Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 15 and future first for Pick 29 and Dunkley.

I'd assume we try and get a fringe player and flick them 37 too
Keep pick 29 and offer our 3rd and 4th rounders. I'd rather a crack at a slider.
Might even wait a little bit to get late picks for Crozier and Hunter and offer those. I assume the Lobb deal falls through and Rowe may end up a token late pick/DFA

Happy for Josh that he's secured a good future for himself. He'll always be a bullgod that contributed in our flag tilt. important in last year's finals tagging while clearly not 100%.

He's maximising a career for himself despite not having a lot of creative talent with ball in hand.

I don't think this is a disaster as there was always going to be some level of list bleed. We need a fresh look, a bit more wheels and creativity outside of Bont, Libba, Daniel and Dale so I'm excited about what we can bring through in the draft to play 15 years with Naughton, Baz, JUH and Darcy.

I mean even after he wanted out, he still gave 100% every time he stepped on the field for us. Has seen out the contract and now wants to look elsewhere which is his right

Premiership player, I don't have a bad word to say about him.

If only we had less ostriches at the club
Absolutely this. Dunks kept putting in the hard yards. Thanks for the service and good luck to him.

im going to say we get pick 15 and Brisbane 1st round next year.

We give them pick 37 and find another pick around 40.

Brisbane lose around 250 points in this draft and there 1st next year.

Might not be what we all went but that is the best we can expect

The move has to be for family and not brand reasons.

If ever there was a place to be an anonymous AFL player, it's Brisbane.

That’s a terrible trade for us lmao, lose Dunks to upgrade 2x 2nd rounders to late firsts?
+ change. It is unders but any trade for an uncontracted player will be.

Anyway, the point was the framework. By benefiting them with points we can get more value.

This is never the case. Clubs aren’t going to trade out good players to get points, they’ll just go into deficit.
I wouldn't say never, this is also a pretty rare case they are landing a big fish like Dunkley and also the likely #1 pick, so there is a lot coming in to the club. And also not saying they will have to lose locked in best 22 players like Mccluggage or anything, just some depth players with value they may need to / look to cash in on.

The move has to be for family and not brand reasons.

If ever there was a place to be an anonymous AFL player, it's Brisbane.
6 year contract. I doubt we were willing to go above 4 or 5 considering other deals given out.

They level of security would be hard to turn down, especially from a team that's consistently in finals

Brisbane’s list have clear definitions of untouchables (Cameron, McCluggage etc), the no-go’s (Zorko, Lyons etc) and then unproven talent that would be asking a lot of (Lohmann, Robertson etc).

Just see what picks we can sort out and then on-trade them for what we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is our one chance to rebalance our completely imbalanced list to load up for another shot at a flag.

I hope we’ve got some plans in place behind the scenes with some targets in mind if this situation arose. Dunkley is a great loss as a player but the impact will be more felt in 2-3 years time. Our midfield will be fine in the immediate future.

Will he attend the bnf night still?
I hope so. I don’t want to be a club that treats players badly on their way out regardless of how things end.

Look at how Adelaide and Port have treated Dangerfield and Karl Amon on their exits. Nothing but respect and thanks.

Just get the best deal and beat the lions next year.

im going to say we get pick 15 and Brisbane 1st round next year.

We give them pick 37 and find another pick around 40.

Brisbane lose around 250 points in this draft and there 1st next year.

Might not be what we all went but that is the best we can expect
why TF would we give them picks......
Im glad you're not the list manager

I wouldn't say never, this is also a pretty rare case they are landing a big fish like Dunkley and also the likely #1 pick, so there is a lot coming in to the club. And also not saying they will have to lose locked in best 22 players like Mccluggage or anything, just some depth players with value they may need to / look to cash in on.
For what reason specifically would they need to move on a player like Robertson or Lohmann? Cap space? Draft points? that’s a no on both counts.

This is our one chance to rebalance our completely imbalanced list to load up for another shot at a flag.

I hope we’ve got some plans in place behind the scenes with some targets in mind if this situation arose. Dunkley is a great loss as a player but the impact will be more felt in 2-3 years time. Our midfield will be fine in the immediate future.

Today Dunkley is a loss until we find out what we get and how it fits in with our plans to rebalance the list.

Yes we lose a contested ball beast but we also lose a butcher of the ball

Brisbane’s list have clear definitions of untouchables (Cameron, McCluggage etc), the no-go’s (Zorko, Lyons etc) and then unproven talent that would be asking a lot of (Lohmann, Robertson etc).

Just see what picks we can sort out and then on-trade them for what we need.
Harris Andrews or nothing, throw in Starcovic as the steak knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back