Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness, he was in a moonboot post game. God only knows at what point he hurt his foot but he's been pretty solid for a couple of months now.

Yes, absolutely. Tim was really good during our run of wins. That's what he can bring. I remember his game vs Geelong. When I saw the manner in which he was competing, I thought, "We're not losing this." That's the frustrating thing. Tim's body language and physical efforts seem to be a real barometer for the team, as other posters have suggested. We know he has it in him to be a very good player.

He's only just now coming into peak strength (English). Would be shame to lose him now after putting in all the work. As long as we aren't over paying
English and strength in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

If we keep Tim I feel as though we need to move him out of the no.1 ruck role. Darcy, still only a kid, is already far stronger in the contest than Tim and will only continue to improve.

On the other hand, Tim is a great mark and reliable kick so seeing him move to a fwd/ruck and Darcy as a ruck/fwd would be my preference.

If we keep Tim I feel as though we need to move him out of the no.1 ruck role. Darcy, still only a kid, is already far stronger in the contest than Tim and will only continue to improve.

On the other hand, Tim is a great mark and reliable kick so seeing him move to a fwd/ruck and Darcy as a ruck/fwd would be my preference.

Inevitable this is going to happen. Only a matter of time before Darcy starts dominating in the middle.

May as well find another role for Tim now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but don't think it'll be that quick or that clear across all games.

English and Darcy sharing ruck - fwd for the next 5 years is pretty awesome.

Melbourne should do everything in it’s power to keep him happy most important player on their list

They will. Feel like this is a rumour that is made to force change. Maybe he wants the coach gone or maybe some of the players causing off field distractions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back