Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Buku is a good enough footballer in a pure sense, I’m just not sure he’s made for AFL.

He’s a very good user by foot (knocking that area of his game makes me ask how often you’ve seen him play?)

His positioning is actually very good when allowed to intercept (isolated), he does that as well as anyone we’ve got (which we saw over the recent winning patch).

Buku’s knock is that he can’t defend a forward who has any sort of strength, especially when he’s taken deep.
His kicking is serviceable but he isn’t a game breaker with his feet to suggest he’s a very good user by foot

His positioning is woeful he is constantly playing in front which he doesn’t have the physical strength for hence he is always on his backside

He was solid in the 2 games against Carlton and Geelong but nothing more he is 25 next year and has shown little to nothing at AFL level for a while now

Is there a good enough footballer?

Highly disagree with smarts never seen a footballer get caught in the wrong position more then him also disagree with good user as well he's finally worked out to do a Dale Morris and take the easy 20m kicks or long down the line for a reason.

He's 25 in March next year if there was a good footballer in there he would be significantly more advanced by now after 6 years in the system
He has limitations, but we are talking about a Cat B rookie who walked into the system with zero tank.
It's a minor miracle he's worked hard enough to get where he is now.

If another team is willing to offer him 2, I like him but he should take it and run (the Lachie Young rule). JOD after another pre-season takes his spot next year anyway.

Hopefully English signing a long term contract provides him with the opportunity to play with a bit more freedom in the knowledge that his future is secured.

I get the impression that the potential impact of further concussions looming over him in a contract year has affected him on field this year.

He has limitations, but we are talking about a Cat B rookie who walked into the system with zero tank.
It's a minor miracle he's worked hard enough to get where he is now.

If another team is willing to offer him 2, I like him but he should take it and run (the Lachie Young rule). JOD after another pre-season takes his spot next year anyway.
I'm not suggesting he hasn't done well at all to get to where he has more just suggesting because of this we just him with rose tinted glasses and want him to succeed but the realty is his deficiencies are pretty obvious and aren't really that fixable now he's had 6 years at the level

I'm not suggesting he hasn't done well at all to get to where he has more just suggesting because of this we just him with rose tinted glasses and want him to succeed but the realty is his deficiencies are pretty obvious and aren't really that fixable now he's had 6 years at the level
I still think he has scope to improve. He has improved alot this year alone. I would think he will need another 2 years until he is at his peak, it just a wait and see on if that peak sees him become a lock best 18 or not and if we and Buku are both happy to spend another two year waiting when he could potentially be closer to a best 18 now at another club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never in doubt.

Anybody who has ever shit posted about Tim English give this post a thumbs down as a way of penance.

And I will forgive you.
He's still 2 years off his peak. Rucks peak late

Buku is worth persisting with but if he decides to request a trade to saints. I'd ask for 24* for Buku & 45*. Saints can flip 44* & 45* into Shiel*.
That is way overvaluing a player out of contract. We will only get some akin to Lewis Young, Lipinski or Schache.

after 6 years in the system clubs are buying performance not potential.

Absolutely 1000 per cent go after Butters. If there's even the slightest and most remote chance of him wanting to come home surely we're right in there. He can play with Bont in his prime, back home in the west, get paid a fortune, what more could anyone want?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back