Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just what we need!
You young people have it so easy. In decades past ( yes decades not years) we few supporters , we happy few, bemoaned our lack of talls. Year after year after year. Now we apparently have so many you are complaining about ones that we haven’t even got yet. It’s a luxury I tells ya, pure luxury.

The thing about KPPs is that if for any reason they can't fit in the team, then they can be traded, and if they're any good, then the trade comes with a premium.

While we have access to these young talents, we need to take them, and then if the need arises, cash in later through trades. Use those picks to fill holes as they arise.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's probably the one available defender in the AFL system that's worse than Ryan Gardner. What's the point.
Gardner is our best KPD right now, and Tomlinson is an upgrade on O'Brien.

If only Doedee had stayed fit...

We really need an intercept marking defender. I hope Buss gets a taste before the end of this year to see if he'll be ready for a few games next year.

We really need an intercept marking defender. I hope Buss gets a taste before the end of this year to see if he'll be ready for a few games next year.
Tomlinson is also better with ball in hand than our current three.

In what universe is Gardner our best KPD.
Keath is light years better as a defender and Gardner is as bad with ball in hand.

Saying Tomlinson is an upgrade on O'Brien is damning. They're both terrible.

In what universe is Gardner our best KPD.
Keath is light years better as a defender and Gardner is as bad with ball in hand.

Saying Tomlinson is an upgrade on O'Brien is damning. They're both terrible.
On current form, Gardner actually defends better than Keath, including positioning and closing speed.
Gardner suffers from poor early games. Footballers often spend their career shaking reputations from their first couple of years - see the commentary on Gia being 'soft' even in his later years.

Tomlinson isn't great, but still an upgrade on TOB. He had actually played more serviceable games than TOB had over the journey too.
I suspect Smiley Boy's info is correct based on record.

All are nowhere near good enough.
Bruce takes ages to make a decision with ball in hand. Gardner is slow with it too, but not as bad. I think playing both at the same time is just asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back