Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs will be one of the teams chasing Mac Andrews next year

Been told (though likely not accurate)
We have around 1.7mil free to chase talent next year
I love how Sam Power is in there pitching for the elite talent. A far cry from the old days where we had to get excited over the likes of Matthew Bate and Stephen Koops.

I honestly don't think we will be that active in this trade period

Likely just flip Bailey Smith and some pick movements

Maybe sign one or two free agents depending on list spots

Next year is a big year with the trading opening up

Yep we should sign our talent up and then get back into the draft with the Smith picks. Focus on next year although don't we have some father sons coming in?

Depending on the Smith picks, I would consider future trading if there is a good deal to be had.

This year has great depth and IF Smith chooses the Hawks, I would even consider trading pick 10 & a second rounder for 2 late first round picks. This draft has good depth and I expect there will be a few teams (including us) who may try and trade a future pick into this draft.

Examples?
Every midfielder and half forward who doesn't quite make it seems to get a second chance at half back. Some are just no good and get delisted but inevitably some of them are a great success. Dale and MBoyd come quickly to mind but there are probably heaps of others. Richards was also a HFF who did way better behind the ball, but of course he has now moved on to midfield role.

Would take what I could for English.

I’d trade in someone like Ned Reeves, Nick Bryan, even offer for Jarrod Witts (if they want to fast track Moyle)

We can’t keep persisting with this.

Those names I’ve suggested are all at worst 50/50 propositions to beat English on any given day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s not actually the point, but to think that what we served up tonight could cost Bont yet another Brownlow

I think he was probably 4-6 votes behind Cripps and possibly Daicos/Neale anyway. Would’ve needed 3 bogs in the last 3 games to have a chance imo.

Also, I don’t want to shoot Bambi here, but he’s the captain of the club and those two performances at AO have been atrocious. The playing group don’t meet standards consistently enough and he has a big role to play there.

I know it’s not actually the point, but to think that what we served up tonight could cost Bont yet another Brownlow

Playing at times like he did in todays first quarter is what will cost him a Brownlow.

And considering he’s the best player in the comp, it probably contributed to us losing the game. As did several other things.

I think he was probably 4-6 votes behind Cripps and possibly Daicos/Neale anyway. Would’ve needed 3 bogs in the last 3 games to have a chance imo.

Also, I don’t want to shoot Bambi here, but he’s the captain of the club and those two performances at AO have been atrocious. The playing group don’t meet standards consistently enough and he has a big role to play there.
Can’t hold Bont responsible for Darcy kicking 1.5, Tim English getting flogged in the ruck, or Buku getting pushed out of the contest in a one on one by Fogarty with nothing more than a flick of the wrist

I’ve lost count of the amount of games, particularly last year, that Bont single handedly won us games. We ask too much of him because others don’t pull their weight.

Khamis, light frame, continued playing in front of Fogarty and getting outbodied. Was the strangest thing I’ve seen. Goes against his strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back