Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going to come hard for Beveridge next year. All of them.
He needs to bring the magic again... No doubting he's a guy with special skills - more than most. But the distance between his best and worst is great. Season 2023 needs to be of the former essence. I'll back him. Amazing list to work with - lets get it done. Time to hand us the cup now.

Brisbane takes 10 days to offer something even close to reasonable value but the dogs delayed i the trade by taking another hour trying to get as close as adequate compensation as possible!

I posted it earlier - their original offer was equivalent of Pick 24.

We accept a deal the equivalent of Pick 5.

If Brisbane hadn’t been knobs - this would have been done a week ago !!

Bev has himself to blame if the media come at him. He is way too aggressive and seems unhinged at times. Rightly or wrongly getting along with media is part of his job.

Bevo stands up for the club at his own personal cost.

How supporters can't see this is bewildering.

Rodney Eade was best friends with the media and often use to leak to them for his own personal interest.

The eventual agreed trade was 95% similar to what the Dogs initially demanded, and 5% similar to what the Lions initially offered, yet it somehow it's the fault of the team that was closer to the eventual trade thats was "holding up the trade"?

4th rounder is dumb, but I'm sure we would have accepted an identical trade without it, had it been offered days earlier.

This will be an odd post, nothing to do with this thread, however I'm asking as it's the most active atm and I need this quick...

Id like a good photoshopped pic of ivan soldo in a doggies guernsey. I'm sure there's many that can do it in a minute. I lack those skills. You can PM it to me. Thanks in advance.

It's just to sh1t stir his mother... not in a nasty way

Firstly I completely disagree with thier criticism of Bevo. It's only because we bargained so hard that we ended up with additional picks.

However, Caroline Wilson on SA radio saying it was Bevo that held up the trade period and that he has too much say at the club.

Hutchy (who I hate) who is close friends with Liam Pickering & Damo saying it was Bevo that wanted an additional 4th round pick.
‘PONY UP’ is how Bevo described it, and ‘PONY UP’ did Brisbane in the end and rightly so, these anti Bevo flogs in the media need to take a good hard look at themselves because it’s becoming and has been for a long time a vendetta against Beveridge and the football club for a long time now, some clearly personal. He has at times let the media get the better of him I’ll admit and he certainly isn’t perfect ,but he has and always will have the best interests of the Western Bulldogs Football Club at heart 🔴⚪🔵

Bev has himself to blame if the media come at him. He is way too aggressive and seems unhinged at times. Rightly or wrongly getting along with media is part of his job.

No it's not. Winning matches, finals and flags is his job. Some, not all, but maybe many, of the media deserve total disdain. Pure scum.

‘PONY UP’ is how Bevo described it, and ‘PONY UP’ did Brisbane in the end and rightly so, these anti Bevo flogs in the media need to take a good hard look at themselves because it’s becoming and has been for a long time a vendetta against Beveridge and the football club for a long time now, some clearly personal. He has at times let the media get the better of him I’ll admit and he certainly isn’t perfect ,but he has and always will have the best interests of the Western Bulldogs Football Club at heart 🔴⚪🔵
Barrett and Cornes has a personal Vendetta against Bevo it’s pathetic and embarrassing on their part

In my opinion the delay in the Dunkley deal was just us spinning it out so that we could get a deal with Freo on Lobb without bringing pick 21 into the equation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be an odd post, nothing to do with this thread, however I'm asking as it's the most active atm and I need this quick...

Id like a good photoshopped pic of ivan soldo in a doggies guernsey. I'm sure there's many that can do it in a minute. I lack those skills. You can PM it to me. Thanks in advance.

This is the best I can do with less than 5 business days notice

CC169BF7-4F5F-4D99-BA39-AF1018A47364.jpeg

Haha I can't think of a better reason to photoshop.

soldo.png

Bevo stands up for the club at his own personal cost.

How supporters can't see this is bewildering.

Rodney Eade was best friends with the media and often use to leak to them for his own personal interest.

Bevo is obtuse and aggressive. He either can’t comprehend the role the media plays in his and the clubs fortunes or he chooses to ignore it.

What he did after round 1 was a sackable offence in my opinion, outrageous behaviour.

The sheep will continue to follow.

Even if we don't make top 4, Bevo should still be our senior coach in 2024 and beyond.
Next season will certainly decide Bevo’s fate.

I agree, so much needs to go right to make top 4 so it’s a very tough line as a pass mark, like Bevo could do a great job and we finish 6th-7th because of injuries or whatever.

But if we roll-up with a crappy defensive structure from Round 1 and are trying to scrape into the 8 late with that same crap game plan again, then he won’t be there in 2024.

I felt like a spew after reading this:

anonymous-breach-pixel registered-breach-pixel subscriber-breach-pixel

AFL Trade 2022: Josh Dunkley joins Lions as Lachie Hunter and Josh Schache depart Bulldogs​

Josh Dunkley has spoken for the first time after his trade to Brisbane finally went through, and revealed a phone call from a Lions superstar helped ease his nerves.

@marcothejourno

4 min read
October 13, 2022 - 6:57PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...585f40ff94e2ccce394250f94d3ce?amp#share-tools
Media-link

The Western Bulldogs gained and lost players during the 2022 trade period
The comforting words of Brisbane superstar Lachie Neale helped ease any doubts a “nervous” Josh Dunkley had about the completion of his move from the Western Bulldogs to the Lions.

Dunkley’s deal with Brisbane wasn’t finalised until the closing stages of the AFL’s trade period as the Bulldogs sought the best possible compensation for losing the 25-year-old midfielder and 2016 premiership player.
“I’d be lying to say I didn’t get nervous,” said Dunkley, who was with his father at the family farm when the trade was finalised.
“The old man actually was saying that he’d never been so nervous in his life. Fifteen minutes to go (in the trade period when the switch was sealed) I think it was, so it was great to get the deal done.
“It did take some time, we always knew it would, but I had confidence in Dom (Ambrogio, Brisbane list manager) and the Lions team to get the deal done.
“Everyone was probably frustrated (on) both sides ... but it is what happens in trade period. Both clubs have got to try to get a win out of the situation.
“At the end of the day, the deal’s done, and we’re both happy camps, which is good.”
Brisbane Lions recruit [PLAYERCARD]Josh Dunkley[/PLAYERCARD]. Picture: Brisbane Lions Twitter

Brisbane Lions recruit Josh Dunkley. Picture: Brisbane Lions Twitter
Dunkley revealed that Neale – whose move to Brisbane from Fremantle ahead of the 2019 AFL season also took time to finalise – had phoned him a few days ago to assure him the trade would get done.
“Lachie rang me ... and just reassured me that his deal was pretty similar and the way it all transpired with him, so to give me that confidence was pretty special from someone that’s been through it all before and someone of his calibre too, who’s now my teammate,” Dunkley said.
“It was a special moment for me and I look forward to catching up with everyone else soon.”
Dunkley has also had several conversations with Lions coach Chris Fagan, who has taken a leave of absence from his as the AFL investigates allegations of racism at Hawthorn and his alleged involvement in them during his time at the Hawks.
“‘Fages’ has been so good to me along the journey and already I feel like I’ve built a special connection with him,” Dunkley said.
“It’s all happening behind the scenes at the moment, but I back him in. He’s been a special person to ne already, so I really appreciate all his support and I’ll support him no matter what, too.”
The Lions traded their second round draft selection, and future first, second and fourth round picks to the Bulldogs in exchange for Dunkley and two future third round selections.
“I’m just excited to get up there (to Brisbane). I’ve got to earn my stripes all over again. I want to be even better again with my footy and I know that I can take things to new levels,” said Dunkley, whose partner is netballer Tippah Dwan, a Queenslander who has played in the Super Netball competition for the Firebirds and the Adelaide Thunderbirds.

Kennel cleanout: Dogs trade out key trio

Two of the Western Bulldogs’ past five best-and-fairest winners have departed Whitten Oval in a sensational postscript to a rocky season.
In a late twist, versatile midfielder Lachie Hunter joined Josh Dunkley (Brisbane) and Josh Schache (Melbourne) in departing the Bulldogs on the final day of the trade period.
However, the Bulldogs did land Fremantle key forward Rory Lobb in an eleventh-hour deal after handing over pick 30 and a future second-round selection to the Dockers.
Hunter’s move to Melbourne came despite him having two years to run on his contract at Whitten Oval.
The Bulldogs are believed to be paying part of Hunter’s remaining salary after being receptive to his request for a “fresh start” and accepting only a future third-round pick from Melbourne for him.
[PLAYERCARD]Josh Dunkley[/PLAYERCARD] is now a Lion. Picture: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images

Josh Dunkley is now a Lion. Picture: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images
A 2018 best-and-fairest winner at the Bulldogs, Hunter took two months of personal leave in the middle of this season and played just five senior games after Round 5.
But the 27-year-old is hopeful of making one of the wings his own at Melbourne next year, opposite Ed Langdon.
“We wanted to add some more run, ball use and high footy IQ into our group,” Melbourne list manager Tim Lamb said.
“Lachie’s an elite runner, he’s an elite decision maker and his ball use is outstanding. We felt that that connection piece inside 50 had troubled us at times (this year).
“We’re pumped to have Lachie. We think he’s going to be an outstanding addition to our football club.”
Lachie Hunter was one of the surprise moves on deadline day. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

Lachie Hunter was one of the surprise moves on deadline day. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images
Hunter’s move had been kept under wraps despite some interest between the two clubs to get the deal done over recent weeks.
Melbourne only finished doing its due diligence on Hunter in recent days.
“There were some conversations around Lachie for a time and if there was another opportunity elsewhere a fresh start would probably be best for him so we were obviously happy to accommodate that,” Western Bulldogs list manager Sam Power said.
Lobb’s arrival at the Bulldogs came after some tense negotiating with the Dockers, who ended up getting their wish of two second-round draft picks for him.
The Bulldogs received a future fourth-round selection from Melbourne for Schache, who featured in just seven senior games this year.
After playing off in the 2021 Grand Final, the Bulldogs finished eighth on the ladder this season before losing their elimination final to Fremantle by 13 points.

More related stories
Trials, tribulations of dramatic trade period
AFL

“‘Fages’ has been so good to me along the journey and already I feel like I’ve built a special connection with him,” Dunkley said.

There are so many lines here about 'Fages', but I don't want to get sued.

'He’s been a special person to me already, so I really appreciate all his support and I’ll support him no matter what, too.”

WOW.

'I know nothing of the allegations or the report, but I believe the person I've had a few conversations with that he didn't do whatever he's supposed to have done'.

Thick as pig****

God I hope Jones runs through this campaigner when we play them next year. A real Harbrow v Lewis situation. What a tool.

Last edited:
I felt like a spew after reading this:

Herald Sun

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s-story/e3b585f40ff94e2ccce394250f94d3ce?amp#

View attachment 1535683View attachment 1535684View attachment 1535682

AFL Trade 2022: Josh Dunkley joins Lions as Lachie Hunter and Josh Schache depart Bulldogs​

Josh Dunkley has spoken for the first time after his trade to Brisbane finally went through, and revealed a phone call from a Lions superstar helped ease his nerves.

Marco MonteverdeMarco Monteverde
@marcothejourno

4 min read
October 13, 2022 - 6:57PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...585f40ff94e2ccce394250f94d3ce?amp#share-tools
Media-link

The Western Bulldogs gained and lost players during the 2022 trade period
The comforting words of Brisbane superstar Lachie Neale helped ease any doubts a “nervous” Josh Dunkley had about the completion of his move from the Western Bulldogs to the Lions.

Dunkley’s deal with Brisbane wasn’t finalised until the closing stages of the AFL’s trade period as the Bulldogs sought the best possible compensation for losing the 25-year-old midfielder and 2016 premiership player.
“I’d be lying to say I didn’t get nervous,” said Dunkley, who was with his father at the family farm when the trade was finalised.
“The old man actually was saying that he’d never been so nervous in his life. Fifteen minutes to go (in the trade period when the switch was sealed) I think it was, so it was great to get the deal done.
“It did take some time, we always knew it would, but I had confidence in Dom (Ambrogio, Brisbane list manager) and the Lions team to get the deal done.
“Everyone was probably frustrated (on) both sides ... but it is what happens in trade period. Both clubs have got to try to get a win out of the situation.
“At the end of the day, the deal’s done, and we’re both happy camps, which is good.”

Dunkley revealed that Neale – whose move to Brisbane from Fremantle ahead of the 2019 AFL season also took time to finalise – had phoned him a few days ago to assure him the trade would get done.
“Lachie rang me ... and just reassured me that his deal was pretty similar and the way it all transpired with him, so to give me that confidence was pretty special from someone that’s been through it all before and someone of his calibre too, who’s now my teammate,” Dunkley said.
“It was a special moment for me and I look forward to catching up with everyone else soon.”
Dunkley has also had several conversations with Lions coach Chris Fagan, who has taken a leave of absence from his as the AFL investigates allegations of racism at Hawthorn and his alleged involvement in them during his time at the Hawks.
“It’s all happening behind the scenes at the moment, but I back him in. He’s been a special person to ne already, so I really appreciate all his support and I’ll support him no matter what, too.”
The Lions traded their second round draft selection, and future first, second and fourth round picks to the Bulldogs in exchange for Dunkley and two future third round selections.
“I’m just excited to get up there (to Brisbane). I’ve got to earn my stripes all over again. I want to be even better again with my footy and I know that I can take things to new levels,” said Dunkley, whose partner is netballer Tippah Dwan, a Queenslander who has played in the Super Netball competition for the Firebirds and the Adelaide Thunderbirds.

Kennel cleanout: Dogs trade out key trio

Two of the Western Bulldogs’ past five best-and-fairest winners have departed Whitten Oval in a sensational postscript to a rocky season.
In a late twist, versatile midfielder Lachie Hunter joined Josh Dunkley (Brisbane) and Josh Schache (Melbourne) in departing the Bulldogs on the final day of the trade period.
However, the Bulldogs did land Fremantle key forward Rory Lobb in an eleventh-hour deal after handing over pick 30 and a future second-round selection to the Dockers.
Hunter’s move to Melbourne came despite him having two years to run on his contract at Whitten Oval.
The Bulldogs are believed to be paying part of Hunter’s remaining salary after being receptive to his request for a “fresh start” and accepting only a future third-round pick from Melbourne for him.

A 2018 best-and-fairest winner at the Bulldogs, Hunter took two months of personal leave in the middle of this season and played just five senior games after Round 5.
But the 27-year-old is hopeful of making one of the wings his own at Melbourne next year, opposite Ed Langdon.
“We wanted to add some more run, ball use and high footy IQ into our group,” Melbourne list manager Tim Lamb said.
“Lachie’s an elite runner, he’s an elite decision maker and his ball use is outstanding. We felt that that connection piece inside 50 had troubled us at times (this year).
“We’re pumped to have Lachie. We think he’s going to be an outstanding addition to our football club.”

Hunter’s move had been kept under wraps despite some interest between the two clubs to get the deal done over recent weeks.
Melbourne only finished doing its due diligence on Hunter in recent days.
“There were some conversations around Lachie for a time and if there was another opportunity elsewhere a fresh start would probably be best for him so we were obviously happy to accommodate that,” Western Bulldogs list manager Sam Power said.
Lobb’s arrival at the Bulldogs came after some tense negotiating with the Dockers, who ended up getting their wish of two second-round draft picks for him.
The Bulldogs received a future fourth-round selection from Melbourne for Schache, who featured in just seven senior games this year.
After playing off in the 2021 Grand Final, the Bulldogs finished eighth on the ladder this season before losing their elimination final to Fremantle by 13 points.

More related stories
Trials, tribulations of dramatic trade period
AFL

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/1a8b04ef9fdda71ab0a6ab9ece15b941
AFL

Looks like Dunkley has replaced Adam Treloar

Dunkley on Qld channel 7 news. Reporter crowing that Brisbane dudded the Bulldogs. Dunkley with the usual cliches when a player arrives at a new club. Apparently the other players have warned him about training in the Queensland heat 😁 ☀️ 🔥 😓
What they ended up paying was pretty close to getting back to 15 and the F1 we asked for.

End result was F1, 21 and an upgrade of future picks to make up for 15 sliding to 21.

“The old man actually was saying that he’d never been so nervous in his life.
Fifteen minutes to go (in the trade period when the switch was sealed) I think it was, so it was great to get the deal done.”

Why would he be nervous? Oh that’s right, he was the one wanting Josh to get out of the club to maximise those dollars.

My last comment on this whole debacle, but Andrew Dunkley is an a-grade ****wit. Thankfully no longer need to hear anything from this dumbass family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back