Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Nathan Brown ever had any inside knowledge on trade moves? I can't recall any. Thought he'd be too busy encouraging people to gamble...
He interviewed Nathan Broad last weekend and asked him when he’d be coming back to play for Richmond - he was playing that day - so I’d take anything Judas says with a grain of salt.

Glad the dogs decided not to reach for Collard in anyway. The kid sounds awful and likely would have asked to be traded back to WA.
Yes at the time I thought he’d be a good pickup. Lots of pace, which we certainly needed.

There’s clearly something to be said for a no dickheads policy … even if we don’t officially have such a policy.
Exhibit A: Lance Collard.

Yes at the time I thought he’d be a good pickup. Lots of pace, which we certainly needed.

There’s clearly something to be said for a no dickheads policy … even if we don’t officially have such a policy.
Exhibit A: Lance Collard.
He was deffinetly a target but Saints went earlier then we were prepared to.

The under 18s champs finishes with Metro winning by 1 point, a free kick on the arc and then a 50m penalty for a shot after the siren.
Vic Country were pretty stiff didn't see what the 50 was paid for though.
Travaglia would be a nice pick up he will go earlier than we have a pick for 😔

Interestingly there were 16 players rated ahead of him by Champion Data/SuperCoach last night, while last week he was bewilderingly rated our best and third best on ground overall.

I’m certain 99% of people would agree his game last night was miles ahead of last week. Goes to show how little water the stats argument holds for English

Outside of the 1st quarter he was one of our best last week. Didn’t take much, but he was.

Say all you want about stats in general, but 2 goals, 8 marks 3 contested (most for both teams), 26 hit outs, and 10 contested disposals from 18 all up. He had a pretty good game.

I sometimes think the critique of English is pretty harsh. Some weeks, he could kick 10 goals, but because he got outmuscled in a few ruck contests, some supporters will claim he played shit.

I really like Travaglia. One of my favourites, though he’ll be out of our range.
That was the best game I've seen him play. Reminded me of Dale the night before.
Vic Country were pretty stiff didn't see what the 50 was paid for though.
Travaglia would be a nice pick up he will go earlier than we have a pick for 😔
Free was for holding in the contest and then 50M was for descent as dog 36 has said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the best game I've seen him play. Reminded me of Dale the night before.

Free was for holding in the contest and then 50M was for descent as dog 36 has said.

Very harsh 50m probably should not have been paid. It wasn’t dissent although that’s what the 50 was paid for

10 seconds to go, you give a free kick away on the def 50 line. And then decide to give the umpire a spray almost guaranteeing your team loses the game.

Some questionable decision making and discipline by that kid. Not sure of his draft prospects, but that’d be something recruiters would be giving some consideration, if he’s there abouts.

10 seconds to go, you give a free kick away on the def 50 line. And then decide to give the umpire a spray almost guaranteeing your team loses the game.

Some questionable decision making and discipline by that kid. Not sure of his draft prospects, but that’d be something recruiters would be giving some consideration, if he’s there abouts.

He didn’t give the umpire a spray the recruiters all know that and all know that the umpire stuffed it up

What was it paid for? Didn’t seem to be anything else payable.

Paid for dissent. If you call “you got to be joking” dissent then umpire was right

Wasn’t said in a threatening way or angrily and no swearing.

Doesn’t surprise me at all.
They're just holding off on announcing it. The club prefer to do one re-signing announcement at a time, for social media engagement and to give all the players their time in the spotlight. I'd also hazard a guess and say an announcement will line up with a return to the senior team.

He will still go top 15 on draft night. Although I don't think it warranted a 50m penalty he will have definitely learnt the hardway that you wont change an umpires call.

What was it paid for? Didn’t seem to be anything else payable.
The free kick was very soft but I think it was there. It was deffinetly paid for descent, which was also a very harsh call but there is no need to be communicating with an umpire at that stage.

They're just holding off on announcing it. The club prefer to do one re-signing announcement at a time, for social media engagement and to give all the players their time in the spotlight. I'd also hazard a guess and say an announcement will line up with a return to the senior team.

Are you saying he has re-signed?

Well that was pretty dumb turned a possible draw into a certain loss

See my post above it was not dissent it was an umpire with sms who thought he would stamp his authority on the game with no real ability to read the game and situation

Thought the free was pretty stiff but 50 out a miss wasn't out of question but a point probably more likely. Silly to give away 50 at that point. Young blokes with lizard brains big mistake but they played well so enhanced their draft chances a number of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back