Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that Lobb was drafted as a 21 year old and not a 18/19 year old. Age less of an issue for players in their 30's like that (Isaac Smith just won a Norm Smith at 33 only 11 years after he was drafted). I think he's still got 4-5 years of productive footy left despite his age.
I'm think 2 is enough - Sam Darcy will be ready for 22 games + finals by then.
Any more than 2 is just a bonus

Pick 30 and a future 2nd for a 29 year old Lobb is overs.

In 3 years time I’m sure we lose this trade, very short term thinking.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was always going to be a stop gap to get Darcy up and running. That's it. No one rates Sweet around here. Only need one good year out of him and then he becomes depth

Not unhappy with the trade outcome and I think this is a good day for our near future.

But there is a fair bit of sadness for me when Dunkley, Hunter and Cordy, 3 Bullgods with a lot of footy left in them, effectively leave on one day. It will always be hard to see them in other jumpers.

Decent trade period, not amazing but happy enough with that. I think we've reached par which is commendable given a bad hand to begin with. A whole lot of experience out the door.

Can't 'win trade period' every year - the bar was set pretty high the last 2 years with Treloar and the Darcy/JUH pick swaps.

So we end the offseason trade period with Lobb, Jones, Pick 11, 21 and 39 all in our possession. I'm happy with that. We could still bring in the other second round pick next year into this years draft if we needed to, or even split 11 if the player we want is not there at 11.

And go into next years stronger draft with two picks in the first round, and a second rounder as well. Not a bad position to be in.

Yes. But you generally always pay overs for a contracted and required player.

And you generally always receive unders for an uncontracted player who wants to leave.

I think we did the best we could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think 30 should have been enough for an aging Lobb but am thanking the heavens we kept pick 21. I reckon that's an awesome spot to pick in this draft.
I still think that Lobb is a fair price for the value he will give us next year. Given that he was contracted to Freo, I think it is a fair price. Not bothered about Dunkley and Hunter, but a bit sad for Schacke. I think Bevo never played him in a set position so could not fully develop. Would not surprise me if he becomes a gun for Melbourne. Hope I am wrong. GO DOGS!!!

Sam Power on trade radio shortly.

Doesn't blink
Flirty Flirting GIF

Maybe. But I for one am glad I don’t have to watch Schache or Khamis or the ghost of Stef Martin try and ruck at AFL level now.

English first ruck (I’m still not sold but that’s where he’ll be)
Naughton/Lobb/JUH forward
Jones plus two of Gardner/Keath/Darcy back

English can rest on the bench or forward and Lobb takes some ruck. Darcy even in the ruck for a spell, or up forward, and rotate English through defence.

It might not work out but for the first time in years we have a semblance of a spine that makes sense and gives us some flexibility. Darcy can also develop as a ruck and KPF without being thrown to the wolves. I like it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back