Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you rather keep Daniel or Macrae?
I'd prefer to keep both but if one had to go then Daniel, I think the side is only going to move further away from him. Macrea however would be great to bridge the gap between the old and new. Next year I can see Libba needing to be managed more and although he has had a fantastic run this year and in career best form Treloar is also getting on so mature depth is always handy, of course after what he has contributed to the club if he isn't happy playing half forward/back up Mid then I'd definitely facilitate a trade for him if it was worthwhile for the club.

Sanders trade is starting to look better as we move up the ladder. As an example, if finish 5th and Gold Coast 14th, it basically ends up being:

In: Sanders, Croft, Freijah, Pick 42
Out: Picks 10, 14, 17

Yeah, functionally Croft was always going to cost pick 14 and trading picks 10 and 17 for a top 5 pick is something most teams would do. Add in Freijah in the 40s who is someone that would be getting big props if he played for another team and it's a good trade.

With Sanders looking like the Libba replacement, I reckon we need to find our Treloar replacement in the midfield in this draft to give them runway.

Or I guess it could be the Ed replacement if he steps up into Treloars role when Adz retires.

Either way - need another mid with some pace.

With Sanders looking like the Libba replacement, I reckon we need to find our Treloar replacement in the midfield in this draft to give them runway.

Or I guess it could be the Ed replacement if he steps up into Treloars role when Adz retires.

Either way - need another mid with some pace.
If Bailey Smith was staying, would he be Treloar's replacement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at eventual replacement for Duryea, I would be keen as to have a crack at Darcy McPherson.
Position of need for us and let's get Supa's son back to the dogs where he belongs.

He played 23 games last year with the 🌞 but only managed 2 this year while not being on the injury list.
3rd pick swap?

Looking at eventual replacement for Duryea, I would be keen as to have a crack at Darcy McPherson.
Position of need for us and let's get Supa's son back to the dogs where he belongs.

He played 23 games last year with the 🌞 but only managed 2 this year while not being on the injury list.
3rd pick swap?

If he’s struggling for games in this years Suns team. He’s probably not going to be much of a Dureya replacement.

3rd pick swap?
Wasn't he playing as a small forward?

Macrae every time he can still play a role. Daniel just has too many deficiencies for him to overcome and looks slower this year. Just can't see a role that he can fulfil just doesn't have enough pace to cover his lack of height
I actually think Macrae has faer more deficiencies than Daniel. Daniel is still creative with the ball in hand. Jacko is not creative by foot, his kicking is pretty poor for a topline mid.
I reckon he may be in demand from a couple of clubs. Caleb has been linked in a return to Adelaide, he would be a POD for them.
They've both been good servants and premiership heroes, I see no issue in them wanting a new environment. They are now surplus to our needs. We wouldn't get much back though, maybe a pick in 30s or 40s for each of them.

Potential list changes:
Smith, English, Daniel. Macrae potentially all trades. But I think Tim might stay.
We will have delistments. Potentially 3-4 depending on trades
Retirements: JJ, Doc? Although I heard Doc on radio and he wants to go on for another year.

Potential list changes:
Smith, English, Daniel. Macrae potentially all trades. But I think Tim might stay.
We will have delistments. Potentially 3-4 depending on trades
Retirements: JJ, Doc? Although I heard Doc on radio and he wants to go on for another year.
Doc will be on around 95 or more games at the end of the year depending on how many finals we play. It would be great for him to join the list of Bulldog 100 gamers before he retires.

And he might even have some kids! ;)

We need to prioritise some speedy half back flankers in my view.

Duryea and JJ on last legs, Richards now a bone fide midfield star and Daniel probably out the door means we need 2-3.

Id push for Bergman, see if we could pry Noble/Markov as added depth and even look in the draft for an outside runner who may be able to start at half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back