Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't expect any deals done but some clubs have expressed interest in Baker and Cleary

Why don’t you expect deals to be done?

Required and contracted ?

The players want to stay and break into the side?

I don't expect any deals done but some clubs have expressed interest in Baker and Cleary
Free to a good home. If either were out of contract then they'd probably be prime candidates for delist material.

Baker is a solid but he's not adding anything to our list and is already 26. I don't rate Cleary in the slightest. He might be able to get a few games at North like Lachie Young did.

Freijah's already built more solid than Cleary and has better weapons in his marking and accurate kick. Cleary seems to be overall just fine but doesn't have that one standout quality.

Cleary is C grade across the board. If he was quick or a great interceptor or a lockdown defender he’d be a AFL player. But without a stand out attribute, his ceiling is solid depth. If he can get a Lachie Young type opportunity at Norf he should take it.

* Golden_6 beat me to it.

Not that simple.

You have to remember probably a lot of that money has been spent on the English, JUH and Naughton new contracts that kick in next year.
English and Naughton new contacts increases are probably at the margin given they were already on good coin. It’s the Jamarra contract and renewals for Richards and Darcy beyond 2025 that move the needle.

English and Naughton new contacts increases are probably at the margin given they were already on good coin. It’s the Jamarra contract and renewals for Richards and Darcy beyond 2025 that move the needle.
The Jamarra one is going to be a problem. If Richmond move on Bolton they are going to have a heap of cap space and will be desperate for a key forward. Really wish he re-signed for 4 years rather than 2.

The Jamarra one is going to be a problem. If Richmond move on Bolton they are going to have a heap of cap space and will be desperate for a key forward. Really wish he re-signed for 4 years rather than 2.

As much as I love Jamarra and want him to stay, he’d cost a first, future first, future future first and future future future first.

For someone we got for nothing, and all the talls we have already, it wouldn’t be the worst thing to ever happen to our club.

It would suck to lose Marra but at least we'd get 2 x top 10 picks (if he keeps developing at the same trajectory) and we are stacked for KPFs.

Jamarra is rank 1 in the league for shots per game as a player (5.1). More than Daniher, more than Curnow, more than Hogan, more than Cameron. Not highly ranked - literal rank 1.

He's 22. Those other players are 30, 27 and 31.

The next highest 22 or younger player in the league ... is Sam Darcy (lol) a 3.6.

His goalkicking accuracy stinks and we can never assume that hes ever going to be average or above average at that, but there's every argument he should be among the highest paid players for his next contract.

As much as I love Jamarra and want him to stay, he’d cost a first, future first, future future first and future future future first.

For someone we got for nothing, and all the talls we have already, it wouldn’t be the worst thing to ever happen to our club.
Certainly and it’s something we need to be prepared for.

We all clearly want him to stay but say the worst happened and he took a big contract elsewhere to be the number 1 guy. We would walk away with one of the biggest trade hauls of all time, a $1 million+ cap hole to work with and fall back on the Darcy & Naughton combo.

I think Melbourne would burn the place to the ground and trade out 30 players before they'd trade Petracca

The way things are going down there that's not outside the realms...and I'm here for it.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Why don’t you expect deals to be done?

Required and contracted ?

The players want to stay and break into the side?
I don't think the pick return will be enough to warrant the trade

Clubs prefers to keep the depth players unless it a good deal

We have no one to match this draft as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is one player we should be aiming from Melbourne

That is bayley fritsch
He would be deadly in our forward line
Could easily be a 50+ kicker with our structure

If there is one player we should be aiming from Melbourne

That is bayley fritsch
He would be deadly in our forward line
Could easily be a 50+ kicker with our structure

I'd trade Jamarra for Bailey Fritsch. We've got surplus tall forwards and I reckon Fritsch would complement Naughton and Darcy better as that third tall. Very solid player is Fritsch, despite the private all-boys school w***er look of him.

I'd trade Jamarra for Bailey Fritsch. We've got surplus tall forwards and I reckon Fritsch would complement Naughton and Darcy better as that third tall. Very solid player is Fritsch, despite the private all-boys school w***er look of him.
The most selfish forward in the comp and lacks defensive intent.
Certainly an offensive threat but Marra is an infinitely better player

I’m surprised interest from other clubs hasn’t happened prior to the GC announcement.

Tigers is another club that would be a perfect result for all.

Desperate for young mids, cap space, have a huge supporter base/reach for Baz’s ego, he gets to play in front of 60k plus at the G every other week, and they have a heap of currency to make it happen.

I wonder if the club has made attempts to make a deal with other clubs, hence the GC medical.

Wouldn’t surprise. They may have said to Baz, we’ll make sure a trade gets done, but you need to look at other clubs.

I've been dreaming about something like this happening...

Would stick to the "big clubs", wouldn't?

Imagine the bleating! 😊
Imagine the profile boost if he could be part of lifting the Suns into finals. And with the other talent they are stock piling a premiership. I could see how that might appeal to Baz and out of the Footy bubble in Melbourne.
And if it doesn't work out will have a large contract to set himself up for after retirement.

Freijah's already built more solid than Cleary and has better weapons in his marking and accurate kick. Cleary seems to be overall just fine but doesn't have that one standout quality.

Freyjah also has far superior footy smarts.

Knows where to be, and when to be there. For his age, his understanding of field positioning is elite. It’s no wonder the coaches have given him the amount of game time they have. Plays like a 200 gamer.

Wouldn’t hurt his game though if he develops a slightly harder edge. Not a criticism considering his age, but it would improve his impact even more and possibly get him a midfield spot moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back