Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont see Khamis having any future with us. He looks a million bucks when we're on top and forcing bad inside 50s he can intercept, but what defender doesnt with that role. Once he's isolated one on one as we saw he's moved off the ball way too easily. And that isnt just by meatballs like Fogarty. He's simply too small and not strong enough to compete. We'd be ebetter off getting games into Buss or JOD in that role

I dont see Khamis having any future with us. He looks a million bucks when we're on top and forcing bad inside 50s he can intercept, but what defender doesnt with that role. Once he's isolated one on one as we saw he's moved off the ball way too easily. And that isnt just by meatballs like Fogarty. He's simply too small and not strong enough to compete. We'd be ebetter off getting games into Buss or JOD in that role
Agree, certainly not this year at least. But I don't think he's that young either so what his scope?

VDM. Trade, delist, send to a suburban club, whatever. I just don't want to see him playing for us in 2025.
It’s honestly becoming beyond a joke. The pile on sometimes get too much but he shouldn’t be in the 22. He’s one of the most incompetent players with the ball in hand inside 50 that I’ve even seen.

There’s so many players that can play a selfless role if they’re instructed to by the coaches. This notion that he plays some irreplaceable important role is absolute crap.

Nick Bryan would be the one I think. Only 22 and just about to hit his straps.
Nick Bryan would be the one I think. Only 22 and just about to hit his straps. He is contracted for another year though so would need to get creative.
I would be chasing Liam Reidy from the dockers, Victorian boy, has Darcy and Jackson ahead of him. Send Tim back home, use some of this salary cap space to up the deal for Barrass

There has been some talk on here this week that English has signed his new deal.

Very common for players in a contract year to perform above expectations.

Did Tim's intensity drop (further) off because of a new deal?

There has been some talk on here this week that English has signed his new deal.

Was thinking it but didn't want to say it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it. Tim has been flaky throughout his entire career. He's always had weeks where he plays agressive and then backs it up with a feeble performance.

I wouldn't be reading into anything like that.

Tim hasn’t signed I don’t know why you guys are thinking he has

Has not been confirmed to the media but those ITK have indicated he has signed it is just timing of announcement

Do you know otherwise?

I doubt it. Tim has been flaky throughout his entire career. He's always had weeks where he plays agressive and then backs it up with a feeble performance.

I wouldn't be reading into anything like that.

The great mystery. There can be days when skill exucution is a bit off, or there's some soreness/underlying injury. But to have days when punters think that you are not trying very hard, that is another thing altogether. Effort is surely the one thing that players can control, even if they are having an off day. Oh, to get inside Tim's head.

The great mystery. There can be days when skill exucution is a bit off, or there's some soreness/underlying injury. But to have days when punters think that you are not trying very hard, that is another thing altogether. Effort is surely the one thing that players can control, even if they are having an off day. Oh, to get inside Tim's head.
In fairness, he was in a moonboot post game. God only knows at what point he hurt his foot but he's been pretty solid for a couple of months now.

Sam Power has done well keeping the group together Naughton, English, JUH and Weightman

to be honest I see this ending with Darcy in the ruck and Tim as a very expensive fwd/ruck, or a trade if that isn’t agreeable with him.

That’s probably not 2025. But I would be surprised if we see improvement from Tim where we hope it comes from at this point. It’s not about him spending more time in the gym.

Yes Darcy looks very good as a forward too, but he’s going to be great no matter where we play him - and I’d rather him around the action more than sitting around in that 3rd tall option that occasionally takes hitouts. He is the real unicorn - anything Tim does Darcy can do at least as well with a hell of a lot more aggression to boot.

There was a very brief indication of this vs Port when we started Darcy in the middle because we were worried about Tim getting spooked by his former understudy, which happened anyway.

Tim can’t go from celebrating a goal by ‘putting a bow’ on his contract to putting in one of his career worst efforts the next week. Obviously we weren’t going to let him walk given west coasts offer was not significantly more. And he’ll get his chances while Darcy gets stronger.

Hell of a test for Tim if he’s available on Sunday against Xerri. He can’t get monstered like that again. Or if he’s going to lose the hit outs like he was when he was younger he has to absolutely dominate his matchup in every other facet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back