Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can somehow get pick 7 & 15 in the dunks trade imagine if we could do Hunter 13 & 15 to North for Pick 1

Ambitious but damn it would be good
7, 13 and Hunter would probably be considered but doubt 13, 15 and Hunter gets it done. Nonetheless, if we got our hands on 7, I think I would prefer 7 and 13 over 1.

For those watching the draft, how good is pick 2 (seeming though Brisbane match pick 1) likely to be?

Not sure he would give up the 750k that his contract is apparently worth.
I get it that he wants out, but sitting out a year is not a great choice for a 30yr old.
If he does sit, there's no guarantee that the interest in him will be there
Freo fans reckon his contract was front loaded so the $750k is long gone. I agree he still won’t sit a year out though.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on this board. If we get pick 7 for Dunkley I wouldn't be expecting much more.
Probably, but I'd really be pushing for their 2023 first rounder too. It's likely to be late, worth less to them due to a potential points deficit, and we hand back a bunch of 2022 picks to help their bids.

Probably, but I'd really be pushing for their 2023 first rounder too. It's likely to be late, worth less to them due to a potential points deficit, and we hand back a bunch of 2022 picks to help their bids.

I think they will drop down the ladder a bit. Lack of injuries have been a blessing for them, so I can see them missing finals.

Next year is a better crop of players too. Although I would prefer getting 12 months into pick 15 than waiting 12 months for a pick 8-12.

Hunter is the real head scratcher for mine.

Will anyone take him? He's a bloody good player and was a good leader.

Big salary and risks, but he came back at the end of the year and did well.

I think they will drop down the ladder a bit. Lack of injuries have been a blessing for them, so I can see them missing finals.

Next year is a better crop of players too. Although I would prefer getting 12 months into pick 15 than waiting 12 months for a pick 8-12.
Can see them dropping a bit ( finals belting can do that), but missing finals probably a stretch given their games at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Report on The Age saying GWS have agreed to trade Taranto for 12 & 19 and a shuffle of later picks.

Then goes on to say Brisbane are offering only their future 1st for Dunkley.

Cal Twomey also saying the Lions are offering 15 to other clubs for a range of 2nd rounders.

Hope Power can work his magic but it looks like the Lions could be a difficult trading partner.

Report on The Age saying GWS have agreed to trade Taranto for 12 & 19 and a shuffle of later picks.

Cal Twomey also saying the Lions are offering 15 to other clubs for a range of 2nd rounders.

Hope Power can work his magic but it looks like the Lions could be a difficult trading partner.
That's a dog shit deal.

Hope Dunks is happy with Norf then, Power should walk out of the room if that’s their first offer. Would genuinely rather nothing

Yep. Think we better hope they get an end of 1st round compo pick for McStay to add to their future 1st
Also dog shit, we shouldn’t be accepting less than GWS for Taranto.

If they don’t want to play ball then don’t play, simple. What leverage do they have to offer up that shit and except us to take it? Literally zero

Why are Richmond horrendously over-paying?

The likely outcome, which I dont think is a good one, is we want 2 x 1st. They offer 1 x 1st.
We settle for 1 x 1st and a 2nd rounder
I think that's the reality. We should expect that the future 2nd is an upgraded one because if not, it could be close to 40 depending on where Brisbane finish next year and that's certainly not a good outcome.

All those saying Brisbane are good to deal with have no idea.

I said they'd offer dogshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back