Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAVOURITE FOR JAEGER O’MEARA EMERGES

Greater Western Sydney accepts Jaeger O’Meara is more likely to choose Fremantle as his club of choice as Rory Lobb’s potential trade hangs on the Dockers securing the Hawthorn midfielder.

O’Meara is in West Australia on a fact-finding mission, having decided to leave Hawthorn but still tossing up whether to move to GWS or Fremantle.

GWS would need to have Hawthorn pay some of his salary to be able to fit him in the cap, and has pitched a role with leadership and some midfield time.

O’Meara and his partner are both from West Australia and the Giants believe the Dockers are firm favourites to lure his services.

But the Herald Sun understands the Lobb trade depends upon the Dockers securing O’Meara.

If they lose out on O’Meara they will still consider trying to retain Lobb despite offers from the Dogs including pick 30 and next year’s second-rounder.

The Dockers still believe there are ways to secure Gold Coast wingman Jeremy Sharp without having to secure the Dogs’ future second-rounder in the deal.

They are trying to come up with ways to separate the Sharp deal from the Dunkley and Lobb deals as a fallback in case those deals all fall over.

Ideally the Dockers would secure another future second-round selection for the Sharp deal but there is still a level of confidence he will find his way to Fremantle.

Anyone who has played poker knows that you occasionally have to follow through on your bluffs. If you give up on your bluffs after the first call, every time, then your opponents learn to exploit it. Every now and then you need to push all of your chips into the middle with a garbage hand to stop yourself from being predictable and so that your opponents know that you're capable of doing so. Even if you lose that particular hand, the ROI is positive in the long run because it makes you harder to play against.

download (4).jpeg

Hi Guys
Thoughts on this proposed trade considering we are in premiership contention.

Trade Dunkley and Pick 39 for Pick 21, Future First and Second.

Trade our Future Second and Pick 30 for Rory Lobb

Trade pick 21 and a future first for Chad Wingard considering Hawthorn are having a fire sale

Head into the draft with pick 11
Lobb, Jones and Wingard though trade

I would rather us get something for Dunkley rather than send him to the PSD.

Surely if Dunks had to choose between PSD and signing on with us again he'd choose us??

F@$& no. Could you imagine reliving his cooking shows and podcasts and love fest with Adz all over again. And then counting down the sleeps till the next offseason and trade period???

Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hi Guys

Trade pick 21 and a future first for Chad Wingard considering Hawthorn are having a fire sale

21 and 1st rounder for Wingard? Maybe if we were still living in 2017.

Hi Guys

Offering that for Wingard is so far beyond what he’s worth. Really you are suggesting he’s got as much value as Dunkley.

That’s a great move. Why not?

Too slow at present, needs to drop 5-10kg over the summer he wont be able to run with the athletic forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Peter Bell now saying they will retain Lobb unless they get JOM?
He said similar last week with a different player.

Big peanut.
Seems intentional wording from him. They were always going to let Lobb go, he just wanted to posture a bit to ensure they didn't get ripped off in the trade. This is another baby step towards eventually releasing Lobb despite the strong wording they had in the early days. They must be confident in recruiting JOM, and are preparing Freo fans for the news that he's gone, despite them saying he wasn't going anywhere.

Starting a petition to shoot anyone actually suggesting Bruce plays in defence ever again, his manager included.

****. No.

He wasn’t that good as a defender when he has played there and he kicked 50+ goals prior to his ACL.

Hi Guys

I would like to keep 39, purely as a FU to Brisbane, but if thats the last resort, I'd do and think the club would also.

Overs for Wingard.

Left field, Schache to Melb for Tomlinson wouldn't be too bad. We would bolster defensive stocks, and they are asking about Schache. Tomlinson could also push up the ground.

Ralphy now going with Freo considering holding Lobb if they miss out on Omeara. Why’s he hating the dogs today?

Ralphy like most in the media have to say something to substantiate their job.

Starting a petition to shoot anyone actually suggesting Bruce plays in defence ever again, his manager included.

*. No.

He wasn’t that good as a defender when he has played there and he kicked 50+ goals prior to his ACL.
He wasn’t that good a player at all when he played there tbf, it was 10 years ago in an absolutely putrid expansion side.

Let’s be honest he probably won’t kick near 50 goals again and doesn’t really fit forward if Lobb comes in and we want games into Marra, so I’m fine with him as back up but there’s no reason not to try him back when there’s a spot there to be take

Can someone please tell me whether the Wingard talk is based on anything at all or just another name plucked from somewhere with zero basis for anything?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back