Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine thinking a player who took 80 marks inside 50 (2nd to Hawkins with 83 and 11 more than 3rd) had no forward craft.

Also took 65 contested marks, 6 more than anyone else in the league - considering he takes probably half of those up the ground you could quite easily say he took roughly 50 uncontested marks inside 50. Scoring shots? 88, 4th in the league behind Hawkins, McKay & Charlie Cameron.

imagine thinking this bloke, at 21, had no forward craft and was a one trick pony. Honestly how ****ing dumb can ya be

Very dubious about giving Martin one more year. I think we'll get more of the same from him, if we're lucky. Two seasons in a row now he's been restricted by injuries. I believe if we have to rely on him as a mainstay ruck, we are sending signals of desperation.

Very dubious about giving Martin one more year. I think we'll get more of the same from him, if we're lucky. Two seasons in a row now he's been restricted by injuries. I believe if we have to rely on him as a mainstay ruck, we are sending signals of desperation.

You’d have to think it’ll be as a rookie in a more coaching capacity and if only all of our rucks break. That’s the only way to makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would prefer Stef Martin on the list to Hayes

I want Charlie Constable - purely because he was a dogs supporter and has a cool last name.

Would prefer Stef Martin on the list to Hayes

Seriously? Have you seen Hayes play in the last year or so? He’s no superstar but he is a decent ruck we could develop over time. There is a reason Ladhams is available and Hayes is recontacted by Port. Hayes is a definate upgrade on Sweet, whereas Martin will be lucky to play 5 games next year and would be better served on the rookie list as a ruck-coach. I think we’ll go Ceglar anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously? Have you seen Hayes play in the last year or so? He’s no superstar but he is a decent ruck we could develop over time. There is a reason Ladhams is available and Hayes is recontacted by Port. Hayes is a definate upgrade on Sweet, whereas Martin will be lucky to play 5 games next year and would be better served on the rookie list as a ruck-coach. I think we’ll go Ceglar anyway.
He means Will Hayes.

We really don’t need a lot of change whatsoever - anyone who thinks the grandfinalists need to make drastic change is crazy. We were in the top 2 teams of the year for what 22/25 weeks of the season?

I’m stoked Kings gone to be honest - our midfield is literally 50% better than the next best in the comp and whilst we win the midfield battle a lot that’s just down to talent. Im hoping a new midfield coach can get the boys working as a team. Obviously a ruckman is a big part of this too, surely Bev has realised he’s wrong now. He was ahead of the game in 2016, he was right. Ruckman weren’t important, so long as they could cover ground and have an impact around the ground your 3rd man up would make up for their lack of ability.

unfortunately that was short lived and right now ruckman are probably more important that they’ve ever been. The competition is so even every edge is super important yet we’re conceding first use, we’re conceding the ability to back ourselves in attacking positions. We’re starting off the back foot before the balls even in play ffs. If Bev hasn’t figured this out by now Then I dunno what to do.

Backlines fine, obviously an upgrade on Gardner would be great but it’s not a necessity. I’d love a good third tall the more I think about it. We have to phase Wood out. Schache to defence over preseason.

Forward line is extremely promising, Jamarra should play from round one alongside Naughty & Timmy.

people acting like how do we beat Melbourne next year, get a grip. They didn’t even make finals the year before they’re not some super force that can’t be stopped. Imagine what they thought at the end of 2020?

our forward line in particular has huge upside. Probably more upside than any team in the comp. Our number one key forward is a 21 year old whose rate of improvement exceeds that of any player in the comp. our 2nd KPF is a generational talent. Weightman is in the top 2 young small forwards in the league. Garcia & VDM are awesome grunt. English was the best 3rd forward utility in the comp for a couple of months and will get back there.

We have 3mids in Baz, Adzy and Bont who could realistically average 5 goals between them a game.

we have weapons everywhere, and now every been burnt. other teams should be terrified at the prospect of coming up against us next year

Realistically Gardner should be the third option (at best), so an upgrade is needed in there somewhere. He shouldn't be relied upon to be the second best tall defender on the list. This is what they should be targeting, not sure who is out there though.

Realistically Gardner should be the third option (at best), so an upgrade is needed in there somewhere. He shouldn't be relied upon to be the second best tall defender on the list. This is what they should be targeting, not sure who is out there though.
I agree, whilst I like the path Gards is on he's limited in his capabilities at the moment. Another tall defender who can take an intercept mark would be great, I was hoping Lewie Young would be that guys but not sure he'll make it as a back (I liked his ruck work later in the year). Maybe Buku could take the next step, he reads the ball well in flight and is a good user. Lets hope he can get his tank up to AFL level. Like others have said a ruck that can give our mids the confidence to get on the front foot is the missing link :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back