Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s angry that you guys don’t have a coach. Understandable as it’s an horrendous position to be in. Likeley to be 12 mths plus before it’s resolved.

Who are the assistant coaches at the lions that can take the reigns in the interim?
Mitch Hahn!

He’s angry that you guys don’t have a coach. Understandable as it’s an horrendous position to be in. Likeley to be 12 mths plus before it’s resolved.

Who are the assistant coaches at the lions that can take the reigns in the interim?
You think? I reckon it will be done by mid Jan.

As for the stand in if it goes that way and blows out I'm not too sure. You don't really get much coverage on which assistants are the next one here like you do down in melb so it's hard to really tell

Do people not realise there’s an entire Draft and Trade board for all clubs’ supporters to speak in? How dense can people be, even the thread title says "opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting" but I guess that’s too difficult for some

Edit: Can confirm I’m not talking about fatcat

Last edited:

Do people not realise there’s an entire Draft and Trade board for all clubs’ supporters to speak in? How dense can people be, even the thread title says "opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting" but I guess that’s too difficult for some
The main draft thread has devolved into a cesspool, as is tradition. I get why some people would rather try discuss on our board (fatcat). If you mean the other guy, it's pretty clear it was a failed attempt at trolling so rules are meaningless to them

Gunston is better than McStay. Ashcroft is the clear #1 draft pick and Fletcher is a top 20 pick. Dunkley is cream.
Lions have more high end academy and F/S picks lined up over the next couple of years. I think they are more than comfortable with however it plays out.
If Dunkley walks to PSD then Dogs just loose the B&F winner for nothing.
It will send a very clear message to other players that Brisbane can’t deliver on their promise to trade in a player. If you look at Essendon who tried the same crap on us, and how players including Dunkley ignore their contract offers now.

You are still a small club, heavily propped up financially by the AFL, in the middle of NRL territory. Getting lucky with a cheating timekeeper last year got you top four, and a bad umpiring decision got you over the line over Richmond and a cooked Melbourne this year.

An ageing Gunston and a couple of green kids is not going to cover the gap between Brisbane and the top teams. If your window is now you need experienced finals players who have played off in grand finals, I.e. Dunkley.

If you are looking to your academy kids, the rules have changed, you can’t take them until after pick 20, otherwise they go into the draft. If you are looking at them and your f/s it tells me you are ready to rebuilds.

I see West as a better option for Dunkley’s role. He is faster, as good hands, more creative with the ball BUT he has less endurance and can’t tackle as well due to not being as strong.

West in the central midfield to me is more dangerous than Dunkley…. But perhaps I am on my own in that view.
No not on your own

I don’t get obsession with “sending a message”. The only people I hear saying sending a message is important are fans. The next player that wants to leave the dogs won’t give a s**t about some imaginary message Sam sent this year. Having an extra 1st round draft pick next year is far more important.
You're just not getting it so it's not worth explaining it for the millionth time.

I think that point is that if it happens players and their managers will know it's not a certainty they'll just walk to wherever they want to go.
Again, that’s complete bullshit. Do you honestly think, for example, if Bailey Smith wants to go, him and his manger will say “well, we were gonna nominate Hawthorn, but because the Bulldogs let Josh Dunkley walk to the Draft, we’ll instead stay at the Bulldogs for the rest of Bailey’s career”. If a player wants to leave, he will leave. Not once will they think about the time the Josh Dunkley trade didn’t go through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, that’s complete bullshit. Do you honestly think, for example, if Bailey Smith wants to go, him and his manger will say “well, we were gonna nominate Hawthorn, but because the Bulldogs let Josh Dunkley walk to the Draft, we’ll instead stay at the Bulldogs for the rest of Bailey’s career”. If a player wants to leave, he will leave. Not once will they think about the time the Josh Dunkley trade didn’t go through.

No but they might say to Hawthorn if we nominate you make sure you don’t stuff this up, we don’t want to end up in the draft. It may also factor into the timing of trade requests too, e.g. don’t do it in a year when the team you want to nominate has other priorities or limited assets.

Dahlhaus a Bulldog again.

A big signing from Point Cook tonight, with Western Bulldogs premiership star Luke Dahlhaus joining the club and reuniting with his old team mate Clay Smith.

#westisbest

It will send a very clear message to other players that Brisbane can’t deliver on their promise to trade in a player. If you look at Essendon who tried the same crap on us, and how players including Dunkley ignore their contract offers now.

You are still a small club, heavily propped up financially by the AFL, in the middle of NRL territory. Getting lucky with a cheating timekeeper last year got you top four, and a bad umpiring decision got you over the line over Richmond and a cooked Melbourne this year.

An ageing Gunston and a couple of green kids is not going to cover the gap between Brisbane and the top teams. If your window is now you need experienced finals players who have played off in grand finals, I.e. Dunkley.

If you are looking to your academy kids, the rules have changed, you can’t take them until after pick 20, otherwise they go into the draft. If you are looking at them and your f/s it tells me you are ready to rebuilds.
Just on the academy part the rule around not being able to match bids before a certain pick only applies to nga academies. The 4 northern academies still come under the same rules as father sons fyi. It's why gc will try to load up on points next year as they could very well have two academy first round picks

It’s interesting getting trolled by supporters who’s teams biggest achievement over the last 15 years is getting smashed in a prelim
I would have thought it was somehow trading Dayne beams back to Collingwood for a decent pick haul and laying the foundations for their salary cap issues that delivered you Treloar. You're welcome 😉

I think today we just squeeze enough out of Brisbane to avoid sending Dunkley to the draft, and we pay overs for Lobb.

Maybe not a great result but the one thing I've learnt on all my years on Bigfooty is that there isn't much of a correlation between winning trade week and actual winning.

Our fortunes in the current premiership window hinge on so much more than what pick we manage to extract from Brisbane this evening.

Hawks fans think Chad Wingard is now gettable.
Late bid for a late pick shit and giggles?
Probably suits us better than another mid with Dunkley leaving, if Chad is willing to play mostly forward.

Late bid for a late pick s**t and giggles?
Probably suits us better than another mid with Dunkley leaving, if Chad is willing to play mostly forward.
Hawks seem to let their experienced guys go very cheap. He could definitely play a role if the price was right

Hard not think the bombers were close to giving us 2 first rounders for Dunkley. We would have been in a much better position now with those picks and Lipinski would have stayed. Oh well as they say if your Aunty had ba.. she would be your uncle.

Late bid for a late pick s**t and giggles?

Only genuine interest for me today is to see if we’re involved in anything outside of Dunkley & Lobb, so this is in my wheelhouse.

I’d be all for Wingard, forward line would look unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back