Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't actually mind this

I'd do it, but zero chance Collingwood would even entertain it. It would leave them with Pick 39 and Pick 41 to match Daicos. They're already miles behind on having enough points, the last thing they'd want to be doing is giving away more of them. More likely North got the Future 3rd and Collingwood kept 36

Where’s this from?
CATS AND DOGS LINKED TO LADHAMS

The Western Bulldogs and Geelong have been linked to Port Adelaide ruckman Peter Ladhams.

It comes after Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported last week the Power would consider dealing Ladhams during the trade period despite the 23-year old being contracted for next season.

The big man played 17 games for Port this season and has shown great promise as a ruckman, but remains its second-choice option behind Scott Lycett.

And Ralph now says that both the Dogs and Cats are aware he’s “gettable”.

“The Dogs have not escalated that conversation yet, but they’re only 48 hours apart from a Grand Final,
Ralph told Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight.

“It’s a conversation Geelong will have internally – whether it’s very low interest, with it’s going to escalate in the next couple of weeks so they might do a deal on it.

“They quite clearly need some ruck cover there... just watch this space on Geelong and Peter Ladhams.”

Ladhams has played 32 games since making his debut in 2019.

The Western Bulldogs and Geelong have been linked to Port Adelaide ruckman Peter Ladhams.

It comes after Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph reported last week the Power would consider dealing Ladhams during the trade period despite the 23-year old being contracted for next season.

The big man played 17 games for Port this season and has shown great promise as a ruckman, but remains its second-choice option behind Scott Lycett.

“The Dogs have not escalated that conversation yet, but they’re only 48 hours apart from a Grand Final,

“It’s a conversation Geelong will have internally – whether it’s very low interest, with it’s going to escalate in the next couple of weeks so they might do a deal on it.

“They quite clearly need some ruck cover there... just watch this space on Geelong and Peter Ladhams.”

Read that. Seems more opinion than fact though

Translated Power has heard the news on Ladhams and Ralph calls him interested.

I love getting some mail from some of the guys in the know. Even if their rumour doesn’t happen it’s great to get their insight. If someone does get mail and posts it, can we please not just respond: source, no chance or worse gave a crack at them cause you don’t like the suggestion. Generally they make it known it’s not their opinion. Last few years around this time it’s got nasty towards these dudes that drop info when they come across it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Goldstein want to come to us if he already has a lucrative contract for next year with Norf? We would have to match his big coin to get him here for probably one year only - he's 33. A couple of years ago this would have been a great move but that horse has bolted.
Any of the younger options mentioned in this thread are more cost effective and offer more development.

I love getting some mail from some of the guys in the know. Even if their rumour doesn’t happen it’s great to get their insight. If someone does get mail and posts it, can we please not just respond: source, no chance or worse gave a crack at them cause you don’t like the suggestion. Generally they make it known it’s not their opinion. Last few years around this time it’s got nasty towards these dudes that drop info when they come across it.
I get what you're saying, but asking for a source is not unreasonable as it gives context. Like above, Wizard made a comment about us having interest in Ladhams. By asking for a source, we learn it came from a generic Jon Ralph article, so we know not to put much stock into it. That's not me having a dig at Wizard at all, I'm grateful for them sharing info relevant to this thread - it's just also good to know where the bits of info are coming from.

The worst few posters known for abusing others who share info also just so happen to be suspended/cancelled now, so I don't think there should be much concern over posting any info people might have.

"I haven't got James Worpel in Hawthorn's best 18 at the moment."

- Matt Rendell

Um, OK. We'll take him then.

"I haven't got James Worpel in Hawthorn's best 18 at the moment."

- Matt Rendell

Um, OK. We'll take him then.
I genuinely can't believe they put Barrett and Rendell together in one show. You could not have picked a worse combination of football personalities. I'd take Cornes and Lyon any day of the week over those two.

I genuinely can't believe they put Barrett and Rendell together in one show. You could not have picked a worse combination of football personalities. I'd take Cornes and Lyon any day of the week over those two.

The tone of Rendell's voice would put an insomniac to sleep. Dull and boring.

A Hawks mate really rates Ceglar and thinks he'll suit us perfectly.

I've not watched him enough but it's good to get an opinion from someone who has.
His best is very good but the gap to his poor games is pretty big. Saying that he probably had his best patch of form towards the end of this season so maybe something has clicked.

Yeah I think Ceglar is a really solid, competitive ruck who can take a grab around the ground ok and isn't a liability as a tall forward. He should come reasonably cheap with Hawks having McEvoy and now Reeves coming through as a promising young ruck. He is a nice option for us and would have helped us in the finals quite a bit this year.

I wonder if we can swing a 3 way deal with Lipinski going to Collingwood, something to the Hawks and then Ceglar to us. It looks like it is going to be tough to get picks out of the Pies. Maybe we get a late pick out of it too, but not sure.

His best is very good but the gap to his poor games is pretty big. Saying that he probably had his best patch of form towards the end of this season so maybe something has clicked.
I feel he’s probably played more of his footy as a forward/2nd ruck whereas he’s definitely more suited to first ruck. He’d suit us really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back