Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats get Ceglar………Stanley could be our man, on the cheap. Would suit beverages style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused about how that works on draft night. If we match a bid, potentially most of our picks then get eaten up.

How do we get them back to fill vacant lost spots?
End of draft nothing stab in the dark picks or use them to upgrade rookies

Can anyone post the Herald Sun article that has just gone up in regards to Lipinski and maybe being pushed into the PSD?

Can anyone post the Herald Sun article that has just gone up in regards to Lipinski and maybe being pushed into the PSD?

It just seems to be them saying that the Bulldogs should accept whatever is offered because the Magpies can just walk Lipinski to the PSD. It's nothing

Voila:

AFL trade period day four: Live news and trades as they happen

Pat Lipinski’s Collingwood deal is far from done and the stalemate could force the young midfielder into the pre-season draft. Get the latest trade news.

Jon Ralph, Glenn McFarlane and Marc McGowan

10 min read

October 7, 2021 - 6:29PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

19 comments

Trade HQ

Don't miss out on the headlines from Trade HQ. Followed categories will be added to My News.

The Western Bulldogs and Collingwood continue to haggle over Patrick Lipinski’s price in a deal that has the Pies with the strong whip hand given their pre-season draft position.

The Dogs are keen for a single higher draft pick but Collingwood at this stage has offered up a combination of selections that would make up a similar points value.

Collingwood’s exact offer is not known but handing over picks 55 and 58 would have the same points value as giving the Dogs the earlier pick 43.

The Dogs are keen for the earlier pick even though they might eventually use those picks for their points value to secure father-son Sam Darcy.

Despite their three-season offer the Dogs did not have inside midfielder Lipinski in their finals squads and have dropped him six times over his short career.

TRADE TACKER: FOLLOW EVERY DEAL LIVE

It means if a deal could not be brokered he would be able to walk into the pre-season draft, where Collingwood has the No. 2 overall selection.

For that reason, despite the parties being some way apart a deal should eventually be struck to see Lipinski join Geelong’s Nathan Kreuger at the Holden Centre.

Lipinski was played on a wing at the Dogs but has claims as an inside midfielder given his brilliant VFL performances in that position this year.

The Pies now have a range of picks that will allow them to secure father-son Nick Daicos after brokering a deal for Geelong swingman Kreuger earlier in the week.

Seems like we are asking p43 whilst Collingwood are offering both p55 and p58.

Might drag on a bit but seems as though it will get sorted.

Even with the PSD threat, Lipinski for 43 is perfectly reasonable to want and expect. Collingwood appear to still have some sour grapes over the Treloar stuff which is expected. Most were saying 25-35 is Lipinski's value if say we had pick 2 in the PSD, 43 is still unders for a guy of Patty's talent and age, stop being pricks Collingwood :sweatsmile:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of the rucks left there's Sinclair if Ladhams goes to Swans. Frampton from Adelaide and maybe Naismith if confident the dogs can get him fit for the 2nd half of next season. Also Cox but I expect dogs hope he gets delisted.

Out of the rucks left there's Sinclair if Ladhams goes to Swans. Frampton from Adelaide and maybe Naismith if confident the dogs can get him fit for the 2nd half of next season. Also Cox but I expect dogs hope he gets delisted.
If those are our options, I think I'd honestly rather back in Sweet. Framptom is crap, Naismith and Sinclair are being being held together with tape and aren't much good in the first place. Cox as a DFA is probably a better option that the other 3, and it's hardly an exciting pick.

Last edited:
Voila:

Lipinski was played on a wing at the Dogs but has claims as an inside midfielder given his brilliant VFL performances in that position this year.

Given the above. I see nothing has changed since my days at Southbank when we would get complete baked before lunch.

cheech.gif

Voila:

Pat Lipinski’s Collingwood deal is far from done and the stalemate could force the young midfielder into the pre-season draft. Get the latest trade news.

10 min read

October 7, 2021 - 6:29PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

19 comments

Trade HQ

Don't miss out on the headlines from Trade HQ. Followed categories will be added to My News.

The Western Bulldogs and Collingwood continue to haggle over Patrick Lipinski’s price in a deal that has the Pies with the strong whip hand given their pre-season draft position.

The Dogs are keen for a single higher draft pick but Collingwood at this stage has offered up a combination of selections that would make up a similar points value.

Collingwood’s exact offer is not known but handing over picks 55 and 58 would have the same points value as giving the Dogs the earlier pick 43.

The Dogs are keen for the earlier pick even though they might eventually use those picks for their points value to secure father-son Sam Darcy.

Despite their three-season offer the Dogs did not have inside midfielder Lipinski in their finals squads and have dropped him six times over his short career.

TRADE TACKER: FOLLOW EVERY DEAL LIVE

It means if a deal could not be brokered he would be able to walk into the pre-season draft, where Collingwood has the No. 2 overall selection.

For that reason, despite the parties being some way apart a deal should eventually be struck to see Lipinski join Geelong’s Nathan Kreuger at the Holden Centre.

The Pies now have a range of picks that will allow them to secure father-son Nick Daicos after brokering a deal for Geelong swingman Kreuger earlier in the week.
What a pathetic article. Ralph talks about the parties being a long way apart on a deal, yet the deals being discuss have similar points value. I’d say that means they are very close to a deal and have a similar value over the player.

We had discussed pick 41 with them and were happy with that before cats offered to include the extra pick along with krueger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back