Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

ok apologies, i must be mistaken, Gardy is banging down the selection door, just got to get his body right, bevo and the team have big plans for him in 2025

I didn’t say that - and neither did you. You said he has not been selected, he played 10 games last year and was injured for the rest.He was injured all year this year - apart from the last few games. Like Jj was never going to be selected after being out for so long.

So you were blatantly WRONG

Gardy is by no means my favorite player- but you can’t bash the door down when you have a long term injury.Lets see what happens next year.

But go ahead , vomit out that Bevo is an idiot - but at least support it with facts…..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shouldve traded Smith to the Hawks for their first pick last year instead of being stubborn. That would have been Watson who kicked 25 points against us in a 37 point elimination loss.

I suspect we will get bent over. The Petracca move has been deemed too hard because of his contract size and the bigger clubs not having early picks. Then when it comes to Macrae (yes he's worth a lot less) but the media then say he will be a late pick due to his large salary.

Then our position on Baz is weakened due to being out of contract. Seems the media have us in a weak bargaining position no matter what the scenario is lolz
We had no idea that Smith would do his knee though. A fit Smith could have won us the flag this year in theory.

In the case of Griffen, we thrived.
Hawks lost Buddy and immediately won two flags.

Baz contributed exactly zero this year, moving him on to get assets to trade for players to fill gaps in our list could well be a blessing.
We on balance won out of losing Ward too, and Brown could have finished his career in prelims if he’d stuck it out with us.

I get the impression Smith was a headache at the club, which might explain why we didn’t go all out to retain him. I’m totally fine with it. Forgot he was on the list at times this year.

Last edited:
Two years for McNeil.

Frustrated Head GIF

Doc extra season is OK but if we ever hang him out to dry again on someone with wheels (Watson) - I think I’ll go rogue.

McNeil should have been a one year extension but I guess at the end of the day, right now, we have no other small fwds on the list. Hope it’s all we go after on draft night.

Doc extra season is OK but if we ever hang him out to dry again on someone with wheels (Watson) - I think I’ll go rogue.

McNeil should have been a one year extension but I guess at the end of the day, right now, we have no other small fwds on the list. Hope it’s all we go after on draft night.
Need midfielders as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are one of four vic clubs who have met with Houston recently.

Stkilda, Collingwood and Carlton the other 3
Saints would be in the best position to land Houston with their picks

I would have gone the same for McNeil but I get it. He was honestly ok as a role player and is at the very least depth. I doubt he’s going to blow our cap.

My guess is that McNeil is on a very cheap wicket to get 2 years. Maybe 250k pa
Yeah the only risk is that he takes a list spot. That’s not nothing, and I’ve been critical of fringe players getting too many years in the past, but he was pretty solid in the second half of the year. I’m sure he’ll get games the next two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back