmark it. We will not be getting Adam Treloar. He will not be part of any Dunkley situation.

Yeah I cannot see it happening at all. If Dunkley leaves then West gets a crack at the midfield and we invest in our forward or back lines, to which our midfield is already far superior.

From the interview he and his brother have been offered huge money that's that he knows he might not get it and won't get it tomorrow from us

Gardner will be signing a new contract, based on playing this year and the final it was too be expected but got told by people that know him personally he has been offered a new contract no idea of terms or length
🙃🙃 🥔

Don’t really care if people believe me or not but was told by people that personally know Gardner that he was offered a new contract, wasn’t surprising given how much beveridge played him and went into bat for him but thought I would offer what I was told. Don’t agree with it but it is what it is.

If Power stands his ground like we hope/expect (unless there's a juicy offer on the table for him), I cannot wait to see the many Essendon supporters who's heads start to wobble at the thought of Dodoro doing his best work this time of year immediately start to squeal at the audacity of a lowly club like the Bulldogs giving them the finger.

Imagine if they'd just drafted Dunkley when they had the chance instead of taking Parish and Francis with 5 and 6 (lol).

Don’t really care if people believe me or not but was told by people that personally know Gardner that he was offered a new contract, wasn’t surprising given how much beveridge played him and went into bat for him but thought I would offer what I was told. Don’t agree with it but it is what it is.
He has shown he is capable as depth. Have no issue keeping him on along as we have our sites set on someone taking over in the best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have to pay overs or Dunkley can get ****ed and stay for the next two years. He Gives the club shit for not being professional but look at how his handling all this. grow a pair and stop beating around the bush.

Treloar’s trade value has to be dropping by the day right?

Wants to stay in melbourne. Let’s go through it.

Richmond - surely don’t have the cap for him.
Geelong - ditto (unless they walked away from cameron).
St Kilda - just blew their wad on Crouch
Essendon - blowing their wad on Dunkley
North - complete rebuild.
Melbourne - maybe. I could see it.
Hawks - have said no
Carlton - blowing their wad on Williams and saad.

Is Richards straight up around the mark now??

He’s contracted though. So the club shouldn’t have to address any financial issues until it’s up.
The only reason they are is because Dunks is looking at taking more money elsewhere.
This is where I take issue. Any half decent bloke/player would wait until his contract is up before considering taking more cash elsewhere. Even then it would have to be considerably more, which is not really the case here.
Yeah I agree, but if it's another 250k a year on what we are paying who can blame him. He has won a flag so in his mind it's all about cashola now. Contracts mean nothing these days. Lets let him go, we hold all the cards and lets make them pay overs for him. No doubt he is hard at it and can rack it up in the midfield however I think we can cover him to be honest. He will have a good career at the bombers but for once we hold the cards and if we get this right it could set the club up for years to come.

one thing I would like to add is I honestly believe Bevo should be held partly responsible for playing him as an under sized ruckman.

Last edited:
Cannot believe the melts and the abuse to Dunks lol. He’s being offered large money and the chance for his brother to get re drafted (yes only essendon would do that). Doesn’t mean the dogs have to be bent over. I suggest you all go back 12 months and see Sam Power at work with Bruce and Keath. He’s a stubborn man. Players don’t just get traded because of money. Tough t***ies Josh. If he wasn’t getting a game and was annoyed about something - different story. I’m sure the club is aware where he’s at and now have to work out a few things! Either we up the offer or we have plans to get someone else in.
Can't believe the melts over abuse.

No one's even gone close to abusing JD. The closest was GAGF if you want to desert the club.

Saying you're not happy Jan is not abuse!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Can it really only be about money
I mean the bloke was wearing a $25 face mask 😷
You don’t do that if your cash strapped 🤷🏼

If you want to leave then just say it. “Yeah the rumours are true I hope we can get a deal done if not that’s okay too I’ll play out my contract”.
What benefit would that provide other than to temporarily satisfy (or not) some supporters for a few days? Provided the club knows what's happening, he doesn't need to say anything to the likes of Tom Browne.

Treloar’s trade value has to be dropping by the day right?

Wants to stay in melbourne. Let’s go through it.

Richmond - surely don’t have the cap for him.
Geelong - ditto (unless they walked away from cameron).
St Kilda - just blew their wad on Crouch
Essendon - blowing their wad on Dunkley
North - complete rebuild.
Melbourne - maybe. I could see it.
Hawks - have said no
Carlton - blowing their wad on Williams and saad.

Is Richards straight up around the mark now??

Great post. This is my way of liking it multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back