Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

A 29 year old with a history of back problems- what could possibly go wrong??
I think we should look at the most likely outcome and pass. I get the argument that Jobes and Lobb are the wrong side of 30 and for Lobb it is a small sample size but I am assuming it will be a large chunk of salary cap tied up on a “ could be”

A 29 year old with a history of back problems- what could possibly go wrong??
I think we should look at the most likely outcome and pass. I get the argument that Jobes and Lobb are the wrong side of 30 and for Lobb it is a small sample size but I am assuming it will be a large chunk of salary cap tied up on a “ could be”
It'd be all right if he was being thrown out as a salary dump but that's definitely not the case and we'd be dragged over the coals at the trade table.

Hey bulldogs baord members may I intrest you in Tom Barrass give us 2 firsts xx. Or the first you get from the smith trade and a 2nd round pick or just a first and garcia as a sweetner.

Hey bulldogs baord members may I intrest you in Tom Barrass give us 2 firsts xx. Or the first you get from the smith trade and a 2nd round pick or just a first and garcia as a sweetner.
The cost of Barrass is why I think many of us are against grabbing him. What he'd cost as an in-contract player is just too much

Doubt English goes, but if he did I could see the logic in getting Barrass and rucking Lobb/Darcy next year.

The problem for me is that as Barrass is contracted he would basically cost what we’d get for English or Smith and that’s overs for Barrass and his rooted spine.

counter deal

Dogs: Barrass, Harley Reid
WCE: 6x Future Third rounders

Total value = First overall Pick

Final offer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt English goes, but if he did I could see the logic in getting Barrass and rucking Lobb/Darcy next year.

The problem for me is that as Barrass is contracted he would basically cost what we’d get for English or Smith and that’s overs for Barrass and his rooted spine.
Exactly Don’t think Barrass Rooted spine would like the Melbourne weather hopefully we move on

Tom Morris suggesting we are likely to lose Tim English now. We are offering he and Barrass both 5 year deals.

If given the choice, give me the 29 year old proven premiership defender with a questionable back, over a 27 year old questionable effort giver who is one concussion away from a serious conversation.

We'd also be paying Barrass less.

Tom Morris suggesting we are likely to lose Tim English now. We are offering he and Barrass both 5 year deals.

If given the choice, give me the 29 year old proven premiership defender with a questionable back, over a 27 year old questionable effort giver who is one concussion away from a serious conversation.

We'd also be paying Barrass less.
I'd rather keep English.

Let's say we lose English and gain a first rounder via FA (currently pick #11). The Eagles are probably going to want something around that for Barrass.

The deal is essentially a straight swap of English for Barrass (with minor additional cap space).

What do people think of that?

I just don’t know why Tim would leave his girlfriend plays for the Melbourne vixens she wouldn’t be going back to Perth after she just left ?
Girlfriends playing at X netball team has hardly ever been a factor.

Adam Treloar plays in Victoria, his partner recently retired and was playing in Queensland (and she lived there, with their daughter).

Josh Dunkley moved to Queensland, whilst his partner played netball in South Australia.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic so apologies if you are but this idea that you wouldn't take an extra million dollars because your partner is playing netball for considerably less is just bizarre.

Let's say we lose English and gain a first rounder via FA (currently pick #11). The Eagles are probably going to want something around that for Barrass.

The deal is essentially a straight swap of English for Barrass (with minor additional cap space).

I'll help Tim pack his things.

Eagles would probably want more, but even for English compo it’s still a massive no from me on Barass

We need high picks for pace

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back