Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

A very, very, VERY small part of me wants the season to be over because I am sick to death of hearing about Bailey Smith and I just want there to be an announcement he’s requested a trade to whichever flipping club. Honestly. I’ll give him some credit - what a way to keep yourself in the spotlight without even being able to play.

The best part of this is that I only started following the Dogs this year so I’m already used to the side without him in it 😂 we all know he’s gone, stop drawing it out and just get on with it. Less time telling us what you’re doing, more time doing.
You must hate being happy, welcome aboard nonetheless.

Why is it, whenever a player of ours starts starring or displaying a lot of talent, there's an automatic assumption that we won't be able to keep them? Same with good players who for one reason or another can't be fitted into the team immediately? Of course they will want out, is the narrative. Is this just a Bulldogs inferiority complex?

I'd actually be disappointed if Baz doesn't leave. He's a solid player but he's a bit overrated imo. His skills aren't good enough for an outside mid and his contested ability isn't good enough for an inside mid. His main asset is his fitness which allows him to accumulate a lot of cheap possessions but most of his kicks just lead to turnovers. I'd rather take the pick 15 to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys really should refrain from speaking in absolutes when it comes to Bailey Smith.

Remember that this year alone:

Busslinger was gone until he wasnt.

English was gone until he wasnt.

Getting wound up about every social media post, repost, rumour or media story is a fools errand.

Smith will remain a bulldog until he isn't.

DONT TELL ME WHEN TO PANIC I KNOW WHEN TO PANIC - EARLY AND OFTEN

I'll be very sad if I ever see him in other colours.

I do find it hard to believe that we can't find a role for a barely 30 year old Macrae when a 45 year old Pendlebury who can barely muster up more than a jog can be one of the better players in a Premiership team
Jack just hasn’t played enough basketball

I'd actually be disappointed if Baz doesn't leave. He's a solid player but he's a bit overrated imo. His skills aren't good enough for an outside mid and his contested ability isn't good enough for an inside mid. His main asset is his fitness which allows him to accumulate a lot of cheap possessions but most of his kicks just lead to turnovers. I'd rather take the pick 15 to the draft.
Does anyone else think Scrag might actually be Bailey Smith trolling us all?

Makes me guffaw thinking about the conversation around the dinner table at the Darcy household if it did happen 😁
"Dad, can I come inside yet? Over"
"No son. Over"

Tend to agree with this, although if he could actually manage to hit the scoreboard like he did in the finals series he's not overrated at all. The problem is, he's never got close to replicating it and even Smith himself said he didn't/doesn't kick many goals even as a junior.

Tend to agree with this, although if he could actually manage to hit the scoreboard like he did in the finals series he's not overrated at all. The problem is, he's never got close to replicating it and even Smith himself said he didn't/doesn't kick many goals even as a junior.
I expect he will have an average 2025 and start off slow before going bang in 2026. It tends to be the case with ACL injuries that it takes some time to genuinely get back to the elite level even if you can play a year later. I absolutely hope he stays, he is going to re-find his form and is only young so has alot of improvement there, I think he is gone but still hold out hopes of a suprise.

I expect he will have an average 2025 and start off slow before going bang in 2026. It tends to be the case with ACL injuries that it takes some time to genuinely get back to the elite level even if you can play a year later. I absolutely hope he stays, he is going to re-find his form and is only young so has alot of improvement there, I think he is gone but still hold out hopes of a suprise.

I said this last year during the trade period that a fresh start for Smith might be the best option for him. Mentally I'm not sure he's in the best place and I think Geelong's probably the right fit. They have a strong culture and he should get a starting midfield spot no worries.

I said this last year during the trade period that a fresh start for Smith might be the best option for him. Mentally I'm not sure he's in the best place and I think Geelong's probably the right fit. They have a strong culture and he should get a starting midfield spot no worries.
I'd back in the club to get him right if he chose to stay.
If he does go (likely) then I think Geelong as a club would be great for him, some of the crazy supporters down in Geelong though may not be so good, they eat their own down that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back