Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would HIGHLY debate your fair price for Dangerfield call.
That was when Wells was list manager, now it’s Mackie who is a w***er, and has got other clubs off side, not a smart thing to do when half your list is made up of trades.

My feeling around the Smith Instagram post is that the Dogs have low balled him with their contract offer and have been more or less happy to push him out.

He’s giving off some serious narcissistic tendencies though. The man certainly won’t enjoy the first home game back and hearing supporters give it to him.

My feeling around the Smith Instagram post is that the Dogs have low balled him with their contract offer and have been more or less happy to push him out.

He’s giving off some serious narcissistic tendencies though. The man certainly won’t enjoy the first home game back and hearing supporters give it to him.

If that's what happened, it's fair enough they feel that way because he's coming off an ACL, has baggage and if that's what they feel is best, no problems.

Having said that, the club is well and truly also entitled to say at his best yes worth two first rounders or whatever they're demanding.

Cars that are traded in never get resold for anything close to their trade in value.

The whole teenager 'look at me, look at me.....I'm the victim here' thing is exhausting and maybe that's part of the reason it's all ended.

Hypothetical. If you knew it was fact that 3 tall forwards do not work especially in finals. Do you move one back or do you trade one for 2 first rounders or something else. No way is it Darcy it has to be either Naughton or JUH.

For example would you do JUH for Butters or do we need more. Probably never happen but you consider anything that gets you a flag.

Whatever …

If you want your club to be successful and not win 2 flags in it’s existence, then you have to be bold and not afraid to take risks.

Bevo has underachieved in the last 6 years IMO. Hardly made progress.

By default drafting - we were given JUH, Darcy , Croft

and before you open your mouth - Gallagher thus far has been a spud , Charlie Clarke hasn’t got a look and left to rot. A jones same

Scott gullan said playing players like McNeil , Scott etc ahead of Macrae and Daniel hasn’t worked out.
Yet Bevo continues to play these hacks

Bevo got lucky with Richards and lobb positional changes due to injuries

- I saw the exact same pattern with arsene Wenger as Arsenal coach as I do with Bevo , so I know what I’m talking about regarding to move Bevo on.
Explain how Bevo is as close to Wenger? As an Arsenal fan myself, I’m yet to notice the similarities.

Explain how Bevo is as close to Wenger? As an Arsenal fan myself, I’m yet to notice the similarities.

wenger - makes top 4 (3rd/4th), out in the champions league round of 16, out of the title race by nov/dec
bevo starts the season off crap, practically out of the premiership race by mid year because you need to make top 4
bevo makes top 8 in the last rounds, out in the 1st week of finals.

rinse and repeat

as an arsenal fan i knew wenger was cooked by 2011, and yet he was still in the job till 2018. arsenal wasted many years as a result of blind faith

bevo is similar im seeing. he'll be here till 2026 and fans will be like why didn't we pull the trigger earlier.

Surely we're in the thick of any potential Josh Rachele fallout? He won Adelaide three games off his own boot with matchwinning goals this year and his own teammates had a crack at him because he over celebrates or something.

wenger - makes top 4 (3rd/4th), out in the champions league round of 16, out of the title race by nov/dec
bevo starts the season off crap, practically out of the premiership race by mid year because you need to make top 4
bevo makes top 8 in the last rounds, out in the 1st week of finals.

rinse and repeat

as an arsenal fan i knew wenger was cooked by 2011, and yet he was still in the job till 2018. arsenal wasted many years as a result of blind faith

bevo is similar im seeing. he'll be here till 2026 and fans will be like why didn't we pull the trigger earlier.
Bevo is contracted until 2025

Zak Butters needs to be made a brand ambassador for Mission foods immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will love it.

Any attention is good attention for narcissists.

Is was obvious with the length of the offer put to Bailey Smith that the club wasn't overly keen on keeping but f*** me that anecdote from Tim Watson really does put the offer into perspective.

Footy journos like to bang on about Geelong being the great rehabilitaters but I can't imagine this level of narcissistic bulls**** is going to fly at any club.

I think it's becoming clearer that Smith burnt his bridges at the club long ago and that the offer we made to him is just an attempt to avoid the type of circus that developed around Jake Stringer when we just decided to rip the bandaid off and cut him lose.

Hypothetical. If you knew it was fact that 3 tall forwards do not work especially in finals. Do you move one back or do you trade one for 2 first rounders or something else. No way is it Darcy it has to be either Naughton or JUH.

For example would you do JUH for Butters or do we need more. Probably never happen but you consider anything that gets you a flag.
Prior to Naught's knee injury, his further up the ground role was being developed nicely. Almost a wing role.

I think that's the best use of that Darcy, JUH and Naughts combo. Darcy and JUH fwd, Nayghts higher up the ground as part of the supply.

So not a straight out choice necessarily between forward or back or trade. The 4th option makes the most of all of them in my view.

Is was obvious with the length of the offer put to Bailey Smith that the club wasn't overly keen on keeping but f*** me that anecdote from Tim Watson really does put the offer into perspective.

Footy journos like to bang on about Geelong being the great rehabilitaters but I can't imagine this level of narcissistic bulls**** is going to fly at any club.

I think it's becoming clearer that Smith burnt his bridges at the club long ago and that the offer we made to him is just an attempt to avoid the type of circus that developed around Jake Stringer when we just decided to rip the bandaid off and cut him lose.
I turned on him after the Collingwood game last year. Yeah I'm good to go .... played absolute shite, gave up on chases and Quaynor ran off him all game and was arguably the decisive factor in a game that we had every chance of winning ... but for Smith.

It wasn't about Smith being good to go and team first, it was about Smith appearing on a big stage in prime time and the social media sh1t. Could never be trusted again after that and should never have played another game for the club as the Weagles game confirmed.

The mistake we made was not getting rid of him last off season. The mistake we made before that was drafting him in the first place ... ahead of Butters.

I turned on him after the Collingwood game last year. Yeah I'm good to go .... played absolute shite, gave up on chases and Quaynor ran off him all game and was arguably the decisive factor in a game that we had every chance of winning ... but for Smith.

It wasn't about Smith being good to go and team first, it was about Smith appearing on a big stage in prime time and the social media sh1t. Could never be trusted again after that and should never have played another game for the club as the Weagles game confirmed.

The mistake we made was not getting rid of him last off season. The mistake we made before that was drafting him in the first place ... ahead of Butters.
In a perfect world we would have, but without player approval our hands were tied. The Hawks most likely trade for him last year if he agrees to go there (not pick 4, that’s fantasy, but something decent) but Smith and Dunkley the year before made a calculated decision to wait until OOC so that they could minimise the return to the club.

Exactly this.
Given Hawthorn's offer last year (their first pick for Smith and Lions pick) he should've been told to either re-sign and show his commitment or accept the Hawks offer.
It’s about time Clubs get some power back players have so much control and their managers

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back