Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if they're not top 10/15 draft picks we should be hitting the draft hard in terms of potential future genuine onball midfielders.

Other than Sanders we barely have a player in the VFL younger than 23 who is on the precipice of getting picked in our AFL team and is developing as an onballer as part of our systems, even if we don't think they're going to be a star.

Not saying that we should expect a better player or a likely AFL contributor from a random pick 23 or whatever, just that, we need that type of player getting centre bounce minutes in the AFL that is in the 1st-4th year developing category.
Agree with you premise but Joel Freijah likely to move there for one

If sanders can take libbas spot In time, we need the capital we get back for Baz to get us treloars replacement. Ironically that’d be Baz if he stayed but oh well
Im telling youse. This is the Treloar replacement.

I look forward to bumping this post in two years. If not before.

FREIJAH_500x.jpg

Last edited:

Haven't read back far enough in the thread, but what's the chances we can end up landing Petracca?

Off load Bailey Smith to the GC for a first rounder and a quality player. Off load that first rounder and our future first to Melbourne for Petracca? Chuck in a fringe player to sweeten the deal.

I can't stand the bloke but **** me, we would be near unstoppable with if Petracca was running around a long side our midfield.

Haven't read back far enough in the thread, but what's the chances we can end up landing Petracca?

Off load Bailey Smith to the GC for a first rounder and a quality player. Off load that first rounder and our future first to Melbourne for Petracca? Chuck in a fringe player to sweeten the deal.

I can't stand the bloke but **** me, we would be near unstoppable with if Petracca was running around a long side our midfield.
0%

Wasn’t the rumour before the draft that smith seen a doctor to say he couldn’t play interstate due to he’s mental health so goldcoast wouldn’t draft him ? Would he pretty hilarious if he is actually heading up there
As an 18 year old, yes.

But yes, it would be a little strange if that's how it eventuated.

As an 18 year old, yes.

But yes, it would be a little strange if that's how it eventuated.
I wouldn't call that strange. He was a 17 year old kid at the time that had probably never spent more than a week away from his family and used it as an excused.

He's moved out of home and has his own life now.

I kinda hope this is all true because it would be hilarious after 23 rounds and a full off season of chest beating for Hawks and Geelong fans to be standing around with their dicks in their hands.

It's also death, taxes and Gold Coast list management paying an extortionate rate for a player so I imagine you'll end up with pick 5 + extras if he does want to come to the suns.

Good luck this week and for the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll stay at Melbourne.

These long valueable contracts go both ways. Petracca gets security to plan the rest of his life knowing that he's earning a million a year for several years but, Melbourne are entitled to hold onto him if they want even if Petracca is unhappy at the club.

There's talk about Petracca wanting out but he had the opportunity to, in theory, to consider the possibility that he might want out in the future before he signed his long-term deal with Melbourne. It's only fair.

I think Melbourne would burn the place to the ground and trade out 30 players before they'd trade Petracca

Wasn’t the rumour before the draft that smith seen a doctor to say he couldn’t play interstate due to he’s mental health so goldcoast wouldn’t draft him ? Would he pretty hilarious if he is actually heading up there
He also didn't drink before he entered the AFL system.
I'm not sure an APS 18 year old kid is overly worldly compared to a 23 year old celebrity, which Baz now is

Suns don't end up being that much of a better option if they have to trade for a contracted Rioli.

Currently hold 5 & 10 (pre-Ashcroft bid) plus get a likely first rounder for Lukocious, plus future picks.
Plenty of capital to get deals done even if they hold all of their other players. We also have the option of swapping later 2024 pick (academy points) for 2025 picks for us (FS picks) to even out any deal.

Currently hold 5 & 10 (pre-Ashcroft bid) plus get a likely first rounder for Lukocious, plus future picks.
Plenty of capital to get deals done even if they hold all of their other players. We also have the option of swapping later 2024 pick (academy points) for 2025 picks for us (FS picks) to even out any deal.
If I had to have a guess I'd say 14 and 21 for Smith and 34.

Why 10? It's currently 13. Ironically it is our pick from last year's trade!

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back