Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He would but he will also cost too much.
I feel we're in a great position to spend big on a player like Houston, though. With Smith out and Libba/Treloar getting on we'll have the mid minutes to offer him. If it works out, we've got a really damaging, perfectly aged mid on our hands. If it doesn't, we've got a really damaging HBF/wing.

Goodwin as senior assistant
Yucky.
I feel we're in a great position to spend big on a player like Houston, though. With Smith out and Libba/Treloar getting on we'll have the mid minutes to offer him. If it works out, we've got a really damaging, perfectly aged mid on our hands. If it doesn't, we've got a really damaging HBF/wing.
If we could turn the picks from Smith into Houston I'd do it but wouldn't want to put in extra and I think we'd need to. Also that would be reliant on him being willing to play on a wing with a few inside minutes (essentially the role Gags was playing when he was in).

Who would you all want to grab from the Demon's going out of business sale?
Other then Hunter and Schache of course!
Safety first.

2d274907927020-tdy-davidgif-150303.gif

I ready.

Kysaiah Pickett.

Last edited:
Being nice doesn't win you flags. It's a ruthless business.

Should we be nice and just accept that Smith is going to Geelong and just roll over and accept what they want to give us? No, you fight and push and get the very best deal for the club and if Geelong aren't offering it, he can go elsewhere.

Should we just concede that Barrass is just off to Hawthorn, pack up the caravan and move on? No. He's clearly a need, so you fight.

This is a competition, be ruthless, nobody is going to give us anything and praise for being 'nice' is great, but successful clubs generally aren't nice and they don't always follow 'the rules'.

It's not about being nice . It's about being principled. Bevo is a man of principles and I reckon his personality has lured more players to the club (Treloar, Lobb, Bramble have all quoted Bevo as the biggest selling point) than it has cost us.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be interested in Reef McInnes from the pies. Only 21, good mates with Marra. Think he should be developed as a 194cm inside mid instead of the KPP the pies have tried to force him to become.

Has good athletic traits.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Apparently he hasn't been able to get his tank to a serviceable level, if I were the Pies I'd be developing him as an interceptor. I think he will be out of the Pies this year so wouldn't turn him down for a future 3rd or 4th.

Bailey Smith's management are only dealing with Hawthorn.
Apparently its not an issue of money, just wants to get there.
Geelong has never really been on the cards so I don't know where these d1ckheads in the media are getting their info from but it's way off.

Last edited:
Bailey Smith's management are only dealing with Hawthorn.
Apparently its not an issue of money, just wants to get there.
Geelong has never really been on the cards so I don't know where these d1ckheads in the media are getting their info from but it's way off.
Assuming he is going to the Hawk and everyone else is wrong. How do you suggest they get deals done for both Smith and Barrass?

It's not about being nice you ****ing numbskull. It's about being principled. Bevo is a man of principles and I reckon his personality has lured more players to the club (Treloar, Lobb, Bramble have all quoted Bevo as the biggest selling point) than it has cost us.
Bruce's come out and explicitly stated that he saw the culture and Bevo as a coach as a good next step of his career when he wanted out at the Saints.

Assuming he is going to the Hawk and everyone else is wrong. How do you suggest they get deals done for both Smith and Barrass?
This gets asked every year and in almost every single case they find a way to make it happen.

Good clubs just get shit done. For all our improvements in list management and negotiation over the past two decades, we still massively lag behind other clubs in what we are able to accomplish during trade period IMO.

This gets asked every year and in almost every single case they find a way to make it happen.

Good clubs just get shit done. For all our improvements in list management and negotiation over the past two decades, we still massively lag behind other clubs in what we are able to accomplish during trade period IMO.
Unless we were going to accept a future second and third they just won't have anything to give though, Barrass will cost them their first and second this year. Unless I'm missing a player of value we'd want that they'd be willing to part with.

Unless we were going to accept a future second and third they just won't have anything to give though, Barrass will cost them their first and second this year. Unless I'm missing a player of value we'd want that they'd be willing to part with.
Same conversation was had re: Taranto and Hopper, for example. In the end, GWS ended up with less than was perhaps expected, and it got done.

Knowing that Smith is OOC, if they were in the box seat for both he and Barrass they would sort the latter out first then come back to us with the offer to take what they have left or get nothing. It would get done, 100%, even if they end up moving someone else out for a future pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back