Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any latest news re Barrass or are we……
Awkward Glasses GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

"I stay in my lane on that. I let Sam (Power) deal with list management and those conversations and I'll be the coach in those circumstances."

A ripper quote from Bevo. I do wonder historically how much Bevo got involved with aspects of the club that he probably shouldn't have been involved in and how it affected his workload as a coach.

Below are the top 10 results from the 2023 AFL Draft Combine testing.

2km time trial​

Tarkyn O’Leary (Sandringham Dragons/Parkdale Vultures) - 5 minutes, 48 seconds
Darcy Wilson (Murray Bushrangers/Wangaratta Rovers) - 5:52
Ethan Read (Gold Coast Suns Academy/Palm Beach Currumbin) - 5:56
Jordan Croft (Calder Cannons/Maribyrnong Park) - 6:05
Caiden Cleary (Sydney Swans Academy/Sydney University) - 6:06
Aiden O’Driscoll (Perth/Northam Saints) - 6:06
Archie Roberts (Sandringham Dragons/Hampton Rovers) - 6:08
Connor O’Sullivan (Murray Bushrangers/Albury) - 6:11
Joel Freijah (GWV Rebels/Horsham Saints) - 6:13
Harvey Johnston (Sandringham Dragons/Parkdale Vultures) - 6:17
Koltyn Tholstrup (Subiaco/Newtown Condingup) - 6:17
We drafted 3 of those players last year. I wonder if that was pure coincidence (obviously Croft was always coming) or we specifically targeted fitter players.

Unbelievable valuing of tigers players on The Tackle looking at hypothetical trades.

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

Makes you wonder how Smith is only worth a late first?
Was Ralphy saying that? He's a knob. Smith is worth more than all bar Bolton. Absolute joke

Unbelievable valuing of tigers players on The Tackle looking at hypothetical trades.

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

The contract status of those players completely changes the game.

They are worth what Freo/GC offer.

I do agree that I would be disappointed with just a late first for Smith though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If English does leave, what is our Plan B for a ruckman in 2025?

I would rather leave Darcy forward and Lobb back in 2025.

Not sure about tank at AFL level but L Smith actually looks alright developing in the VFL. Already a big lad.

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

Bolton is really good, but 2 firsts is pushing it good.

Rioli is Bailey Dale from Wish.com, so we should aim for pick 1 if anyone comes for him then.

Baker is a hard one to price, but an undersized mid with a good all-round game and no absolute standout qualities? I dunno mate, a mid to late first seems a bit much

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

Rioli contracted through to 2027 and Bolton through to 2028, hence why they will cost more than Bailey Smith, plain and simple. Baker is an interesting one as he is on record saying he wants the Tigers to get fair compensation, but he also wants every cent the Dockers/Eagles are offering.

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

It would be one of all the time draft steals if we only get a late first for Smith.

We drafted him at pick 7 and has more than lived up to that pick.

This is mainly cause I know his family

But for a cheap deal, I would take a punt on tim membrey

Give us another legit marking target up forward that can also play a high half forward

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

ACL - massive risk, and he is a bit of a Aker by the sounds of it (d**khead)

Baker pick 13
Rioli pick 6
Bolton pick 8 and 16

That Bolton valuation isn’t far off and you’d probably get Baker for a little less, but pick 6 for Rioli is surely a piss-take?

Peak Cyril Rioli may have got that, Daniel not even close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back