Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wound up the Mcrae BF trade machine

View attachment 1007338

*gets 6 & 7 for Dunkley
*trades 6 & 41 and Dale to Norf for 11 and 28
*trades 7 to Hawks for Gunston and 45 (Naughton to KPD)
*trades 14 and Richards to Collingwood for Stephenson and their first next year
*gets JUH with basically no points deficit using 11 & 28
*our 2021 first & Collingwood’s 2021 first ready for a Josh Kelly type big name free agent

Yeah I did something similar last year, who cares

On ya Sammy

That may come after the aforementioned pick 14 for later picks with the Crows and a "handshake" agreement. I hope Naughton enjoys playing defence because McDonald & JUH would be one hell of an enjoyable journey, watching them develop.
I haven’t seen McDonald but he must be a superstar if Naughton is being pushed back

If we do lose Dunkley, I wouldn't mind one of two options:
1) Trade up with the picks we get to take Logan McDonald, and move Naughton back into defence, or
2) Take future picks, then trade back into the draft to take Zach Reid. 200cm+ Key Defender who is agile, has good skills and is a fantastic read of the play. Would prefer him over DGB when you consider what our list needs are. He's basically what Ryan Gardner hopes to be in terms of the "upside" he has, so would fill Gardner's position

Always new we had dick supporters but after “listening to so many try hard clowns who are keyboard warriors.
Look forward to actually talking to real supporters who really no what it’s like to be happy to just not get beaten by 10 goals for 8 years.
Anyway deleting account look forward to catching up with a few off you at the games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From looks of Jackson Ross he's about the height of Gowers but can play taller with his leap. Has good vision and decent mobility. Will be ok as an utility player. Never got a debut and only 21 so fits the dogs reject prospects like hamling & gardner.
Ross is 193cm
Greene and Gowers were both 187cm
From the little ice seen of Ross at vfl level I've been a fan

I can't wait for the Treloar to the Dogs talk to stop. It was never, ever going to happen. It was a media pipe dream because it's the only way they could see the Dunkley trade happening. But then again I can see most of them being stupid enough to think we will trade Dunkley for points for JUH. It's going to be hilarious to watch Collingwood get stuck with Treloar because no team is dumb enough nor desperate enough to bail them out.

As for Dunkley, I've been saying for a few days now that the only reasonable trade is for two 2021 first rounders, at least one of which needs to be early. I'm certain that Dodoro will cough this up in the last ten minutes on Thursday after he realises that we aren't bluffing.

Adrian has been trying to overplay his hand from the start as he often does. "If the dogs don't come to the table soon we'll have to move on pretty quickly," I think was the quote. The reality is that while the price of two firsts is very steep and is overs for Dunkley he would prefer to pay that than miss out.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always new we had dick supporters but after “listening to so many try hard clowns who are keyboard warriors.
Look forward to actually talking to real supporters who really no what it’s like to be happy to just not get beaten by 10 goals for 8 years.
Anyway deleting account look forward to catching up with a few off you at the games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For someone with few posts that claims to be ITK you have to wonder why no one is believing your info.

Some word around that we're keen on Jackson Ross from the Hawks as a DFA

Not a bad option. I remember it was a bit of a surprise he chose AFL over tennis because there were some thoughts he could've been a really good tennis player. Played a lot of wing as a juniour and moved forward late. 2019, the year he kicked the second most goals in the VFL, he was 193 and 79kgs so he's still a very raw prospect. Beautiful kick around the ground and for goal.

Bit of an unknown but with his size and late transition to footy there might be something to work with. More importantly we can wait until after the draft for sign him. The extra list spot will help with points for JUH.

I’m not a club basher but my simple evaluative question is that if a trade for Dunkley occurs, does it leave the dogs in equal or better shape, or worse shape? If it’s the latter, members have the right to voice their disgust with the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Regardless of what happens there will be supporters expressing their disgust

Thought Gowers was about 190-194cm. Anyways he'll be worth it as a DFA.
Should really have gotten a game for the hawks last year, then this year they were giving games to draftees that were way under done could've done alot worse then give him game time. At worst he would strengthen our vfl forward line at best slot onto hff

Cool. Hannan, Martin and maybe some 2021 draft picks if Dunkley goes.

Sounds sh*te
So an experienced ruck we have been crying out for, a backup small forward with afl experience for peanuts and the number one draft pick AND potentially top level picks. For what it's worth my gut is dunks stays dodo is just too big or a flog and Power won't get bent over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back