Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly, methinks next season will be our last blessed with guns Naughton and JMH, and to a lesser extent, Lobb, Darcy and Croft playing in the same team…
Sydney’s very cornerstone, in a predominantly non AFL environment, is to have a multi million dollar poster boy as their long-term main attraction.. A Lockett, Hall, Franklin..
The Swans AND THE AFL will throw the kitchen sink at one of ours to ensure they get their wish.. AND it’ll be totally beyond us to match what they’ll offer!
As someone earlier stated…
The league and the general fanbase don’t like us “battlers” to have too many nice things!
Yeah no

Smith will be the one who leaves

Liam Duggan's name has been raised on the trading board?

It’s probably an AFL RDO on Monday too….
No, that’s not the reason no trades will be done this Monday. The AFL RDO is actually the next Monday. All AFL staff will be otherwise occupied this coming Monday because it is 6-Monthly Performance Bonus Justification Report Writing Day.

Literally because they play different positions.
What position does he genuinely play? Hasn't shown shit in his ten seasons at the club. Disgusting he is still on the list at this point, there is no upside to his game, has struggled at VFL level and gifted games when others were not afforded the same leniency for lack of impact.

English is more important to re-sign, as much as I love jamarra, we’re not winning a flag without English
You may well be correct but imo it will be because of the advantage English will give us over his opponent in collecting possessions around the ground rather than the importance of the ruck division in tap outs . This years GF underscored to me how unimportant ruckmen are in winning the flag.If they are marginally competitive that is enough. Have there ever been less dominant ruckmen than Cameron and Cox ( and McInerny and whoever) to have played and still won a flag? IMO the ruck is the least important piece of the puzzle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the strong rumours are correct about Sydney's up to 1.5 mill per year for 10 years for JUH, we will struggle to keep him. It's an offer no player could conceivably reject. The question for us is will we have the capital to match it.

If the strong rumours are correct about Sydney's up to 1.5 mill per year for 10 years for JUH, we will struggle to keep him. It's an offer no player could conceivably reject. The question for us is will we have the capital to match it.
I also fear a big side coming hard won't have the trade capital.

Someone like Sydney we'll end up with two pick 12's (or thereabouts)!

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

They're not "strong rumours" ... it's montagna making shit up like usual

The same media w***ers writing JUH stories are the same ones questioning if he was a bust a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's all bullshit.

Noone is making him the highest earned player by a mile after less than 70 games lol.

I bet he signs for 4 years with us

Pay JUH what it takes to keep him will be a gun it may mean we lose someone like a Bailey Smith but their decisions list managers have to make BUT sort out our coaching NOW etc etc
as we have Naughton English Bont JUH and LIBBA we should be up to our necks in a premiership chase

May be someone like Sydney asked about JUH first and they knew he is going nowhere and then they turned their attention to Naughton

JUH comes across as a really good kid so I think a fair offer (no low ball) he will look to stay especially after his mate Naughton just knocked back huge offers

Out of interest, I rewinded eleven years this morning and went to the Big Footy archives to read our thread leading up to the 2012 draft - the draft in which we took Stringer and Jack Macrae at picks 5 and 6.

Wow...all of the love was for Jono O'Rourke (who many agreed would be ideal for us, and would even end up the player of the draft), Jimmy Toumpas and Troy Menzel. There was barely a mention of Macrae, and when there was, it was pretty sceptical. At least in the few pages that I read. I don't know about the other 700 pages!

Perspective, heh. It was a good panacea against being seduced by three minute highlights videos and two sentence write-ups. And it just reinforced how our recruiting team have actually smashed our first round draft picks out of the park for about a decade.

Last edited:
If I’m JUH I’m staying put on a good and fair deal, continuing to work hard and improve without the type of pressure Tom Boyd faced. Then when the time comes and his stature in the game is high, letting things play out accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back