Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is mainly cause I know his family

But for a cheap deal, I would take a punt on tim membrey

Give us another legit marking target up forward that can also play a high half forward
I don’t mind Membrey as a player, but he’s well down on the priority list for our needs.

Like we’ve already pushed a key forward to the backline and probably need to do the same with another (Croft).

Membrey is a different player, but he’s a 30yo and I don’t see where he fits in.

Last edited:
I think they are all off.

Baker - 20-25
Rioli - 20-25
Bolton - 1 top 10 pick or 2 teen picks.
The issue is they're contracted. Gold coast are also in a position they just have to pay up at the trade table for anyone willing to come to the club, they also don't value picks in the same way most clubs do given they get given top quality talent for junk picks through the academy.

I don’t mind Membrey as a player, but he’s well down on the priority list for our list needs.

Like we’ve already pushed a key forward to the backline and probably need to do the same with another (Croft).

Membrey is a different player, but he’s a 30yo and I don’t see where he fits in.
I think his best bet would be to go to the Pies, the limited talls they do have haven't been able to get on the park, he would be good insurance there and probably plays 10+ games.

I think they are all off.

Baker - 20-25
Rioli - 20-25
Bolton - 1 top 10 pick or 2 teen picks.
I’d have the Baker bracket at 15-20-ish and yeah, that’s probably right for Rioli (maybe even a little kind).

Would I give up picks 8 & 16 for Bolton? No, but I can easily see a scenario where Freo give up that/something very similar.

I wouldn't want to trade out either of them tbh.

Both have roles to play going forward. I'd prefer them being our 23rd and 24th best players than a heap of others.
Agree!! Trading out senior players doesn’t always end well. Look at dees now. Let harmes and Jordan go. Then unfortunately brayshaw retires, Petracca injury, Oliver carrying injury. They are a shadow of the team they were at the moment.
Keep senior players around and transition them out slowly. No substitute for quality experience

Agree!! Trading out senior players doesn’t always end well. Look at dees now. Let harmes and Jordan go. Then unfortunately brayshaw retires, Petracca injury, Oliver carrying injury. They are a shadow of the team they were at the moment.
Keep senior players around and transition them out slowly. No substitute for quality experience

Neither of them have held the club to ransom during contract negotiations either. Always been no fuss sign the dotted line guys and have played whatever position asked of them in the team.

Need to reward that type of club loyalty.

From the Mid-week show

TIMELINE PLACED ON ALL-AUSTRALIAN BULLDOG?

A decision on where Western Bulldogs ruck Tim English is playing in 2025 looks likely to be made sooner rather than later, as an important meeting with his player manager looms.
Having been strongly linked to West Coast this season, English – a West Australian man – has been weighing up a move back home.

And as one of only two restricted free agents left on the market, English’s pending verdict only continues to gather interest.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle, Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark revealed that while there was still no certainty around English’s future at the Kennel, a decision could be made in the next two weeks.
“This is still a bit of a line-ball call; I’m expecting Tim English to stay at the Western Bulldogs – he’s got a key meeting with his manager Andrew McDougall over the next fortnight, and I’m expecting him to recommit,” Clark said.

“The prospect and the spectre of team success could be the big hook to get his signature on paper.”

Coach Luke Beveridge was asked about English only yesterday at his weekly training press conference,

“The conversations with Tim and his management – especially in recent times – has been really positive; whether a decision is imminent or not, I’m not sure, but there’s definitely no pressure for him to make a call right now,” – Beveridge

“I really can’t see him leaving,” fellow Herald Sun journalist Lauren Wood finished by staying.

English has played 128 games across eight seasons so far at Whitten Oval, with his best season coming last year where he earned a maiden All-Australian jacket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey-

Dogs expected to try and lure Cam Raynor back to Victoria next year when OOC
I've been hearing this out of the club since his draft year.
We asked for him in the Dunkley trade.
Doesn't surprise me if we throw the kitchen sink at him.

Raynor has really elevated his game as a forward who runs through the middle over the past two seasons. Was always capable of the freakish but is now consistently high impact. The big worry is that we could throw the balance of the forward line off with his addition. We'd be more damaging but I'm not so sure that we'd be as dangerous at smothering rebounds and trapping the ball.

Not huge on Rayner, but worth a crack as a free agent end of 2025.

Just think even if he did decide to come home we'd be used as leverage and he'd end up at one of the big Vic clubs. We would probably have to offer several hundred thousands more a year to get him to choose us.

Would be nice just to piss Brisbane off though

Not huge on Rayner, but worth a crack as a free agent end of 2025.

Just think even if he did decide to come home we'd be used as leverage and he'd end up at one of the big Vic clubs. We would probably have to offer several hundred thousands more a year to get him to choose us.

Would be nice just to piss Brisbane off though
It is nice to now have the Aboriginal leaders around the club who could influence any decisions that get made. We have been very weak in that aspect previously so to have Jones x2 Marra and Sanders on the AFL list and a few others running around the VFL we will be able to foster the strong sense of community that these guys were raised on.

Cal Twomey-

Dogs expected to try and lure Cam Raynor back to Victoria next year when OOC
“I expect Essendon, Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, probably even more to be all over him next year”.

Traditionally hard for us to compete with the bigger clubs when trying to lure A grade players. Hopefully the new facilities will start to make us a more attractive option.

“I expect Essendon, Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, probably even more to be all over him next year”.

Traditionally hard for us to compete with the bigger clubs when trying to lure A grade players. Hopefully the new facilities will start to make us a more attractive option.

I have no idea why this should be. We are an awesome club, and all of the others are pathetic. This is an unbiased and axiomatic truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back