Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Any result that Geelong miss out on him I’m happy with. The way that club and supporters have acted like they’re entitled to him has been gross.
I think Hawthorn 2024 have a lot of Bulldogs 2015 about them. The idea of them adding Barrass, Battle, and Smith while we yet again miss out on all of our targets scares the shit out of me, TBH.

Same conversation was had re: Taranto and Hopper, for example. In the end, GWS ended up with less than was perhaps expected, and it got done.

Knowing that Smith is OOC, if they were in the box seat for both he and Barrass they would sort the latter out first then come back to us with the offer to take what they have left or get nothing. It would get done, 100%, even if they end up moving someone else out for a future pick.
There has to be a breaking point though, I understand when a player nominates a club 99/100 he gets there. I was just curious as to how it would work out considering other players would likely need to be involved.

Understand where you're coming from, but you have to fight fire with fire. Clearly coaches getting in the ear of, and meeting players, mid season is the norm now. We've got to sell the club. Players won't just come by sitting on our hands.
So Carlton beat us to get Jack Martin, who has hardly played because of injury. Hawthorn nabbed Winguard, which is a bust, an expensive one at that. The only player Hawthorn took was a rookie back in their four peat years, who I can’t remember, a great crumbing forward. Let them take Barrass I say, Hawthorn saves us from ourselves.

I think Hawthorn 2024 have a lot of Bulldogs 2015 about them. The idea of them adding Barrass, Battle, and Smith while we yet again miss out on all of our targets scares the shit out of me, TBH.

But they're all so deliriously happy down there, don't cha know? I'm sure they'll all just play for nothing and won't at all crack it when they bring in big money recruits and the rest wonder why they're getting peanuts...

Bailey Smith's management are only dealing with Hawthorn.
Apparently its not an issue of money, just wants to get there.
Geelong has never really been on the cards so I don't know where these d1ckheads in the media are getting their info from but it's way off.
My info came from close relatives of his girlfriend and a player manager.
If Baz is only dealing with Hawks, that post of him with a cat on the surfcoast is a hell of a p1sstake.

I think opposite to you, I for one don't want the coach involved in those chats at all until after we bow out of finals. If the coach or players have a pre exsisting relationship with a potential target that's one thing but otherwise let Power and co handle that side of things and focus on this year.
You can always introduce yourself to potential targets at the midnight tours of the new facilities though.
I’d want to meet the bloke I’m essentially going to be working for/with on a daily basis ie the coach.

You're all wrong. It's not backmen or fwds we need....it's midfield. And it's an attitude in midfield, and skill, and pace and execution. You know the answer. I know the answer. We just get it done and reap the rewards.
What would you give to get him and how do you realistically see it getting done if he was available?

The fact that I’d be happy to see Smith go to the Hawks with how they currently act should say everything about what I think of Geelong… pies and cats fans have been unbearable the last year or two in regards to Bailey.

Pretty happy to have all this drama end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buku has probably been so focused on improving his tank over every off season his strength training has probably been less of a priority.

I think his strength can be improved over a preseason. I’d persist with him long term, but probably shelve him for the rest of the year as he can be exposed and cost us games.

If Baz is only dealing with Hawks, that post of him with a cat on the surfcoast is a hell of a p1sstake.
Do you remember a few years ago when we were balls deep into Chad Wingard?
If so you might remember Wingard liking a few social posts from the dogs and even commenting 'woof woof!' which got the Bulldogs natives very excited...
My sources regarding Smith are close family (from late last year) and a player manager (today).
Just remember that the AFL media are no different from anyone on here. It all depends on the quality of your sources.
Bailey Smith is Click Bait target #1 so any article mentioning him is like gold for these clowns... it doesn't matter whether it is bullsh1t or not.

Same conversation was had re: Taranto and Hopper, for example. In the end, GWS ended up with less than was perhaps expected, and it got done.

Knowing that Smith is OOC, if they were in the box seat for both he and Barrass they would sort the latter out first then come back to us with the offer to take what they have left or get nothing. It would get done, 100%, even if they end up moving someone else out for a future pick.
Correct. As usual we will get absolutely reamed in the deal.... better to accept it now and move on.
Sam will work out the best outcome for us considering the circumstances. He hasn't let us down yet.

Not sure Smith going to hawthon is any better for us than Geelong. Especially with them having to find picks for Barrass. We'll be lucky to get a future first for him

Remember how scared the competition was when the Pies won the flag and then recruited Lachie Shultz...
The Bulldogs recruiting Jones has been fantastic - 10/10 (if we win the flag it will be the move of the century)...
Ed Richards is a far superior midfielder than Smitty - swings and round-a-bouts

Correct. As usual we will get absolutely reamed in the deal.... better to accept it now and move on.
Sam will work out the best outcome for us considering the circumstances. He hasn't let us down yet.
Hindsight and all, but assuming Smith and Daniel leave, that's a few misses for our "back ourselves in" strategy. I don't think anybody here had faith in Dunkley staying the year after the Essendon debacle, nor did the majority re: Smith, and I feel there were a lot of us that felt CD was likely to be pushed out when he would have been worth a first rounder.

Would love to see the club make ballsier, pre-emptive moves sometimes. Not always, of course, but the first rounder trade last year was the closest to it since 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back