Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would anyone take this deal - Melbourne get our pick for Bailey Smith plus next year second round draft from us and Juh We get Petracca ?

Nope. JUH alone and Melbourne would be biting our hand. Yes Petracca is a gun but it wasn’t that long ago he was very inconsistent. Given his game is centred around speed and strength, how many years before that starts to fade and he is just a good midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks

He is clearly a knobjockey. Hope the Demons hold him to his contract.

Something might come up on the footy show tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone take this deal - Melbourne get our pick for Bailey Smith plus next year second round draft from us and Juh We get Petracca ?
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Not sure how anyone here can seriously question Petracca’s commitment. Melbourne have had serious off-field issues for at least 2 years, then this year he’s suffered a serious injury and they sent him back out onto the field while he could barely move.

From everything that we’ve seen, he takes his preparation seriously, great work ethic and is undoubtedly one of the best players in the competition.

People here are judging him for posting cooking videos? Like seriously? Compare his food to how cooked Oliver is in his spare time.

Probably sees this as his last chance to move and get another flag rather than go through a rebuild for the rest of his career.

Would love him at our club but the cost is too much - highly doubt he moves anyway, Melbourne would be absolute idiots to do that instead of fixing the underlying issues.

Last edited:
Taking Essendon’s cast offs- are you serious?

Nick Hind is not as bad as people think, he had a few good games at Essendon this season.

I'm not saying he'd be starting 22, but could do a lot worse as a depth option who plays VFL mainly and only comes in as an emergency / injury cover.

If Petracca leaves it’ll be largely from his family and partner and how unhappy they were with that injury. Can’t blame them. Disgusting that they put him back out to play.

100% don’t blame him for wanting out. That could’ve been an even bigger disaster than what it was.

I was filthy with how the club handled Liber’s latest concussion. Can only imagine how I’d feel if we did something like they did.

Not sure how anyone here can seriously question Petracca’s commitment. Melbourne have had serious off-field issues for at least 2 years, then this year he’s suffered a serious injury and they sent him back out onto the field while he could barely move.

From everything that we’ve seen, he takes his preparation seriously, great work ethic and is undoubtedly one of the best players in the competition.

People here are judging him for posting cooking videos? Like seriously? Compare his food to how cooked Oliver is in his spare time.

Probably sees this as his last chance to move and get another flag rather than go through a rebuild for the rest of his career.

Would love him at our club but the cost is too much.

Not questioning his commitment, but if the 'Brand Petracca' stuff is to be believed and the whole playing in front of big things crowds is a bit much.

However, on the flip side, that sort of stuff could just be a handy excuse to get the hell out of that dumpster fire that is Melbourne and clearly his injury was a huge stuff up.

Petracca is a top 3 player in the comp.

I don’t know much about spleen injuries but I’m guessing it’s a freak accident from impact. It’s probably something that is very unlikely to occur again. It’s not like a knee.

Media pile on seems like a beat up also. I reckon the media is just trying to drum up a story and drive his price down. They always do it to smaller clubs.

Even the media and this wider view about them going through a rebuild is wrong imo. If they get Oliver and Petracca at there best next year they will have the most powerful midfield in the comp which gives you a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back