Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our one chance to rebalance our completely imbalanced list to load up for another shot at a flag.

I hope we’ve got some plans in place behind the scenes with some targets in mind if this situation arose. Dunkley is a great loss as a player but the impact will be more felt in 2-3 years time. Our midfield will be fine in the immediate future.
The issue is that KPD is a desperate need yet the market for decent KPDs is thin.
We're taking a punt that Jones comes back and makes an impact but even if he does it may just be a one year proposition. When it goes wrong for athletic KPDs, it goes very wrong (see Keath battling niggles this year)

The issue is that KPD is a desperate need yet the market for decent KPDs is thin.
We're taking a punt that Jones comes back and makes an impact but even if he does it may just be a one year proposition. When it goes wrong for athletic KPDs, it goes very wrong (see Keath battling niggles this year)

Extra picks could allow us to trade up to Busslinger?

Other than that, it’s slim pickings if we can’t talk a gun into leaving their club.

I’m sure the club has known for a while and is planning already behind the scenes. As long as we turn this into a positive, to better the list, then I’m happy. We should have no issues next season with a steady midfield and not needing to squeeze guys in.
Much like how the club has known about our shitty assistant coach situation for a while and has got on the front foot...oh wait.

I'd be trying to make a very late big play at Logue. Offer him $600k a year and the opportunity to be our number 1 key defender.

Better yet, let's make a heavy play at Acres and try and bring in a package of Lobb, Logue & Acres. Spend $1.4 million on those 3 players (Replacing Dunkley, Hunter, Crozier in salary) in positions we need and give Freo pick 11 + 27 + change. We'd still have whatever we receive from Dunkley trade to take to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver lining, we rebalance our side, opportunities to draft a gun midfielder (look how quick Bailey Smith came on) to replenish our ageing midfield, assets to get a key defender and also draft one.

I am disappointed in Dunks, but I hope the club takes a good hard look at itself as to the reasons why he wanted out.

Dunks has always given his all on field and will always be a premiership player. No point abusing him, let’s just move on and turn this to our advantage.

$700-$750k a year for 6 years. It’s not a godfather offer. I doubt we were under the 650-700 mark.

Which means he’s going for a fresh start / or he’s disgruntled about something IMO. Yes he tried to leave a couple years ago and the reasons were clear back then. Yes, everyone is hating on him now, but I’d still like to know the reasons why this time around as I was sure things had changed in his mind in the last two years.

It’s been a stinker season and questions need to be asked whether you like him or not.

I'd be trying to make a very late big play at Logue. Offer him $600k a year and the opportunity to be our number 1 key defender.

Better yet, let's make a heavy play at Acres and try and bring in a package of Lobb, Logue & Acres. Spend $1.4 million on those 3 players (Replacing Dunkley, Hunter, Crozier in salary) in positions we need and give Freo pick 11 + 27 + change. We'd still have whatever we receive from Dunkley trade to take to the draft.
Logue is an amazing athlete but doesn't have the football IQ to be a no 1 defender.

Do we try a mini rebuild from here?
No, we're already in a mini rebuild. We've added elite prospects in the past couple of years whilst winning football games. We just to use this opportunity to fill the gaps on our list with the draft capital and salary cap room we now should have.

haha.

So they are going to give us there 1st this year and next and not get Ashcroft ok then.
We hold all the cards, if they want him they will have to give up what he is worth. They need to decided on Dunkley or Ashcroft. Otherwise, trade him somewhere else.

Dogs need to take inspiration from Real Madrid, biggest football club in the world, "No body is bigger than the club, players come and go, but the club is always there"

We hold all the cards, if they want him they will have to give up what he is worth. They need to decided on Dunkley or Ashcroft. Otherwise, trade him somewhere else.

Dogs need to take inspiration from Real Madrid, biggest football club in the world, "No body is bigger than the club, players come and go, but the club is always there"
AFL don't work like that. We don't hold any cards here.

Only cards we hold are not dealing and he goes PSD draft and we get nothing.

My trade values him at around pick 10-11 which i would say is slight unders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back