Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been hearing this out of the club since his draft year.
We asked for him in the Dunkley trade.
Doesn't surprise me if we throw the kitchen sink at him.
So do we trade away our first rounder to get points for Cooney and West, offer Brisbane unders and then haggle over future third rounders?

Edit: didn’t realise that he was a RFA. We can save our picks for Butters and Callaghan then.

Can't believe the Aints are going after Tarryn Thomas lol

Harmes wasn't let go, he was pushed out. Goodwin, Gawn and the leadership group decided that he was not a good bloke due to an off field matter, and off he went.

I find that hard to believe knowing Harmesy… don’t believe all the gossip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Ryan could be gettable..

Gets fit and he’s a weapon.

Why aren't we attractive for Rayner? Tigs are cooked. Pies are due a rebuild. Blues caps full. Saints are crap. North don't need him. Essendon are garbage too.
People forget footy is a job for pro players. If someone offers him way overs on a contract, he will take it. Whilst our cap may be in a good spot, it is not a war chest in space. We won't be winning high end bidding wars. He will consider us if money isn't the number one thing on his mind.

Also skeptical on his form. Been so and so most of his career, hit a hot patch the this season. Will is sustain? Or will it be an outlier?

Rayner’s last 6 week has been like Petracca. Unreal. But the years before that not so much…
Stringer vibes.

Would want Rayner to be much more consistent seems to pick and choose when to play way too often

Would love him personally. But gee he cannot seem to stay on the park. Throw him in with Weightman and West, and we won't have to worry about small and mid sized forwards for the next 4-5 years
Lazy and applies 0 pressure. His type of player is unfortunately not the way the games is trending with team defense, pressure and system. Wouldn't even take him for free

Going to be another boring, uneventful off season for us. Likely for the competition imo
I think our priority should be on keeping our list together and developing within IMO. We can target low cost players for specific roles with ease given we have the key roles filled with stars already.

From a medium term perspective, we need to prepare for the retirements of Libba, Treloar & Jones. We potentially already have the players on the list with Sanders, Smith (?), Buss & JOD. The rest of our list is fairly young.

Would love him personally. But gee he cannot seem to stay on the park. Throw him in with Weightman and West, and we won't have to worry about small and mid sized forwards for the next 4-5 years
We need small pressure forwards not another marking small like Weightman.
Liam Ryan could be gettable..

Gets fit and he’s a weapon.
We aren't one of the clubs linked. Power and Essendon the destinations if he leaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back